Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:30:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-22 RT Crosstalk - Bitcoin Ecosystem (Amir Taaki rules the show)  (Read 2477 times)
StarfishPrime (OP)

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:56:42 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 05:20:26 PM by StarfishPrime

Watching live on RT's "Crosstalk" now. Link below:

http://rt.com/shows/crosstalk/bitcoin-ecosystem-633/

Amir does quite well both defending and explaining bitcoin in the somewhat chaotic format of the Crosstalk show.

RT (english language) has been running bitcoin stories on virtually every hourly news and on some regular segments like this since the DHS/MtGox seizure. Russia and China are definitely worth keeping an eye on right now. Unprecedented numbers of nodes are coming online in both countries.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
djalexr

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:43:46 PM

definitely very entertaining to watch. as usual amir is great at forcing his points across and generally dominating the discussion with a lot of passion about the topic - although not always answering the question being asked of him. An overall positive message about bitcoin is put across, and the sceptical guy isn't really left with much of an argument against it.

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

Amir did a pretty good job here. Though at some point he should of lost it a little. But that Ed guy was gasping at straws and totally had no ammo to break to the table. That Daniel guy also did a really good job describing the long term impact of Bitcoins.

Looks like there will be plenty more Crosstalk shows about Bitcoin, judging by Peter's expression at the end.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:59:32 PM

Thought it was pretty good, as well.  That one guy just kept saying, "What percentage of people in the world use it?"  Umm.. who cares, it's obviously growing everyday.  More people use it today than yesterday, that is all that matters at this point.  This other guy is also saying, "people trust banks."  Amir got cut-off, but his answer was good, which was almost inaudible, which was "people use banks because they have no other choice." 
ScottEvil

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:05:56 PM

Thought it was pretty good, as well.  That one guy just kept saying, "What percentage of people in the world use it?"  Umm.. who cares, it's obviously growing everyday.  More people use it today than yesterday, that is all that matters at this point.  This other guy is also saying, "people trust banks."  Amir got cut-off, but his answer was good, which was almost inaudible, which was "people use banks because they have no other choice." 

I kept thinking how he could fire back with "What percentage of people used the telephone after it was invented?  Electricity? New tech doesn't have a 80% adaption rate just months after its creation..."  That would have destroyed Ed's weak attack.
ScottEvil

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:09:07 PM

He was much better than his other appearances. But he has to answer questions directly he goes on these huge rants and it just makes him look like he doesn't know the answer, and he clearly does.

I've only seen him in one other news show like this but I agree with you completely.  He may know the system inside out but he seems a bit too overzealous and looses his cool which weakens trust in my opinion. 

And I think its because he'll get upset and so defensive that they love to put cameras on him.  I think he should speak passionately but he should let others get a word in edgewise so he can politely fire right back on why they are wrong i their thinking...
noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:59:14 PM

I kept thinking how he could fire back with "What percentage of people used the telephone after it was invented?  Electricity? New tech doesn't have a 80% adaption rate just months after its creation..."  That would have destroyed Ed's weak attack.

That's why RT brought him, for his emotions and sensationalism... now if they had someone like Trace Mayer or maybe Jon Matonis, they would have stomped Ed to the ground.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:10:49 AM

I think you did great Amir! Smiley

You worked on your looks, nice Smiley

Interupting that guy continually was the best you could do.

I couldn't have done it better. Loved it  Cool
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:37:29 PM

Watching live on RT's "Crosstalk" now. Link below:

http://rt.com/shows/crosstalk/bitcoin-ecosystem-633/

Amir does quite well both defending and explaining bitcoin in the somewhat chaotic format of the Crosstalk show.

Yes, seen this on RT cable channel, I was fucking ROFL at amir's facial expression a couple times, like as if someone looks like they are gonna have a melt down from hearing bs information from the opposing side. I could not stop laughing so hard. Awesome stuff. Like his left eye "right to us" squinted and his face twitched. ROFLMFAO.

Edit:
Aha, yup, I will never forget those facial expressions.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:06:38 PM

right, i kept wanting to jump thru the screen and strangle that guy.  the % using Bitcoin is obviously small b/c its so young.  only 4.5 yo compared to how many thousands of yrs for fiat?

the correct answer to that one is "but just wait".
lexxus

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:10:07 PM

RT (english language) has been running bitcoin stories on virtually every hourly news and on some regular segments like this since the DHS/MtGox seizure. Russia and China are definitely worth keeping an eye on right now. Unprecedented numbers of nodes are coming online in both countries.

Sorry to disappoint you, but in Russia 0.01% of the population knows what is RT.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

Some important take-aways:

Anything that holds value is a useful commodity

Size of the bitcoin market is not important right now

What is important is that the bitcoin network is growing.

The bitcoin market is already larger then 20 or 30 of the  worlds smallest currencies. 
(would love to see more stats on that one!).

kiko

Activity: 453

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:10:13 PM

The bitcoin market is already larger then 20 or 30 of the  worlds smallest currencies. 
Did you miss the epic Vladimir thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154954.0
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:13:40 PM

Did you miss the epic Vladimir thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154954.0

I guess I did.

Here is the CIA World Factbook which lists both narrow and broad stocks of currency

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2215rank.html
kiko

Activity: 453

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:20:22 PM

I guess I did.

Here is the CIA World Factbook which lists both narrow and broad stocks of currency

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2215rank.html

This forum is getting too big, you practically need a tour guide now. I saw today that we nearly hit 3 million page views the last couple of days.
StarfishPrime (OP)

Activity: 358

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:08:42 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 09:23:52 PM by StarfishPrime

Sorry to disappoint you, but in Russia 0.01% of the population knows what is RT.

Yes, many of us are aware that RT is often just considered to be the english language mouth-piece of the Russian gov't... It would be quite interesting to hear from any Russian forum members what the mainstream media coverage has been like there this past few months. Something must be driving the increase in node numbers?

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
teamtarp

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:33:53 AM

Think Amir needs to go through a list of questions he might be asked for his next apperance and figure out some good answers to them. Like the % of users questions, as has already been mentioned there is so much good stuff he can reply to this, but instead he just avoided it and to me it kinda seemed he got owned by that Ed douche when he could not answer.

The most impressive guy to me was that 3rd dude. He was calm and collected and had well informed answers to all the questions. Just came off like someone you wanted to listen to instead of the two other screaming guys.
Mcoroklo

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:38:41 PM

I don't think Amir Taaki will be invited again soon :-) He was embarrassing and wasn't able to answer questions in a good way (who cares about his sister?).

Glad Daniel was there to save the day...
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:37:05 PM

The eyeroll was hilarious.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:58:11 PM

Amir is a character and as such he will continue to be asked to comment on bit coin related stories especially as sensationalized bitcoin coverage expands on outlets like Russia Today. He is certainly a passionate young man who has been actively involved in bitcoin for as Lon as I can remember.

What kills me about this recent coverage involving Amir is that it portrays bitcoiner as hyper-political crypto-Anarchist plotting the take over of the worlds financial system form abandoned squats in London.

Then there was the recent headline "BITCOIN HACKED!" in response to the bitfloor compromise and most recently "DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY SEIZES DWOLLA" in respond to the recent DHS seizure if Mt Goxs Wells Fargo account (used to trasnfer funds between their Japanese bank and Dwolla.

Anyway prepare for more bad and sensationalized reporting and as much as we love to hate him more bitcoin color commentary from Amir.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: