Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC] The Litecoin Owl Sanctuary  (Read 3378 times)
JonnyBravo (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:38:03 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 10:56:22 PM by JonnyBravo

Hi all Cool

I'm delighted to announce that my first Litecoin game is now LIVE at L8.LV \o/

First up, I'll say this right off the bat -- this is an LTC chain game. If you regard ALL chain games as scams, then you are not going to feel any differently about this one! I am saying this right here to save the mods from doing it Cheesy

However, there is no trickery involved!

You sponsor an owl for a given price. When someone else takes over that owl's sponsorship, you get your original sponsorship amount back plus a profit.

If an owl is not re-sponsored in a given time frame, sadly it dies (owls have a constant need for delicious worms you know!) -- in this sad event, you still get back a consolation prize equal to a given percentage of your original stake.

To combat the bot situation prevalent on certain other game sites, I've implemented a strong Captcha. The game also shows exactly who the owl has been reserved by.

You can also (optionally) enter an email address if you'd like a notification when someone else sponsors your owl or it expires.

Part of the funds raised will go toward a Litecoin faucet, which will open as soon as there are enough coins in its account that it wont run out instantly Smiley

The most important thing to me is to be able to offer a great user experience and support. I've done a lot of testing and tweaking, but should there be any bugs left you will be refunded. I'm easy to get in touch with and will be monitoring very closely!

Come and play the Litecoin Owl Sanctuary @ L8.LV!

Any questions, comments or suggestions are very welcome.

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 11:34:59 PM

Woot -- first payout!! Very exciting Cheesy:D Congrats whoever "Wilterburg" is Cheesy

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 11:58:38 AM

Alright i'm joining!
That bit-potato seemed to be annoyingly expensive!

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:45:40 PM

laris2, awesome Cheesy I hope you and your owls are very happy!!

Do let me know of ANY problems you have, or suggestions how to make it better  Cool

laris2

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:35:08 PM

laris2, awesome Cheesy I hope you and your owls are very happy!!

Do let me know of ANY problems you have, or suggestions how to make it better  Cool

Cool,
The site actually returned me money.

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:11:04 PM

LOL -- Yeah, it does that Cheesy Great Smiley

laris2

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 09:08:30 PM

When the faucet will be ready?

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 09:19:46 PM

Really soon, I hope! I haven't yet decided quite what format it'll take.

I'd rather give a few people a bigger hit than throw a tiny fraction of a coin at a lot of people I think.

I want to be able to give a decent hit -- like 0.1LTC at least... so I guess there'll have to be a "one attempt per day per IP with random chance to get a payout" mechanism so that the available coins don't disappear instantly.

Open to ideas!

In any case, coins are already slowly going into the faucet fund even though I haven't built the faucet yet Cheesy

syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:00:09 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 10:44:20 PM by syn999

4 ltc didnt go though on time
waiting for respond

solved
thanks

JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:05:11 PM

Hi syn999 -- looking at this now!

JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:43:39 PM

4.5LTC refunded Smiley

syn999

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:03:33 AM

great guy, great site
recommended

laris2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 10:17:21 AM

Really soon, I hope! I haven't yet decided quite what format it'll take.

I'd rather give a few people a bigger hit than throw a tiny fraction of a coin at a lot of people I think.

I want to be able to give a decent hit -- like 0.1LTC at least... so I guess there'll have to be a "one attempt per day per IP with random chance to get a payout" mechanism so that the available coins don't disappear instantly.

Open to ideas!

In any case, coins are already slowly going into the faucet fund even though I haven't built the faucet yet Cheesy
Wow,
That sounds cool. Increaseing value of Litecoins by introducing more people to it.
I really like it! This site is way better than any of potato ones that are made of greed.
Really wanting to see the faucet working!: )

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:35:39 AM

Woohoo!! First milestone reached -- 20LTC now paid out Cheesy

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:19:14 PM

Always happy to see added LTC development no matter the size of contribution.

Now if GOX could just get moving, and LTCPP launched....

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
laris2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:51:59 PM

Always happy to see added LTC development no matter the size of contribution.

Now if GOX could just get moving, and LTCPP launched....
Whats LTCPP if may i ask?

TEST
matt_boyd

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:51:23 PM

Definitely a very cool service, pretty impressive, everything looks very neat, nice site man!

+1!
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 07:36:28 PM

Yay, thanks guys Cheesy I'm really happy it's had a positive reception. Already 41LTC paid out Grin

I'm not sure on ltcpp either -- is that p2p mining for LTC, or did that happen already? I don't really keep up with the mining stuffs..

destruct

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:06:18 PM

How many confirmations do you require before payment is shown as cleared? I have 2 and still showing "waiting for payment"

JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 08:08:48 PM

Hi destruct,

It's currently set to 4 -- it was 5 until about 30 mins ago Smiley

I'd really love to see some stats on how much the probability that a transaction is bad declines with subsequent block confirms, as I want to set it as low as I can and still be safe.

I've been taking my cue from what the other sites do in this regard, so far.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: