Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents disagree with MMO – Make Money Online and Bitcoin ?  (Read 6648 times)
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 01:15:38 AM

I understand what the OP is saying, but this retired old fart is still laughing. Tongue

Guess I am just young at heart, but I'm loving making excellent extra income from crypto.  I don't know, maybe reinforce to them that BTC isn't inherently evil.  I was shocked, no offense to my own Mom, that she thought the US was still on the gold standard, so, you never know where people are coming from.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
NerdYale

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:38:35 AM

Parents may do this to protect their children. They may think that teens earning a lot of money is prone to buying dangerous things like drugs and others. But for me as a parent, I dont really object to that, I think it is better for my kids to start to learn earning in their own rather than asking money from their parents.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:06:47 AM

You couldn't blame them entirely, my dad was rather skeptical when i say i make some good amount of money from Bitcoin, but as soon I showed here how established the current cryptocurrency  trading ecosystem was, he soon understands how value appreciation works in almost everything including digital goods. Judging from their experience, basically they are just very concern either:

1. How these 'Bitcoins' could be turn in fiats??? well localbitcoins and luno could easily achieved that, just they don't know about it.
2. They compared BTC with ponzis, something untangible and the earnings are only shown on a screen? Hell no!
3. Lack of knowledge with online transactions, my parents are afraid to send money online.

I would definitely respect parents disagreeing with MMO, after all they spend 70% of their lifetime making cold hard cash (mostly), adapting new technology is certainly more difficult for them.

JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:30:49 AM

See don't blame parents who disagree with MMO - Make Money Online and Bitcoin they care about you that's why they are telling this. Give some time to understand about what is MMO.

What I suggest is print the Bitcoin details and ask them to read and explain them the benefit of Bitcoin and the track record of last 8 years and its rate details and if you have friend involving in Bitcoin and gained through bitcoin introduce to your parents and I am sure they will understand.

Things has changes according to the technologies same parents afraid to use ATM Credit & Debit Cards till now lot of people doesn't know how to use cards. Educate them is the only solution to bring awareness.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:29:45 AM

Strive to the things you really want to achieve, if you want to be a millionare in a fair way, so be it. by this way,your mum cannot understand things that she thinks that is wrong, but prove yourself right. Then She will Realize that not all things are being used in bad way, Maybe she is Thinking that bitcoin is illegal to use. it is not actually that she doesn't want you to be in jail. but she is just showing her concern to you. Not all bitcoin are use for legal ways, there are also illegal. crypto world is so broad/wide to understand.
sandy14350

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:44:58 AM

My parent , especially my mom , she always tell me to stop doing bitcoin otherwise i will go to jail or doing bad things to social ! I don't get it ! Old generation seem very lack of experience in Bitcoin ! Why they keep telling us to stop when they even don't know how to check a simple email on ebay ! How to explain them guys ? 

hahah.. this happened to me before.. but my mom being a bit educated.. i explained her everything ... from bitcoins, alts to block chain technology.. then she finally agreed and invested a large chunk of her savings in crypto and also enjoying the profits from them and even spreading the knowledge she knows to our relatives too Grin Grin Grin
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:52:06 AM

Just explain to them every detail in bitcoin and tell them that you are earning from bitcoin. And tell her that you are not doing anything illegal. Our parents are over protective to their children.

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:31:57 AM

I also experienced this early this year. My dad talked about how his friend's son was making money from bitcoin. My dad told me he believed the young man must be an online scammer. Unknown to him, his own son  Grin was making some small cash from bitcoin. In my response, I tried to explain to him how bitcoin is a digital currency and the whole package but I ended up increasing his convictions about bitcoin.

Maybe I am not a good teacher who knows!
superjeyy

Merit: 147

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:00:02 AM

Parents can be very protective and due to the generation gap, they may have a lot of trust issues when it comes to the things that can be done online. They can be very old fashioned and may not believe how things can be easily achieved with the use of the internet which is why making money online is something they don't agree with for they believe in true physical labor. Maybe just tell them how advanced and innovative things have gotten or better yet show them. A proof of how much you earn may make them believe that Bitcoin is true and reliable.
Jaydeepjani

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:05:02 AM

Parents disagree because particularly they don't want their children to get into money matters at a very small age and so that they can concentrate on their studies and activities for now
ChaosCauser

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:07:25 AM

You don't really have to explain to your parents what Bitcoins are honestly, just do your own thing, it's not illegal Smiley
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:36:02 AM

A large percentage of parent is not in agreement with making money online not even talking about bitcoin. I do not even waste my time to explain it to my parents  because They believe in professionalism and not just making money.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:09:23 AM

I think some parents disagree with making money online or in bitcoin was due to priorities that they want their children to have. For students who tend to do these, maybe they are thinking that doing this would consume some of the time you have, that instead of spending it in studies, you must make some online things to make sure you earn money. Maybe another reason why they tend to disagree with it was due to stability of the online world. some where thinking that working thru this is unstable and might not give you enough of what you need. I guess the best way to persuade them is to give them time and try to prove to them the worth of online business nowadays once you had given the chance
dExplorer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:15:00 AM

Parents are just parents who tends to protect you and maybe if you are going to school, then she just wants you to focus on your subjects its for your future too and not with bitcoin if you are still young
e_rein

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:29:45 AM

I think it's quite understandable why a lot of parents especially from the older generation, are against the idea of making money through the non-conventional ways. Because going with the safest way would always be the wiser choice (ex : working 9 to 5) with very little risk involved.

we should not blame older generation for not being able to perceive our idea of finding money or their inability to understand fully about cryptocurrency, instead just try to be subtle and do not create that much of a fuss as long as you know what you are doing. At the end of the day, the responsibility is all on us.

A N K O R U S  : Blockchain Asset-Backed Tokens
BE PART OF THE ICO : REGISTER NOW! (http://ankorus.org)
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:13:49 AM

it's hard to explain how best to explain about Bitcoin to ordinary people, like my experience , maybe you can try by explaining what technology is and how it's progressing ..
Our elders find all the technology related talks difficult. Most of the times, they become afraid of it and do not even try to learn by their own or with anyone's help. Bitcoin technology is a complicated one and totally different from conventional money.

You need to take care of your credentials and it is really easy to be tricked on internet. People do lose money in scams. Above all, arresting scammers is also a difficult task.
RayvenPierre

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:09:34 AM

Parents especially elder people are untrustful and having a hard time understanding technology. You're gonna be needing to be really patient and explain things to them in a pace that they will be able to follow. This had worked really effectively with my mom and she is very supportive of me using bitcoin now.

Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:18:18 AM

There are a few reasons.

Your parents are trying to protect you. That said, the older generation are not as well versed in modern ways as we are. To a flaw, your parents will always think they know better, and while most of the time this is true, they do not see the times when they do not.

Imagine a 10 year old coming to you, and explaining that you should put all your money into sand because that's the new big thing. It's understandable to be weary of something you don't know, and try protect your loved ones

Try explain it in a way they can understand and show proof, logic and risk vs reward in numbers.

Yeah and additionally, they're just protecting you from any cybercrimes that could make your life risky. The fact that they knew that you're making money, it makes it questionable for them how you could earn that money and start asking themselves if it is legal and real one. It makes them think that how in the world can you earn money in just sitting and typing at thw screen while they're spending their time working and traveling to their company just to earn

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:24:24 AM

My parent , especially my mom , she always tell me to stop doing bitcoin otherwise i will go to jail or doing bad things to social ! I don't get it ! Old generation seem very lack of experience in Bitcoin ! Why they keep telling us to stop when they even don't know how to check a simple email on ebay ! How to explain them guys ? 
My parents do not forbid me to make money on the Internet and Bitcoin. But as long as I do not make money on things that are not true like Gambling. With your experience try to explain your parents that Bitcoin not a bad thing, Bitcoin is just an ordinary currency used on the internet can be used to buy something online.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

That is what my mother told me before when she did not know that bitcoin is totally legal and that it was accepted here in my country.  Just patiently explaining to them that you are not doing anything bad.  You may show them articles that proving bitcoin is a legit and that there are sites and bank that supports bitcoin.  The best thing is if you showed them what you earned and that they see to it that it was converted to cash.  Then you bought something through it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print