Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin  (Read 1160 times)
Lloydimiller4 (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:17:44 AM

Any newbs out there mining DGC? It's the first altcoin of scrypt that I enjoy. It had a fair start, with no premining, and a slow inital block reward. DGC is run by a developer that actually wants to see his coin survive and not just try to make a quick buck off of it. So check it out, its neato.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:28:27 AM

Too bad it's caught up within a ridiculous frenzy of scamcoins... who would know one way or the other at this point!?

x3maniac

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:57:04 AM

at least at start there wasn't 20k coins mined i think dgc is worth looking at
SanJoes

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:58:53 AM

don't known much, maybe worth a look
Lloydimiller4 (OP)

Monero

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:42:03 PM

I have seen lots of the scam coins come out over the past few weeks, and I believe this is the least bit scammy of the bunch. Even WDC is on its last legs before being ditched forever, but DGC is turning out to be definitely a real 'alt' coin. There was absolutely no premining, which is very important to the life of a coin, and the first ~10,000 blocks had diminished returns until the difficulty was at a stable level. This meant that no one miner with 50MH scrypt hash power would have 1/10 of the coins. Looks promising to me!  Cool

Check it out if you haven't over here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.880

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Lloydimiller4 (OP)

Monero

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:30:42 AM

It seems like DGC actually has some value now!  Tongue check it out if you haven't

DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:33:09 AM

It is on an exchange and could be a nice coin to have for the future

Wink

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
boogerthe2nd

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:54:21 AM

I just hope it doesn't go the way of every other crappy junk alt coin and see its value just continue to dwindle down to nothing...
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:29:37 AM

If you're looking into DGC or some other type of coin, I recently (as in yesterday) set up a little page to show coin values and your estimated earnings with your current hash rate.
http://www.WhereToMine.com
I'd like to get opinions on it too.
Hope it helps! Thanks!

wheatrich

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:48:23 AM

I think coinchoose and dustcoin.com/mining are better sites than yours.  I like the auto sort a lot on coinchoose and it's just better formatted (and both sites auto puts the highest at the top instead of annoyingly having to click)  I don't like the arrows and a few other things from a visual perspective (both those sites definitely have you beat at least on chrome there)

That said you're putting in more alt coins quicker than they are.

as for this coin, yeah you can't buy or do much with this and worldcoin but they're significantly better coins right now than ltc/btc/etc etc.  If people actually start using this stuff one of these new ones will be the facebook to the bitcoin myspace.  Unfortunately, 99% of the coins were from the pump and dump people just looking for the best way to make the $ quickly. and that always drops the price early.
which one will win in the end(hint it's not litecoin and I really don't think it's bitcoin either), who f'ing knows tho.

It looks like a couple of these coins need to team up resources.  Everyone has something these coins can do but not much else outside of developers pushing it.  It seems "what can I do with this" is the driving factor of the value of the coin.

I still have a little hope for either this and/or WDC because I think they're the best actual coin right now.  We'll see tho.  This and WDC aren't obvious "this coin will be worthless forever" like a lot of the others that simply offer no advantages to any other coin and you can't do anything with them but pump and dump.
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 01:50:05 PM

While I definitively like to see competition - I have the same coins up.  I also noticed you are updating the pricing / difficulty once per hour, which is interesting.  I update quicker, but thinking there may be value in a slower update as well (since it may filter out large moves).
veox

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:46:54 PM

The only interesting thing about this one is how it was launched. A useful experiment for CCs. Perhaps the difficulty adjustment mechanism, too. I see no other basic changes to the protocol, though.
yamer

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:55:02 PM

go digitalcoin!
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

I think coinchoose and dustcoin.com/mining are better sites than yours.  I like the auto sort a lot on coinchoose and it's just better formatted (and both sites auto puts the highest at the top instead of annoyingly having to click)  I don't like the arrows and a few other things from a visual perspective (both those sites definitely have you beat at least on chrome there)

as for this coin, yeah you can't buy or do much with this and worldcoin but they're significantly better coins right now than ltc/btc/etc etc.  If people actually start using this stuff one of these new ones will be the facebook to the bitcoin myspace.  Unfortunately, 99% of the coins were from the pump and dump people just looking for the best way to make the $ quickly. and that always drops the price early.
which one will win in the end(hint it's not litecoin and I really don't think it's bitcoin either), who f'ing knows tho.

It looks like a couple of these coins need to team up resources.  Everyone has something these coins can do but not much else outside of developers pushing it.  It seems "what can I do with this" is the driving factor of the value of the coin.

I still have a little hope for either this and/or WDC because I think they're the best actual coin right now.  We'll see tho.  This and WDC aren't obvious "this coin will be worthless forever" like a lot of the others that simply offer no advantages to any other coin and you can't do anything with them but pump and dump.

wow! Thanks for the feedback.  I just started the site the other day, so it's really in its infancy.  I'm just trying to make a good useful tool, so this really helps!  Thanks again!

sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 05:50:14 PM

wow! Thanks for the feedback.  I just started the site the other day, so it's really in its infancy.  I'm just trying to make a good useful tool, so this really helps!  Thanks again!

I PMed you a few thoughts as well that would differentiate you from being a dustcoin / coinchoose clone (just like some of these coins are mere clones) Smiley
Lloydimiller4 (OP)

Monero

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:33:46 AM

What do you think about DGC sal? I have watched most of these scrypt alt coins coming out for a couple weeks now. This coins release has been a little bit different from a normal pump and dump though. Maybe that will help with a longer term value?

Coinchoose has played a huge role in these alt coin pump and dumps as-well. I hope other alternatives for tracking coins will help to fine tune some of the market variables.

veox

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:24:53 AM

If you're looking into DGC or some other type of coin, I recently (as in yesterday) set up a little page to show coin values and your estimated earnings with your current hash rate.
http://www.WhereToMine.com
I'd like to get opinions on it too.
Hope it helps! Thanks!

BTW, I think your link for DigitalCoin should be digitalcoin.co, not digitalcoin.info.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:07:16 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 01:39:32 PM by r32godzilla

Yeah I'm into dgc too. I hope it takes off. need to get some more exchanges trading it and get the word out! Go Digital Coin! Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:41:10 AM

where is dgc trading?
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:36:39 PM

www.cryptsy.com

Get the word out and get dgc on other exchanges. Its the best of the alts. You heard it here first.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██