Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Tutorial  (Read 3269 times)
MaxDigger

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:59:34 PM

What good mining hardware can you recommend? I plan of mining bitcoin sometime in the future.

Right now Bitmain has the Antminer S9, Antminer T9 and Antminer R4 which are relatively up-to-date and can get good efficiencies on bitcoin mining. Avalon has the A741, which is more efficient on power use but more costly up-front for the hashrate it offers. Bitfury is inaccessible to anyone who isn't already an established professional, but apparently have some good miners - as I'm not an established professional already, I haven't looked into their models too deeply. There are a few others I've heard of but haven't looked at too closely, so they may or may not be legit; the model numbers E9 and S11 spring to mind, though I can't think of the company names offhand. Fairly sure the S11 isn't released yet, but was just a teaser I read an article about, come to think of it; it was advertising a 22 TH/s hashrate and an up-front cost of about $1400, which is certainly a deal worth teasing about. Whether it actually comes out with those specs, or comes out on time at all, or is just a way to scam the gullible looking for something too good to be true, are all unknowns so far.

Which is more productive?
Buy equipment or mine in the cloud?

If you investe in hardware you can always sell it and at least partially return the investment if you see that mining is not for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

For my first mining rig i used this site: 1stminingrig.com/
It explain a lot of things. Also to setup the mining rig.
thanks for sharing this mate as I also got interested back with mining btc really making more harder to be mined so learning what alternatives
can be a possible option is a must for people who already got some knowledge but still looking some some ideas and with this shared site that
you provide not only beginners will prosper but also those who loves to read and learn.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
vc888888

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:34:03 PM

https://bitcoin.org/en/faq#mining
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/043014/what-bitcoin-mining.asp
By reading the above you'll have a very good understanding of what mining is and how it works.
The Bitcoin whitepaper also explains it, and Bitcoin, in detail: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

thnx dude Wink
youngagethinker

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:31:01 PM

Is it still worth it to mine bitcoin? Is it more profitable to mine than to participate in the campaigns in this forum?

It is very profitable. It feels like you are wrecking up some technology that is waiting to be discovered. Some guys are just going in with the flow like 70 dollars per day of calculation power but imagine if you can discover some way to mine more cryptocurrencies. You'll revolutionize the industry on that, but you need at least 3000 dollars of fund.

What good mining hardware can you recommend? I plan of mining bitcoin sometime in the future.

Right now Bitmain has the Antminer S9, Antminer T9 and Antminer R4 which are relatively up-to-date and can get good efficiencies on bitcoin mining. Avalon has the A741, which is more efficient on power use but more costly up-front for the hashrate it offers. Bitfury is inaccessible to anyone who isn't already an established professional, but apparently have some good miners - as I'm not an established professional already, I haven't looked into their models too deeply. There are a few others I've heard of but haven't looked at too closely, so they may or may not be legit; the model numbers E9 and S11 spring to mind, though I can't think of the company names offhand. Fairly sure the S11 isn't released yet, but was just a teaser I read an article about, come to think of it; it was advertising a 22 TH/s hashrate and an up-front cost of about $1400, which is certainly a deal worth teasing about. Whether it actually comes out with those specs, or comes out on time at all, or is just a way to scam the gullible looking for something too good to be true, are all unknowns so far.

Which is more productive?
Buy equipment or mine in the cloud?

If you can get a good price for power then i would buy the hardware! Then you have also sth to resell. I never used cloudmining but i guess many ppl here would also advise you to buy your own stuff. Cloudmining can be tricky, if the fee gets higher or the costs for the service then your contract can get unprofitable and thats the end. So better have the hardware at home or hosted somewhere in a datacentre

But sometimes videocards are getting out of stock because of the increase demand causing it to be more expensive.

It is really a great advantage to build you own, some people are scams they just want to build a mining rig with no proper computations and maintenance just to make other people invest in their rig. But if you have your own you can freely choose for some other methods and if you know for yourself that you are goon in software and hardware, you will have a profit everyday. Youre knowledge on application will also broaden by because of experience.

ramyon

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:48:07 PM

You must have a wallet to store the BTC you got, make it click https://blockchain.info/wallet/new (price 1 BTC for the current Rp 56 jutaan/BTC)

2. Next click the confirmation link that goes to the email you registered earlier, login to the wallet you just created. There is your Address Bitcoin (BTC) which looks like this 1UsrTKRpKKBohxoJiK5LG6UgAkkTKpmt which later in use to send or receive Bitcoin.

3. After your wallet is created, please search BTC, register here: FREE BITCOIN (fill left of new user)

4. Your Bitcoin Addres, in the contents of your BTC Addres that looks like this: 1UsrTKRpKKBohxoJiK5LG6UgAipkTKpmt

5. After registration is completed please: Sign UP

6. After that, there is a captha in the shape of Figures., Please put in the empty box below, continue Click Roll., Then your BTC will increase.

7. Do it every 1 hour, then your BitCoin per 1 hour will increase
vitaxa

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:40:38 PM

I would like to try mining on the Bitcoin Miner 4.73Th / s AntMiner S7-F1, 4730Gh / s Power consumption 1293 W, SHA256. Who can tell whether it is worth buying equipment now, is it profitable now to do this or is it better to look for an alternative kind of earning bitcoins?
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:57:52 PM

Dont forget do to your research thoroughly, because many mining options get obsolete very quickly - and that means you'd end up with a useless piece of software if you go for an ASIC piece. For GPU, atleast you can use it for other stuff other than mining.

MaxDigger

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:09:47 AM

You must have a wallet to store the BTC you got, make it click https://blockchain.info/wallet/new (price 1 BTC for the current Rp 56 jutaan/BTC)

2. Next click the confirmation link that goes to the email you registered earlier, login to the wallet you just created. There is your Address Bitcoin (BTC) which looks like this 1UsrTKRpKKBohxoJiK5LG6UgAkkTKpmt which later in use to send or receive Bitcoin.

3. After your wallet is created, please search BTC, register here: FREE BITCOIN (fill left of new user)

4. Your Bitcoin Addres, in the contents of your BTC Addres that looks like this: 1UsrTKRpKKBohxoJiK5LG6UgAipkTKpmt

5. After registration is completed please: Sign UP

6. After that, there is a captha in the shape of Figures., Please put in the empty box below, continue Click Roll., Then your BTC will increase.

7. Do it every 1 hour, then your BitCoin per 1 hour will increase

Is this all profitable? Are there any calculations on how much you can earn? Did you try this?
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:00:49 PM

Dont forget do to your research thoroughly, because many mining options get obsolete very quickly - and that means you'd end up with a useless piece of software if you go for an ASIC piece. For GPU, atleast you can use it for other stuff other than mining.
many cases occur that loss in mining and device in use become obsolete .. so from that do from the beginning ..
installation of devices and components must be very complete ,, and ensured for long term
arubang777

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

Hello

Does somebody know a good tutorial or site where I can learn about mining and how it works?
The pages I've found are either explaining it in a very basic way or they are getting too specific.
I have an IT background and I would really like to learn how the process exactly works.

Thanks in advance.

For me for additional or to well known better about mining I suggest read the post qnd artticle here ,
There are a lot learn the Mining process or If you are not comfortable doing it you can watch on youtube there are video tutorials as well.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

Hello

Does somebody know a good tutorial or site where I can learn about mining and how it works?
The pages I've found are either explaining it in a very basic way or they are getting too specific.
I have an IT background and I would really like to learn how the process exactly works.

Thanks in advance.

The first thing you do is determine what you will be mining. Many current type cryptocurrencies and each type has different specifications. So you need different hardware also, if you have determined then you just choose the hardware you need. You can see the specifications in this forum and also some forums on the internet for more clear and specific information.

Yup, because every mining rig differs on what coins what are you going to mine.
Mining these days are difficult because the graphics cards are getting out of stock and because of scarcity, there is an increased of price.
So if you're thinking about mining, knowledge is not the only thing to consider. You need a good budget too.

In technical aspects, learning machine language is never easy and knowing the circuitry of hardwares requires physical works. It's all worth it in the end, sites also don't tell much promising way on how to mine so don't depend on them. Self taught and getting advices from pro miners is the best way.

the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

Can you recommend good tutorial about renting hash power for mining like nicehash example? I registered there but the help is not very clear for non mining person to just get started and mine. Also about the profitability what do you recommend is best to look at? Tnx

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
daniil111

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:19:50 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

Principles of extraction
 For example, I said tram friends, that the thought of a number from 1 to 100. I recorded this number on the list in SPA convert. My friends don't even need to guess the number the first enough to call the number that is less than or equal to the number to convert. The number of attempts to organize. Suppose I have in mind 19. And If a friend says "21" that he regrets, because 21 is bigger than 19. If a friend says "16" and each is "12", both theoretical answer can be counted, because and 16, and 12 is less than 19. Other B benefits do not receive any additional though his answer was closer to the number of person — win the one who will offer your first option. What happens if friends said B and C at the same time? In BTC-network Anthem responses occur regularly, but can only get one. In this situation, to decide who Ismayilov meritorious, should the entire network. The decision is taken by simple majority of votes — 51%. Typically, the award goes to the miner who has accomplished more useful work, i.e. was verified by the most transactions. Now imagine that the friends I have significantly more than three, and conceived the number is not limited to the range from 1 to 100. As friends are the millions of miners, conceived the number is a 64 — digit, and also in hexadecimal notation. As you can imagine, to guess the correct answer will be very difficult.
zhaichi11

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:05:14 AM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

The first thing you do is determine what you will be mining. Many current type cryptocurrencies and each type has different specifications. So you need different hardware also, if you have determined then you just choose the hardware you need. You can see the specifications in this forum and also some forums on the internet for more clear and specific information.

Is the equipment in mining depends also in the type of cryptocurrencies ? I mean what hardware need to use to mine BTC? or ETH ?

ATLANTICO
NEW TAKE ON MEDICAL SERVICE
ANN  Telegramwww.atlantico-network.ioTwitter Facebook
unshur

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:15:03 AM

Cпacибo зa инфy для чaйникa  Cheesy
gilbsx

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:58:49 AM

By reading the above you'll have a very good understanding of what mining is and how it works.
The Bitcoin whitepaper also explains it, and Bitcoin, in detail: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

I was also looking for Bitcoin mining info. The above links did help me out a lot. Thanks
daniil111

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:11:34 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance.

Principles of mining
 For example, I told the three friends that the thought of a number from 1 to 100. I recorded this number on the worksheet that was hidden in the envelope. My friends don't even need to guess the exact number — just the first to call a number that is less than or equal to the number in the envelope. The number of attempts is not limited. Suppose I have in mind 19. If a friend And say "21" he will lose because 21 is bigger than 19. If each says "16" and each is "12", both answers can theoretically be counted, because and 16, and 12 is less than 19. Friend B does not receive any additional benefits, although his response was closer to the target number wins the one who offers your first option. What happens if friends B and C are answered at the same time? In the bitcoin network simultaneous responses occur regularly, but the award can only get one. In this situation, to decide which of the miners is worthy of, should the entire network. The decision is taken by simple majority of votes — 51%. Typically, the award goes to the miner who has accomplished more useful work, i.e. was verified by the most transactions
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:09:09 PM

I was also looking for Bitcoin mining info. The above links did help me out a lot. Thanks

This is cheap query bro. If you surf about it in Google means you will find the answer in many sites and even you may get the Youtube suggestions also so try to be search there. Even about you found the FAQ to know what is mining. So learn from there.
First before that check the pinned link in the same section below.You will be able to understand the mining and query making in mining too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2415854.0
Cryptogroup12

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

Hi all !

My company and i are going to lunch a new coin for  1 month and 12 days .

you can start to mine it as easy as by your pc because of the lower difficulty the coin have now,

all the interested persons add me on skype: bellwarrren56@gmail.com write to my "miner" so i can add you as contact fast and give all the instructions to start mining.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: