Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] free rig-monitor 4.0 (alpha released)  (Read 14741 times)
rodney2250 (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:11:15 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2020, 08:42:46 PM by rodney2250
Merited by heavyarms1912 (1), Kaniel-ouots (1)

rig-monitor is a free monitoring tool for rigs, pools, smart plugs and market data.

What's new in version 4.0 (alpha):

• Updated market monitor module to use update coinmarketcap.com API
  • Refactored code base to make it simpler to extend/add new miners/pools/smartplugs

Complete feature list:
  • Single executable for monitoring pools, rigs, power and market data with support for logging, tracing
  • Single, consolidated mining dashboard with drop-down menu to select pool, including mining rig metrics, environment metrics (temperature, fan, power usage), market, revenue and profitably charts, etc…
  • Ability to pool thousands of rigs and dozens of pools simultaneously
  • miner support
    • claymore single/dual-mining (tested v12)
    • cgminer (not tested)
    • Xmr-stak (tested v2.4.2)
    • sgminer (not tested)
    • SRBMiner(tested v1.9.3)
    • XMRig-proxy (not tested)
    • XMRig
    • PhoenixMiner
    • CastXmr (not tested. Miner development stoped)
    • bminer
    • EWBF (not tested. Miner development stoped)
    • Ethminer
  • pool support
    • Nanopool (all coins)
    • Ethpool, Ethermine & Flypool (all coins)
    • Mpos based pools e.g. miningpoolhub.com (all coins)
    • Nodejs-pool based pools e.g. hashvaultpro.com (all coins)
    • Fairpool
    • Suprnova pools (not tested)
    • Cryptoknight pools
    • Yiimp pools (and pools using extended API e.g. Unimining)
  • power monitoring using smartplugs
    • TP-Link HS110 v1.0 and v2.0 hardware
    • Wemo Insight
  • power management rules enable users to trigger rig reset via smart plugs or external script in case a given KPI limit is crossed
    • TP-Link HS110 v1.0 and v2.0 hardware
    • Wemo Insight
    • Revive devices
    • User-defined scripts
  • Market data monitoring
    • Coinmarketcap.com
    • whattomine.com
  • Data storage using influxDB
  • Cross-platform support
    • linux/ARM
    • linux/ARM64
    • linux/x86-64
    • macOS/x86-64
    • windows/i386
    • windows/x86-64
  • Launch remote management applications like ssh or Team Viewer from Grafana
  • Custom config file replaced with toml-based config file
  • Automatic reload of rig, pool and power management rules in case of configuration file changes, during runtime
  • Notifications via Telegram

Download and instructions here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/

If you'd like other miners/pools/APIs to be supported then please submit a feature request on github.
For support please join the telegram group https://t.me/joinchat/IuYcwBKqbGqIeXpw9sfq7Q

Buy me a beer if you find this useful
BTC: 19zCtLQgUQPgZ24bPWw4CSC6N53BusXa6A
ETH: 0x0f2d4397CecB53883411cfe75882622c312c8340
MUSICOIN: 0x9a44a57041acd5f1511bf13a663d136ddbde1fb1
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

Wow thank you and great job putting all this together! Looks clean and does the job well.

Just a bit confused with what you said here:

Beware that, if you want to monitor power consumption you'll need the HS110s. The HS100 do not support power monitoring.

Do the smart plugs do the power monitoring or not?

Also, why use the raspberry pi as a server instead of just using the cpu on one of your rigs?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:00:26 AM

Wow thank you and great job putting all this together! Looks clean and does the job well.

Beware that, if you want to monitor power consumption you'll need the HS110s. The HS100 do not support power monitoring.

Thanks.

Those are 2 different models: the HS100 supports remote power on/off, scheduling, etc... but not power consumption monitoring. For that you need the HS110, which are a bit more expensive.

Also, why use the raspberry pi as a server instead of just using the cpu on one of your rigs?

I decided to run in on a separate service for several reasons:
- I need to be able to keep monitoring the rest of the rigs during crashes and upgrades
- the raspberry will monitor rigs for "long" server freezes and reboot them automatically (this is in my TODO list)
- stability. those little things are very resilient. I have been running one for 3 years in a row without any issue

Or maybe all those reasons are bullshit and it's sys admin brain messing with me again
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 08:32:33 AM

Thanks.

Those are 2 different models: the HS100 supports remote power on/off, scheduling, etc... but not power consumption monitoring. For that you need the HS110, which are a bit more expensive.

I decided to run in on a separate service for several reasons:
- I need to be able to keep monitoring the rest of the rigs during crashes and upgrades
- the raspberry will monitor rigs for "long" server freezes and reboot them automatically (this is in my TODO list)
- stability. those little things are very resilient. I have been running one for 3 years in a row without any issue

Or maybe all those reasons are bullshit and it's sys admin brain messing with me again

Awesome. That clears things up, i may have been sleepy when i wrote my post. Makes sense to have the RPI because all 3 rigs may go down at the same time. Again, great job! Thank you for the tutorial. I may do this when i get the time to do so.

Wink

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:02:13 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 06:39:31 PM by rodney2250

UPDATE:
Added support for Ethermine pool monitoring. Check version 1.1 https://github.com/rodneymo/rig-monitor
Current version supports currentStats and payouts APIs.
Upgrade instructions are here: http://randomcryptostuff.blogspot.nl/2017/09/update-ethermine-pool-monitoring-added.html

If you'd like other pools to be supported then please create issue
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:25:33 AM

version v1.2 released.

SUPPORT FOR (CLAYMORE) DUAL MINING, COINMARKETCAP, ETHERMINE POOL, NANO POOL AND MPOS-BASED POOLS

The latest version (1.2) of rig-monitor adds the following features:
Support for claymore single and dual mining mode
Integration with ethermine pool (currentStats, payouts) API
Integration with MPOS-based pools (e.g. miningpoolhib) pool (getdashboarddata) API
Integration with nanopool API (generalinfo, payments). Supports all crypto pools (ETH, ETC, SIA, PASC, XMR and ZEC)
Integration with coinmarketcap API for monitoring crypo prices in different quote currencies, trading volume and market cap. Supports conversion to different quote currencies.
Revised template dashboards

If you'd like other pools to be supported then please create issue

Pool dashboard
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rBw8xqspzHU/WbUDczF3fEI/AAAAAAAAADs/EjtJhwsw1CQl2mwbaH74p8OgjY-7ykkVACLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-09-10%2Bat%2B11.10.11.png

Mining overview dashboard

wishbone

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:30:18 AM

Great work!  I've been playing around with trying to do more of the data/graphing locally.  This really helps me get started.
 Here are some thoughts.

You might want to update your first post when you update this.  I was running off that for the latest instructions and they weren't up to date.  It's a convention thing to help "updates" not get lost in longer threads.

There are some issues with your walk through and user permissions.  Also I can see that you've edited out the create sql user in the create_db.sql, but your walk through does not indicate that you need to create the user.  It also does't setup permissions quite right for your script (grafana only needs SELECT but your script needs a lot more than that).  Not hard to fix, but just something to point out.  

I'm a bit confused by all the local storage of data in CSVs.  Aren't you using the database as well?

The rest of the bugs and issues I'll open on github, unless you'd prefer I put them here.

I use smartthings for HA and electricity monitoring.  I'll probably write something that either works with your script or just writes to the DB directly.  I believe I can get that data from their API.  ST is pretty popular here in the US so others might like to use that as well.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:17:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback.
I am on vacation this week (and promised my gf to stay away from the laptop  Embarrassed), so I'll have the fixes published later this week.

I'll also reply more in detail later today.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:17:53 PM

Ok. Here's the proper reply:

You might want to update your first post when you update this.  I was running off that for the latest instructions and they weren't up to date.  It's a convention thing to help "updates" not get lost in longer threads.

Thanks for the tip. I will do so this wkd

There are some issues with your walk through and user permissions.  Also I can see that you've edited out the create sql user in the create_db.sql, but your walk through does not indicate that you need to create the user.  It also does't setup permissions quite right for your script (grafana only needs SELECT but your script needs a lot more than that).  Not hard to fix, but just something to point out. 

Fixed in dev branch

I'm a bit confused by all the local storage of data in CSVs.  Aren't you using the database as well?

I could insert them directly, but keeping the data in CSV allows me to recover it in case I have issues with DBs or upgrades. I think your point is valid but it's more a matter of convenience. Not using CSVs would make the scripts simpler. What's your advice?

I use smartthings for HA and electricity monitoring.  I'll probably write something that either works with your script or just writes to the DB directly.  I believe I can get that data from their API.  ST is pretty popular here in the US so others might like to use that as well.

Cool. If you do please push it to the repo
dantok

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:25:09 AM

Hey Rodney,
I`m managed to get grafana and everything done. However that CSV file import to the dashboard does not work, how do i import it? Why don't we use the GUI to get it installed but it needs to be in JSON format?
wishbone

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:37:48 AM

Hey Rodney,
I`m managed to get grafana and everything done. However that CSV file import to the dashboard does not work, how do i import it? Why don't we use the GUI to get it installed but it needs to be in JSON format?

You need to make sure you're following his instructions from his latest post.  It's the latest one on his blog.  The instructions have changed slightly for importing csv files.

Code:
Import dashboards

Import template dashbords via sqlite:

sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/grafana/grafana.db

sqlite> .separator ","
sqlite> .import dashboards.csv dashboard

sqlite> .quit
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

Thanks. I have renamed the title of the original post to installation instructions and updated it accordingly.
kukem7

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:22:10 AM

I got stuck at "Create DB and rig-monitor metadata"
the comand "mysql -u root -p<mysql root password> < ./rig-monitor/sql/create_db.sql" error Huh
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:30:27 AM

I got stuck at "Create DB and rig-monitor metadata"
the comand "mysql -u root -p<mysql root password> < ./rig-monitor/sql/create_db.sql" error Huh

Don't you know your SQL root password? you need to enter it in order to create the database
kukem7

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:58:46 PM

it said: "bash: syntax error near unexpected token `<'" Huh
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:20:32 PM

You need to replace <mysql root password> with the password
ejzok

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:40:12 AM

Hi there, just a quick question, I planned to build a mining farm of around 150-200 gpus (total of around 20 rigs). In this case, do I need to link several Raspberry Pi together as a cluster computer? And if yes then how many RPis do I need, say if I want to keep database of around 2-3 days..?

Additionally, does it matter if some rigs are running Windows, some Linux, and some EthOS?

Thanks!
Ejzok
deepWebRun

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:54:07 PM

Great tool and easy enough instructions.

Couple questions
1) any chance to add nanopool share & worker history? I can see ethermine has such options.
2) Currently only support Claymore, which is best for ETH. Any plans to add support for other miners, such as ZM Equihash miner? It has simple API.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0
3) Option to auto reboot rigs if freeze using those hs110 would be cool to have.

Again, thanks for sharing.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

Sorry for the late reply

1) any chance to add nanopool share & worker history? I can see ethermine has such options.
I'll take a look in a couple of weeks.

2) Currently only support Claymore, which is best for ETH. Any plans to add support for other miners, such as ZM Equihash miner? It has simple API.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0
Sure.

3) Option to auto reboot rigs if freeze using those hs110 would be cool to have.
I'll probably work on this first as I am facing similar issues.

Will keep you posted.
Thanks for the feedback
dougBTC

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:58:42 PM

Still working on v2.0?   Planning on release any time soon?

Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: