Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin cash a threat for bitcoin  (Read 1424 times)
Gouverne (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:10:25 AM

Hello,

Since the fork we have a new coin very similar to bitcoin , do you think it is a threat to bitcoin?
Now I have those bitcoin cash and i don't know what to do with them.

I don't have the technic gear to choose between both, and I feel bitcoin cash is taking bitcoin down am I right? It's taking a part of its market capitalization.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:18:05 AM

Hello,

Since the fork we have a new coin very similar to bitcoin , do you think it is a threat to bitcoin?

I don't have the technic gear to choose between both, and I feel bitcoin cash is taking bitcoin down am I right? It's taking a part of its market capitalization.

This topic has been discussed so many times, first of all its not even similar it's an alt, it's just stolen Bitcoin name and there is nothing else in it. I don't find it strong enough to take down Bitcoins, it will fade away very soon, i dont know about the prices but if you are getting a good price just sell it off, I don't think it's worth to keep it.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:22:47 AM

Hello,

Bitcoin Cash is just taking advantage of name of bitcoin and even though i currently see it as a threat now, the status quo is going to eventually change when miners find that its no longer profitable and when that happens, they are going to eventually abandon it.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:23:57 AM

Hello,

I don't think that Bitcoin Cash will be able to take down bitcoin. You can see it by how the people treat this alternative coin. Even it takes a lot of years, Bitcoin Cash will just be under many other altcoins and not even under Bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:41:11 AM

i don't think it is exactly a "threat" to bitcoin but bitcoin cash is and will continue to be the source of a lot of issues for bitcoin for a long time to come. we saw one effect of it recently with what they did with the miners and how they gave up mining bitcoin for a short time and caused a part of this huge back log of unconfirmed transactions.

Buying the dip...
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:50:50 AM

i don't think it is exactly a "threat" to bitcoin but bitcoin cash is and will continue to be the source of a lot of issues for bitcoin for a long time to come. we saw one effect of it recently with what they did with the miners and how they gave up mining bitcoin for a short time and caused a part of this huge back log of unconfirmed transactions.

Well this is a given since they are aiming for the miners. They made their "original" bitcoin based on Satoshi's and make it easier to mine making miners attracted to it. I guess they are really desperate to make their "Bitcoin" original though it won't happen. Many more issues will come relating this alt coin but I don't think it will interfere people to use bitcoin.
anon4250158

Activity: 266
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:54:06 AM

It's just another altcoin.  An expensive one, sure, but just an altcoin.  It was a welcome altcoin for those who had significant amount of BTC when they took the snapshot to create BCH 1:1.  Free money is always awesome.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:56:11 AM

Hello,

I dont think that bitcoin cash is taking bitcoin core down, i think that bitcoin cash can be the future of bitcoin core, and maybe we need to invest on them
If you have some bitcoin cash i can recommend to wait a little time, because the price can grow up, and after that you can sell it for a good price
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:58:57 AM

As far as I know it is quite like Bitcoin, it just has a simple increase in block size that Bitcoin will have in 3 months just not that big of a increase.

I doubt that Bitcoin Cash will be a threat to Bitcoin, not to mention that they can also coexist as well, because Bitcoin already has a bigger support and if they won't to take it away, they will need to improve something. Since the support is also by developers, that makes it unlikely. Bitcoin already has segwit activated so it is kind of technologically more developed.

There is simply more improvement done on Bitcoin, which makes it more popular, which makes it get even more improvement. It is hard to take over the first spot, the new coin will have to be a lot better to do so.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:04:34 AM

Granted bitcoin cash started as an attack on bitcoin, and also seeing that how all these shills of bitcoin cash are constantly attacking bitcoin on this forum with all their FUD, and on top of all that as we can see Antpool is pulling weird stuff these days with the blocks they mine and all the other things... i can say yeah bitcoin cash IS a threat for bitcoin.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

Hello,

This topic has been discussed so many times, first of all its not even similar it's an alt, it's just stolen Bitcoin name and there is nothing else in it. I don't find it strong enough to take down Bitcoins, it will fade away very soon, i dont know about the prices but if you are getting a good price just sell it off, I don't think it's worth to keep it.

Come on now. What do you mean "it's not similar"? It's a fork of bitcoin so it uses a past version of bitcoin's code. How the hell is it "not even similar"? Also, it's actually disrupting bitcoin(BTC) in a way, as miners are moving back and forth between Bitcoin(BTC) and Bitcoin Cash(BCC/BCH), slowing down the blocks that are being mined on BTC's side. I'm personally neutral in the scaling debate, but like it or not, these are facts.

Please do your research before speaking, for the sake of our readers here. Thank you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Captimiz

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:06:51 AM

Hello,

I wouldn't say so, thier market volume is nowhere near as large as that of bitcoins and its not rising as fast as some of the other altcoins. I think it could work alongside bitcoins, but I don't think its a threat to bitcoins itself. Not to mention that bitcoins are simply more well known.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:07:24 AM

BitcoinCash will live under the rock as every other altcoin is living right now. I think this has been discussed widely and we all know that no altcoin can be a threat to Bitcoin's popularity and adaptation.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:51:59 PM

As far as I know it is quite like Bitcoin, it just has a simple increase in block size that Bitcoin will have in 3 months just not that big of a increase.

I doubt that Bitcoin Cash will be a threat to Bitcoin, not to mention that they can also coexist as well, because Bitcoin already has a bigger support and if they won't to take it away, they will need to improve something. Since the support is also by developers, that makes it unlikely. Bitcoin already has segwit activated so it is kind of technologically more developed.

There is simply more improvement done on Bitcoin, which makes it more popular, which makes it get even more improvement. It is hard to take over the first spot, the new coin will have to be a lot better to do so.

Did you just copy part of my reply? Cheesy Glad to see that you agree, but a simple "Yes, I agree" would do it, but ok.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:02:37 PM

Granted bitcoin cash started as an attack on bitcoin, and also seeing that how all these shills of bitcoin cash are constantly attacking bitcoin on this forum with all their FUD, and on top of all that as we can see Antpool is pulling weird stuff these days with the blocks they mine and all the other things... i can say yeah bitcoin cash IS a threat for bitcoin.

The real reason it's a threat is because it is a sha-256 coin. Whereas most alts are scrypt coins or POS coins.

There was no way ASIC miners could switch to mining say litecoin or ethereum. But it's easy for them to switch to mining bitcoincash.

Bitcoincash can cope with the swings in difficulty and the way the blocks go from long intervals between them to short ones, because the big blocks mean they eat up the mempool very quickly. Bitcoin hasn't got that ability.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:34:56 PM

Hello,

Dont hesitate just stick on the things you do when bch isnt still there yet and thats the thing im doing right now. Bch is good for making money but regarding on long term usage and investment i would always go for bitcoin and no one could really able to beat the original bitcoin even on its clone.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:00:30 PM

It's never going to be a threat. It is definitely beginning to be a nuisance. A lot of miners switched to BCC so transactions in BTC got slower. A lot of people neglected and just dumped their BCC. Without any substantial support, BCC will not be a threat to BTC and will remain a regular altcoin.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:02:38 PM

Both are POW so this depends on miners. If miners switch to BCC then yes this will be a threat for bitcoin.
Miners will switch to bcc when its more profitable. so all depends on markets ask-demand ratio for both.
theSC4RE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:12:31 PM

Hello,

Yep, since Bitcoin Cash was born , the old bitcoin (Called Segwitcoin)

Unconfirmed Transactions for Segwitcoin have increased driving up fees and causing slower transfers.

Eventually it will reach the point that enough miners move to Bitcoin Cash that old segwitcoin dies from what is known as a death spiral (Frozen Blockchain).

Evolution at work , Bitcoin Cash is technically superior and the inferior segwitcoin will fall before it, as the miners follow profit.

Survival of the more advanced code.

╥Aztek

I agree with this guy
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:54:06 PM

Hello,

Is it?

Bitcoin is growing no matter what since the inception of Bitcoin Cash. Demand is still too high. There is indeed and increase transaction fees and time. But in spite of that it is continuously in uptrend. There might be the shift of miners to Bitcoin cash recently but that would stay until the difficulty increase. Bitcoin Cash has its own market quite independent of Bitcoin. Till now it is striving on pumps. It is still quite early to comment on its future. But Bitcoin is something that wouldn't have any effect from any altcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: