Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango & convenient ways to buy BTC from Europe  (Read 765 times)
woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 10:02:59 PM

Hey,

Has anyone much experience with Intersango? I used them back when they were Britcoin.co.uk and purchased my first 30 BTC with them (when the price was $3 Tongue). Lately though I have been having a lot of trouble getting my BTC out of my account there. When I submit a withdrawal request it seems to just hang of freeze most of the time. I cancelled and re-submitted some and that seemed to then work, but I can't get the last few BTC out.

This is especially frustrating since I wish to purchase more and they are much more convenient for me than MtGox[/url[ or [url=https://btc-e.com/]BTC-E where you have to jump through sometimes a whole chain of payment providers (eg. Perfect Money and XMLgold), but I don't want to put more BTC in my Intersango account if I can't get them out! :/

I have had an open support ticket with them for a few days now but no response. They did respond to one last week about it though.

Kate.

PS. Their EUR/BTC exchange rate is generally ~5% above BTC-E's as well so they are not even that good on that front, but convenience is worth something!

Edit: Just after writing the above the transaction finally cleared, lol! I'd still be interested in others' views though, especially European folks who have found a good, reliable, convenient way to transfer sums in the €'000s to BTC exchanges (preferably directly without the hoop-jumping of BTC-E & co)

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omgitsmehehe

Activity: 580
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:49:59 AM

Dump Intersango. Use bitstamp.net.

woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:27:49 AM

Dump Intersango. Use bitstamp.net.

Thanks for the suggestion. Have signed up and they look really good compared to Intersango!

Kate.

oblongmeteor

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

You might want to visit http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUk - some UK user reviews on bitcoinfridge.co.uk, localbitcoins.com, bitbargin.co.uk and speedybitcoin.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: