Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:11:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mattew N. Wright still passing off a scam in the past as just a "prank"  (Read 3329 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:36:31 PM

If you accept the fact that people trusted in him, regardless of his underlaying intent and he failed to follow through with what he said he would do then I completely agree, untrustworthy is an appropriate tag

The problem with a general "untrustworthy" tag is that it's highly subjective. There are many who trust me immensely, and for good reason (it benefits them to do so). They may not trust me for making public bets with millions of dollars I don't have, but people trust me with funds, business decisions and management on a daily basis. If the tag were "untrustworthy with public bets" (aka deadbeat) then it might even be more appropriate, except then it wouldn't make sense when I have settled with the last better. The way I see it, this topic is something to be discussed *after* I've finished settling with everyone. At that point, I highly doubt even Theymos himself could sufficiently argue a need for any tag.

Prank or not, scam or not, he has made great progress resolving the issue - whatever you choose to call it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140654.msg1497432#msg1497432

In the long run that is all that really matters.  People make mistakes, they pay for their mistakes, they learn and grow - I know I have.

I hadn't seen this thread before. Apologies if my previous post came off as condemning you (it really wasn't meant to).

I remember the first time I came across your posts from when I first joined. They were so raw with youth and people wouldn't give you a chance.

I left the forums for about a year and came back to the whole Pirate debacle.

I imagine there's been plenty of time for personal growth since those early posts and it's humbling to see you're still working hard to build a community and that you're doing your best to correct a mistake.

All the best Smiley

I appreciate that. Something people may not know is how badly it hurt seeing my own friends (people like Erik Voorhees) turn against me publicly. It was a real turning point for me when my own friends couldn't handle my behavior. It forced me to look at myself and whom I was really hurting.

Although I appreciate the hypothesis presented for consideration, I know what I am and what I am not. I can most certainly live with a few people in the world thinking poorly of me on a forum for my past mistakes and even the occasional dramatic accusation. The way I see it, all I need to do is make sure in the future I don't let myself into situations against where such accusations can ever be considered "founded" and I suppose I'll be fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abbyd

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:32:38 AM

GTFO TLDR; all this legal mumbo-jumbo and whining

hon·or [on-er]
noun

1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs, actions, and words
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:50:06 AM

GTFO TLDR; all this legal mumbo-jumbo and whining

hon·or [on-er]
noun

1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs, actions, and words

Ask Theymos for a "dishonorable" tag.

Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:30:03 PM

You have no integrity, and you demonstrate that post after post. You are NOT TO BE TRUSTED, and this is clear to everybody in these forums.

I would agree were it not for this thread:

This looks like repentance to me.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:34:36 PM

Disclaimer : I did not have a wager with MNW.

MNW set up a wagering scheme last year.  This scheme was set up in such a way where it was impossible for him to lose and impossible for anyone else to win.  He took in wagers knowing that there was the escape clause of calling the wager a "joke" or a "lesson" or whatever if he lost.  There was many opportunities for him to stop the wager and come clean - he didn't.   

If the wager went in his favor, do you think the outcome of calling it a "prank" would have occurred?  In my mind, absolutely not. 

If MNW started another wager now, would anyone on this board bet against him?  You'd have to be an idiot to do so. 

A wager is a trust and a contract.  In some places, welching on a bet may cost you your life.  In my opinion, if you had pulled this stunt anywhere else besides an Internet forum, I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder until those "prank wagers" were paid off.  You should consider yourself lucky. 

"Untrustworthy" is more than fitting.  A lot of people had trust in you by making a wager with you.  Unless every person that had a wager with you was compensated, I'd say let the title stick. 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
kibblesnbits

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:41:50 PM

You have no integrity, and you demonstrate that post after post. You are NOT TO BE TRUSTED, and this is clear to everybody in these forums.

I would agree were it not for this thread:

This looks like repentance to me.

Reading this, he seems to be on the right track.  When all of the wagering parties have been compensated (except a reasonable time period for "no response" individuals), let him make the case for the title removal.

ASICMINERTUBE

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:52:27 PM

Disclaimer : I did not have a wager with MNW.

MNW set up a wagering scheme last year.  This scheme was set up in such a way where it was impossible for him to lose and impossible for anyone else to win.  He took in wagers knowing that there was the escape clause of calling the wager a "joke" or a "lesson" or whatever if he lost.  There was many opportunities for him to stop the wager and come clean - he didn't.   
It wasn't really setup in such way, it went more like this:

If the wager went in his favor, do you think the outcome of calling it a "prank" would have occurred?  In my mind, absolutely not. 
I agree.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:32:07 AM

Reneging on a bet is 100% a scam, if you fail to see this then not only are you a scammer, but an idiot as well.

Your "prank" pumped up the value of bad pirate debt as people sought to hedge against your bet, guaranteeing a win no matter the outcome (the mere possibility of this shows how outrageous the bet was though... but people get blinded by greed)

I wanted to bet against you and even posted in the thread but you refused to escrow so I chose not to...

But many people did bet against you.

You caused people to buy bad pirate debt (and lose all that money) as they hedged against your bet!!!

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:47:24 AM

Reneging on a bet is 100% a scam
After the bet ended and I took a leave of absence I had some time to think over the matter and came to the same conclusion, hence my return to make things right. (In that if I believe that reneging on even the most ridiculous bets makes me a scammer, then I cannot let that happen now can I).

Your "prank" pumped up the value of bad pirate debt
Lack of foresight on my part. The network effect was something I hadn't really planned on and adds to the immaturity of the bet in the first place. I've learned a valuable lesson about bothering with people and their money and would prefer to stay out of it in the future. That said, it is not my "fault" people were greedy. It is merely my fault for misrepresenting and assuming people would get the joke and instead not be offended. It just shows you how detached from the reality of the situation I was at the time.

You caused people

I didn't cause anyone to do anything. They all made their own choices. That said, I feel *bad* about their choices and have thus decided to settle with people, despite the fact that many of them are scammers who would not have paid if they lost. This point keeps getting brushed over in an attempt to paint me as some kind of a scammer, but people have already publicly and privately admitted that they had no intention of paying if they lost as they knew the bet was a giant troll. I still stood for my principles and began to pay people despite that. Write that one in your history books. I already have and I consider it to be nothing more than a stupid tax.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:03:44 AM

This is my personal perspective because I entered into about a 1500 BTC bet with him which Matthew backed out of.

He is currently supposed to be repaying me based on our agreed terms from Feb of this year. I have not been paid yet nor have I heard from Matthew about it recently.

Anyways back to my perspective on the "bet" or "prank". The "prank" in my view was a scam. It was a blatant lie which gave Matthew an unfair advantage concerning buying/selling pirate debt.

Calling an agreement that you back out of a "prank" is like saying that BFL is now backing out of their 1000 BTC bet (given they had malicious intentions in stating they would meet their said specs and did not) and then for them to call their bet a "prank".

Matthew, call it what you want, but I call it a scam.

Still waiting for some sort of update on our agree terms to settle our bet under the new terms agreed to in PM.

Anytime you wanna update me would be appreciated.

Thanks  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:34:34 AM

Thanks for sharing your opinion smoothie. I'm not sure if I can call it a "wrong" opinion just because I hadn't realized or acted on any supposed benefits, but I admit that once I heard the speculative arguments from some intelligent community members I knew what kind of mistake I made and that it wouldn't be easy to forget about and move on. As for your own bet, you're on a long list of people I haven't neglected contacting, and the second your turn is up you'll get a super happy message from me.  Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

Thanks for sharing your opinion smoothie. I'm not sure if I can call it a "wrong" opinion just because I hadn't realized or acted on any supposed benefits, but I admit that once I heard the speculative arguments from some intelligent community members I knew what kind of mistake I made and that it wouldn't be easy to forget about and move on. As for your own bet, you're on a long list of people I haven't neglected contacting, and the second your turn is up you'll get a super happy message from me.  Smiley

I will be waiting.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

kibblesnbits

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:00:59 AM

I will be waiting.

Please let us know the outcome.  Thanks, smoothie.

ASICMINERTUBE

kibblesnbits

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:25:43 AM

Don't think pirate will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Pirate is a scam/ponzi, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 250+ post users will be allowed to participate, unless they participate through an escrow who will hold their coins. This is up to them to find the escrow although many posters in this thread have agreed to act as such.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum default bet for normal users is currently 1000BTC per person. If you would like to wager more, please PM so that I may do a more extensive verification of identity and holdings. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Although I think pirate is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of transparency on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM

Thank you and good luck!

I reserve the right to lock this thread and stop accepting additional bets at any time. All existing bets in the thread will still be honored regardless.

Bold and italic is my emphasis.  How this guy isn't banned is beyond me.  The community is asking for it.

ASICMINERTUBE

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:38:52 AM

How this guy isn't banned is beyond me.  The community is asking for it.

You contradicted yourself there. The community *was* asking for it, and they got it (albeit not a smart thing to do). The level of scams and trust to strangers at that time in the forum was insane. The stunt that I pulled was to show that no matter who you trust, an escrowless bet with an internet stranger is the epitomy of stupid. I went out of my way to make it painfully clear to everyone that "I cannot tell a lie", and other textbook scammer claims, and people still went on blind faith. I even raised the maximum bets allowed to give the same people a chance and it backfired because they only took it more seriously. What I did was stupid, the *wrong* way to "teach a lesson" (which TradeFortress is now learning as well) and I regret having gone down that path.

As for being banned, I've been banned many times, for many reasons, never created a sock puppet account to subvert the ban and always took it seriously as a reflection of myself, corrected myself, and came back to work harder, troll less, and do more "good". My intention is to have a net positive effect on the community and to get these ideas out of my head and working before I die. If my childish games have taught me a lesson to be more serious, and I understand what is expected of me, why would you attempt to rob me of the chance to make up for my mistakes by banning and ignoring? Have you never made a mistake? Do you not believe in reform? Do you think anyone who has been to jail before should be forced to stay there forever? Do you not realize that sometimes people's biggest mistakes are the defining point in their life before they go on to do great things? How about instead of mocking the person I was, you inquire as to the person I strive to be? Or, you and a few others on this forum could just post your life history as I have always done openly and let's see what petty, superficial criticisms we can come up with to make blanket judgements on your character. Smiley

I'm not the same person I was when I posted that bet. I was completely disconnected from reality. Thanks everyone here who has had their share of mistakes for cluing me into the real world, and to everyone else who wastes a breath trying to slow me down, I'll be happy to drive you crazy by simply continuing on a path of learning and experience. Enjoy the show I guess.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:38:23 AM

I will be waiting.

Please let us know the outcome.  Thanks, smoothie.

Will do.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:43:52 AM

How this guy isn't banned is beyond me.  The community is asking for it.

You contradicted yourself there. The community *was* asking for it, and they got it (albeit not a smart thing to do). The level of scams and trust to strangers at that time in the forum was insane. The stunt that I pulled was to show that no matter who you trust, an escrowless bet with an internet stranger is the epitomy of stupid. I went out of my way to make it painfully clear to everyone that "I cannot tell a lie", and other textbook scammer claims, and people still went on blind faith. I even raised the maximum bets allowed to give the same people a chance and it backfired because they only took it more seriously. What I did was stupid, the *wrong* way to "teach a lesson" (which TradeFortress is now learning as well) and I regret having gone down that path.

As for being banned, I've been banned many times, for many reasons, never created a sock puppet account to subvert the ban and always took it seriously as a reflection of myself, corrected myself, and came back to work harder, troll less, and do more "good". My intention is to have a net positive effect on the community and to get these ideas out of my head and working before I die. If my childish games have taught me a lesson to be more serious, and I understand what is expected of me, why would you attempt to rob me of the chance to make up for my mistakes by banning and ignoring? Have you never made a mistake? Do you not believe in reform? Do you think anyone who has been to jail before should be forced to stay there forever? Do you not realize that sometimes people's biggest mistakes are the defining point in their life before they go on to do great things? How about instead of mocking the person I was, you inquire as to the person I strive to be? Or, you and a few others on this forum could just post your life history as I have always done openly and let's see what petty, superficial criticisms we can come up with to make blanket judgements on your character. Smiley

I'm not the same person I was when I posted that bet. I was completely disconnected from reality. Thanks everyone here who has had their share of mistakes for cluing me into the real world, and to everyone else who wastes a breath trying to slow me down, I'll be happy to drive you crazy by simply continuing on a path of learning and experience. Enjoy the show I guess.

What is beyond me is how you can still say that your bet was a "prank" to "show people a lesson about escrow". That point should be enough for you to keep indefinitely your scammer tag.

Why? Because it's BS. You thought Pirate was legit, and in fact you said many times that "he may be doing something we do not understand, but I think he is legit", I remember that. Thus, you really thought that Pirate was not a ponzi (you said it in many posts), so there's no way you were going "to teach the community a lesson", because you really thought you had chances to win that bet. If you wished to "teach a lesson", you would have created a bet that you had no chances to win (and with a complete different wording and terms), and this is not the case at all.

Your post history proves that you really thought Trendon was legit, so you are either lying to yourself to maintain the delusion that you are smarter than everybody else, or you are just laughing at us all. Honestly, I think it's the first option, which is a pity, because the real step forward for you would be to admit your real mistake: you thought you would have made big money because you thought you were much smarter than everybody else, but when you realized you were going to lose you just decided to chicken out because you did not want to spend the rest of your life paying people what you owe them.

Saying over and over yours was just a "prank" to "teach a lesson" just proves you are not really sorry about what you did, and that you are avoiding to really face the gravity of your default (because it was so obvious it was a prank... Right?).

That's what makes me mad at you, not the fact that you defaulted, but that you are looking for shortcuts to avoid facing the harsh truth - and doing that in front of yourself is more important than doing it in front of the community.

Until you don't do that, for me you will still be an untrustworthy, mentally unbalanced child.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:16:30 AM

You thought Pirate was legit
I have neither believed he was legit nor non-legit, only that people were so quick to judge (just like you) what they didn't research or understand themselves. It doesn't matter what I *posted* at that time, because most of it was posted to draw out logical fallacies, discussion or to piss off trolls who already had grudges against me (people like you right now). I naively thought my stunt would somehow have an impact to stop the blind trust in this community, at the same time I was honestly enjoying myself bothering people like you who think they have me "figurered out". Yea, it was pretty dumb and I was definitely detached from reality on it. As some others posters have already said elsewhere, "he only taught himself a lesson". People are still falling for total bullshit here on a daily basis, so overall it was just a waste of reputation and a pretty immature thing to do.

Thus, you really thought that Pirate was not a ponzi
I still have no evidence he was a ponzi, just common sense and speculation that he was one. I still have no evidence Zhou Tong stole money from Bitcoinica, just common sense and speculation. What I've learned from all this is that you shouldn't interrupt the mob mentality unless you have *evidence* against them, not just opinion. It was very entertaining to screw with the mob, push them on, etc, but I honestly was so disconnected that I wasn't realizing the gravity of the situation (e.g. they weren't just trolls, they were people afraid of losing their money)

you really thought you had chances to win that bet
There's always a chance I could have won the bet, but that wouldn't have told anyone if Pirate was a ponzi or not, it could have simply meant his con was intended to be even longer and pull in more suckers. It has already been argued that he could have used my bet to instill *more* trust for his scam (which is not what I had intended and felt horrible after making that connection myself). What I would have done with funds if I had won is obvious. I am here to build, I am friends with almost every business and exchange owner in bitcoin. Do you really think I would have kept the money if I had won? Really? Why do you think I am driven by money? I waste money all the time just to get ideas out there (as you should know by now) and see if things will work, probing and poking the world around me. I want to correct my ideas and become successful on honest terms, I always have. This community is largely negative, bias and abusive though, and that has jaded my opinion quite a lot. Luckily, I have bounced back and have a new "fence" to not cross in my life.

If you wished to "teach a lesson", you would have created a bet that you had no chances to win (and with a complete different wording and terms).
You assume too much. What you mean is, if *you* had wanted to teach a lesson, *you* would have done A or B. I am not you, and I didn't understand what was going to happen. I was disconnected from reality on that one.

you are just laughing at us all.
I was laughing at you all until I realized that what I had done had collateral damage, in which case I stepped up and am making good on it like any man should. I'm not sorry for pulling a prank, I'm sorry for not realizing the damage it was causing. I threw eggs at a guy's house and broke his window basically, and you're here telling me that "You obviously knew that throwing that egg would break the window". Really? I "obviously knew"? You really don't know me very well if you think I "obviously know" things before doing them.  Wink

the real step forward for you would be to admit your real mistake
I've admitted all my mistakes regarding that bet. Your opinion and repeating the same thing over again is not going to materialize a new mistake out of thin air. If you can prove to me that I did something that I didn't realize I was doing, I'm obviously going to learn from it, but you can't argue with a person who knows themself and why they do things that they intended to hurt others. You're wasting your time.

Saying over and over yours was just a "prank" to "teach a lesson" just proves you are not really sorry about what you did
Repeating that to yourself doesn't make it true. Only I know how sorry I really am and everyone who was involved in the bet who has continued communication with me knows what's really going on in my life, mind and heart after all that mess. You're a bystander, so obviously you don't know the whole story, but you don't need to. All you need to know as a member of the community is that I'm not a danger, not a scammer, and am making good on my misguided promises of past as I grow up and take the reigns, raise the bar and look for a more mature existence.

That's what makes me mad at you
I'm not mad at you for trying to call me out on what you logically believe to be a hole, but I do have understanding that when you're drunk in the street and punch someone in the face, simply saying "I'm sorry" the next day doesn't cut it, and that you and people like you will keep me company for quite a while. I'm not afraid of that as I know myself and what my intentions in life are (hint: they're to build, not destroy).

you are looking for shortcuts to avoid facing the harsh truth
Count the threads I've started and replied to in this community regarding this issue. Count the lost businesses, contacts, relationships, trust and well, money, that I've lost doing the *right* thing. I'm pretty sure the harsh truth has been faced and you're the one avoiding it now.

Until you don't do that, for me you will still be an untrustworthy, mentally unbalanced child.
I can live with that. There are some people who think because I said a 17 year old girl is hot in her pictures (which she is), that that makes me a pedo (someone who likes toddlers), or someone who thinks because I stood up for what I thought was right that I am a "paid shill" of this or that. I can honestly live with one more anonymous, sockpuppet voice not trusting me. I'm not here for you, I'm here for me and the people who appreciate me. Not to be cliche but, "Hater's gonna hate".

Cheers

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:26:32 AM

So you are really saying that if you'd win that bet you would have declined cashing it? You would have said: this is only a prank, as nobody did escrow I just condone everybody's debt?

That's BS, and you know it.

kibblesnbits

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:26:54 AM

Saying over and over yours was just a "prank" to "teach a lesson" just proves you are not really sorry about what you did, and that you are avoiding to really face the gravity of your default (because it was so obvious it was a prank... Right?).

This.   

The community *was* asking for it, and they got it (albeit not a smart thing to do). The level of scams and trust to strangers at that time in the forum was insane.

So, an analogy would be that in order to show the level of trust of a neighborhood, you would need to break into those people's homes and steal a few things.  You would have given them back later, right?  In order to show the unwashed masses not to trust an Internet forum user, you scam them. 

And still calling it a "lesson" or a "prank" doesn't help your cause. 

ASICMINERTUBE

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: