Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "ETH mining is profitable, but not for long" -Techinasia  (Read 1139 times)
lawlawlaw (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:43:00 PM

thoughts on this article anyone?
source: https://www.techinasia.com/talk/ethereum-mining-profitability

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rovchris

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:45:53 PM

I dont think the difficulty will change soon. but there will always be people who get free electricity and  put htere miners in that area. Fo those people, they will be profitable all the way to the end.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

free electricity

Like I always say, there is no free electricity, somebody always pay the bill.

ETH is done for till they hard fork it and when they do then price will probably be many times higher than what it is. I myself have been buying eth for a month when noobs dump it.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:22:53 PM

I dont think the difficulty will change soon. but there will always be people who get free electricity and  put htere miners in that area. Fo those people, they will be profitable all the way to the end.

You don't have tho think. ETH team accounted that difficulty will be increased by almost 50% until the end of the year (September and November are two points If I remember right) and that is not counting additional miners that will increase difficulty even further.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:39:42 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 02:53:18 PM by Vann

I dont think the difficulty will change soon. but there will always be people who get free electricity and  put htere miners in that area. Fo those people, they will be profitable all the way to the end.

You don't have tho think. ETH team accounted that difficulty will be increased by almost 50% until the end of the year (September and November are two points If I remember right) and that is not counting additional miners that will increase difficulty even further.

That is not correct at all. The main reason for the drop in profitability is the programmed ICE AGE difficulty ramp up that was implemented to get miners prepared for the Casper POS release planned for the end of this year. Which exponentially increases the difficulty and block times artificially as the date to the switch to POS got closer.

Now that the move to POS has been postponed for at least 12 months, the ETH developers will undue the effects of the artificially high ICE AGE difficulty and return to the difficulty being predicated by the network hash rate and 15 second block times in the next fork scheduled for the end of September. If they can't push out the fork before the next pre planned ICE AGE ramp up, there will be another difficulty bomb on September 24th, until they release the fork.

https://themerkle.com/ethereums-metropolis-hard-fork-will-activate-at-the-end-of-september-2017
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:58:28 PM

Mining Ethereum will be no longuer profitable : this is true, but not for these reasons.

PoS will never see the light.
AMD GPU hashrate will decrease more and more.
Ethereum will dump in the nexts month (again and again).
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:37:33 PM

Mining Ethereum will be no longuer profitable : this is true, but not for these reasons.

- Actually, the development for the initial hybrid POW/POS release is running as planned. With deployment anticipated for sooner, rather than later according to the developers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjeAZyL2_w&feature=youtu.be&t=4100

- AMD has already released the Windows drivers that fix the Dag epoch hash drop. The Linux fix is expected soon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2092279.0

- My crystal ball is broken ATM, so can't confirm or deny.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 06:29:48 PM

PoS will never see the light. - You will be surprised soon  Grin
AMD GPU hashrate will decrease more and more - All of my rx 470/480 gpu's hashing faster than a year ago  Grin
Ethereum will dump in the nexts month (again and again). - if its going happen ( i doubt it ) that will be the best time to buy more  Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

The conclusion is correct, but this writer...
how much out-dated or completely wrong information does this writer use to create this article...
"Moreover, Ethereum will be switching from a proof-of-work to a proof-of-stake framework sometime this year. "
"Now, let us look at it in another way. Instead of spending US$2,000+ in buying the mining rig and the electricity that you will end up consuming in a month, one can purchase 8+ ETH."

trackers

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

Yeah I think this too, so long as the market doesn't fully crash
silverthornne

Activity: 148

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:07:39 AM

A few months forward, and Ethernet is still ok, why were you thinking that Ethereum will dump ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: