Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why compare BTC to USD?  (Read 3037 times)
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

I think why many people compare bitcoin and dollar. After I read many articles about bitcoin as money. So they always compare bitcoin and dollar. Where the current USD as a prima donna international money. Cool
christina30

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:20:38 PM

I think it because we need to know what is the real price of bitcoin. Because for me you cant unidentify how much bitcoin and when to sell it or buy if dont know the real price.. but for me i use php to compare bitcoin for accurate price. Because thats our currency in the philippines
viarathel

Activity: 243
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:19:36 PM

yes it is true that bitcoin use dollar to release to bitcoin price I think because USD is not foreign to the people in the world yes and almost every online payment is using the USD because globally the international market is using the USD
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:52:50 PM

not all bitcoin prices are denoted by the dollar, in my opinion depending on the exchange, now many excange that offer bictoin with currency other than dollar
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:59:23 PM

yes it is true that bitcoin use dollar to release to bitcoin price I think because USD is not foreign to the people in the world yes and almost every online payment is using the USD because globally the international market is using the USD

And most of the currencies out there are backed by USD. That is where the popularity of US dollar comes from. And as you said the international market is using it as the basis for convertions
bitterguy28

Activity: 2044
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:59:53 PM

why compare bitcoin to usd? is simple and easy to understand logic, bitcoin as decentralized currency their price  based to united state dollar becase us dollar is the world based used currency in the whole world. and bitcoin use the dollar exchange rate to use of the bitcoin user want to convert their bitcoin into fiat money.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:04:11 PM

When people talk about Bitcoin price, they usually refer to its price expressed in dollars. I really don't understand why...

US Dollar is going down in price, US economy is collapsing. There are many other countries which has more Bitcoin users, like Russia, China, Japan, Philippines and the whole Eurozone. Even ICOs are forbidden in the USA. It's not a so Bitcoin-friendly country, its national currency is not so strong. So why price Bitcoin in $?

There could be many other more appropriate currencies like EUR, CNY or RUB...

Unfortunately it is still necessary to have a benchmark to give a relative value to bitcoin that makes it "acceptable" in the real economy. And the frame of reference that the "real economy" has used for quite some time is the dollar, since the United States is the economic power of recent years despite its obvious decline. Trying to displace the dollar with other fiat currencies would not really mean an important difference, since the majority of the currencies that you propose also have as main reference the American dollar for their exchange in the international markets.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:10:13 PM

When people talk about Bitcoin price, they usually refer to its price expressed in dollars. I really don't understand why...

US Dollar is going down in price, US economy is collapsing. There are many other countries which has more Bitcoin users, like Russia, China, Japan, Philippines and the whole Eurozone. Even ICOs are forbidden in the USA. It's not a so Bitcoin-friendly country, its national currency is not so strong. So why price Bitcoin in $?

There could be many other more appropriate currencies like EUR, CNY or RUB...
It is not really a matter of comparison to USD but it is just how the exhanges work. Exchanges even in paper fiat always has USD as their base exchange, same thing as in cryptocurrency, USD is an acceptable currency recognized worldwide. Though cryptocurrency are banned in that country, it does not matter because it is the exchange platform which is utilized.

Alexis77600

Activity: 98

Innovation Powered by Crypto

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

the Usd is the most used currencies around the world and the most stable on most platforms there is only the usdt to trade .That's why it's in relation with the btc it's like bitcoin in the crypto it's a reference currencies to buy the btc it's almost obligatory to pass by USD

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:36:38 PM

The dollar is the most widely spread around the world. The euro and another coin does not have as much liquidity as the dollar. Therefore, the dollar is usually compared with the crypto currency. I think that over time the number of pairs of exchange of crypto currency for fiat will only increase. Crypto currency is just developing and infrastructure for its maintenance as well.
bgator76

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:47:18 PM

For the foreseeable future, I get paid in USD and I pay my mortgage and my grocery bills in USD.  I imagine in 10 years or so, that will probably no longer be the case.
fredemar12

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:46:54 PM

This is just for comparison. Prices for everything in this world equate to one currency, so that it was more understandable. And so it is accepted that this is USD
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:56:18 PM

US dollars is the most widely-known and most stable fiat in the world. Bitcoin is the same in a digital market. This is the reason why they are always compared.
bouliboulop

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:57:32 PM

Do you think that it is better to compare BTC to USD or to EUR? Thank you.
LudiAAA1

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:04:18 PM

USD is the most stable fiat currency and so it can be defined in terms of USD.
Axecelzon081218

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:54:31 PM

I’m just starting to get into trading and it seems that it would be easier to trade against USD since it’s stable while Bitcoin is volatile. If you’re trading against Bitcoin you’d have to consider the behavior of both the Alt Coin and the Bitcoin which might get complicated.
Cath0Vic

Activity: 58

Dynatiq ICO BONUS 50%!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 11:12:26 AM

People of every country knows their currency value in respect of USD.  So if bitcoin value is expressed in terms of USD anybody can easily understand

▰▰▰▰▰ DYNATIQ ▰▰▰▰▰
 DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN BASED  MARKETPLACE FOR DOMAINS AND WEBSITES
●●● https://dynatiq.com/ ●●●
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:15:52 PM

Usd is the standard unit of currency in the international trade it isn't that hard to exchange it to your local money exchanger. Anything that has a value is being priced by USD because it is the international currency thats being used worldwide. The crash on USD value doesn't affect the bitcoins value.

PricelessBing

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:13:15 AM

For example why everyone wants to study in USA? Every developing country people knows of USA only when they are mentioned of any foreign places.
StuartBTCETH

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:10:50 AM

US dollar is the most traded currency even above yen. so naturally it is given the top priority Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: