Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?  (Read 6249 times)
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 03:33:25 AM

These are my some of important things to discover are
1. Look about the company information
2. Why did they started and for what purpose.
3. Are they really exists or not.
4. Margin capital money for promoting ICO.
5. Can it be successful or not.
6. Developer experience

There are several things, but scams always hijacks everything, however in these days ICO's are more than 200 per month.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arung Palakka

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:38:13 AM

for me = idea, Developer experience and bounty manager
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:44:59 AM

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

I agree with what you've mentioned. The concept of an ICO is important because it will capture the attention of the investors that determines the succes of an ICO. The team will also be a part of an ICO's success since some people are being trusted by the investors which again, welcomes more people to invest in an ICO.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
thomaspeetersalt

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:16:15 AM

I am relatively new to this space, but I have done some research and I think one way of approaching it is to decide on sectors that are promising first and then weed out the 99% useless projects which are often the once with the most aggressive marketing and ridiculous bounty strategies.

Then the whitepaper needs thorough reading, and the team needs to be top notch - not only from the blockchain side, but also from the "traditional" business side of the company sector, and then the structure of the actual ICO needs not to be detrimental to participation.
joefdavid

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

A good white paper is paramount as it outlines what the plan, product and projections etc. The next thing is the team behind it, they should have relative experience in the ICO i.e. if it is in gaming development there should be people in there who have expertise not just people making an ICO for the sake of a crowd fund payday. Finally the idea needs to be solid, if the idea is a duplicate of something else it needs to have both things mentioned before plus a new fresh approach or it simply won't make it.
nicolasduboismin

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:39:33 AM

If you are totally new to ICOs I recommend the following guide as a starting point:

https://coinclarity.com/ico-101/

I'm going to be writing my own personal guide to ICO investing, probably a bit lengthier than the one listed above, having followed the phenomena since 2014.

If I had to limit the criteria to 3 things, I would have to make some sweeping, all-encompassing generalizations:

1. What is the ICO attempting to accomplish that no other project before it has? How original is the idea? Is there a sincere reason why this project could be profitable and successful, or is it just a copycat / clone of another, previously successful idea?

2. Do a gut check on the legitimacy of the ICO. What do your instincts tell you about how sincere the ICO team actually is? Is there a whitepaper, a public dev team, a decent website and decent community interaction?

3. Who is backing or supporting this ICO? Does it have any notable investors backing it, preferably ones with a demonstrable success record? Is it just trying to raise funds from an anonymous public or are there any other companies / individuals signing their support for it?

This is just a summation of about 10-15 different things I research before investing in an ICO.

Thank you for this ! I am new and these kind of posts help a lot - will check your website as well. Great. Especially the third point seems to make a lot of sense to me. It seems as when the projects do not only have the backing of participants from the ICO world, but also the backing of people from the underlying industry, there is a real connection between the two sometimes which can be very good.
SaikiranChotu

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:57:56 AM

I take care of these three things first
1) I look at their team
2) White paper
3) Social media activities and popularity
Moz90

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:43:54 AM

Thorough read of the whitepaper, the team, the numbers, is there potential to grow? and the IDEA that plays the biggest role.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:07:07 PM

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

Here the first factor for me , always forces me to see the what the unique quality or concept is with the coin that is making it much better and unique from another coin .
Beside of this quality for me the better thing to analyse is numbers of the units of the coin that will be specify by the team before the launching .
Here no. Of coins really tell about the price of the coin , Because here if the no. Of units of the coin will be less then the price will be high performance coin and that will create a big difference in buy and sell price of the coin , and in that case we will be able to make small small amounts of bitcoin to that coin trading to make profit .
Another thing that I see usually is the background of the business of the coin's owner Because background is a big thing for the coin's future , if the owner of the coin's is rich person and also famous then we can expect better results from the investment in that coin .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
nicolasduboismin

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:00:48 PM

Here the first factor for me , always forces me to see the what the unique quality or concept is with the coin that is making it much better and unique from another coin .
Beside of this quality for me the better thing to analyse is numbers of the units of the coin that will be specify by the team before the launching .
Here no. Of coins really tell about the price of the coin , Because here if the no. Of units of the coin will be less then the price will be high performance coin and that will create a big difference in buy and sell price of the coin , and in that case we will be able to make small small amounts of bitcoin to that coin trading to make profit .
Another thing that I see usually is the background of the business of the coin's owner Because background is a big thing for the coin's future , if the owner of the coin's is rich person and also famous then we can expect better results from the investment in that coin .

Yes. You are right. Real backers with a real team are so important. I am trying to find recycling and energy projects. Most have teams with no relevant experience. And what you are saying about the coin amounts is VITAL. Look at Powerledger issuing tokens irrespective of amount raised in the ICO. So everyone will be diluted and no one can make money except themselves. And they must have been greedy, because their sector is the right one.

Prosume has a much better team, much better future, on the board they have Ernst and Young and sovereign wealth funds - and their structure is correct. Best one I have found so far.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:32:52 PM

When you select the ICO I always pay attention to a few things.
1 Whitepaper it is important to understand that the team wants to do what the results are, and what kind of a road map.
2 the team Itself. if there half human even though there is a great idea for a trillion dollars nothing will happen
3 response from the community, some projects are still under PRE-ICO are already gathering a community of a few thousand, and then quickly develop. A large number of people at once suggests that the project is needed.

High risk high payoff
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:37:35 PM

You know I often invest in ICO and in those ICOs I often look at the future concept of the project and the profit involved in the token. If the token have a good discount in the ICO then I do not hesitate to invest in them because when they release the token in the exchange after the end of ICO then I can get the discount amount as profit and when the project has a good future and it will get more demand in the future then I often hold my token to that time and get a good profit.
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

First and foremost thing is their project and future of it, second is the team behind the project and third is the road map of the project, how and what is their schedule of full launch. White paper is also a requirement of study and if all these are as per your expectations, then you can look for that ICO.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
thomaspeetersalt

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:54:41 PM

You know I often invest in ICO and in those ICOs I often look at the future concept of the project and the profit involved in the token. If the token have a good discount in the ICO then I do not hesitate to invest in them because when they release the token in the exchange after the end of ICO then I can get the discount amount as profit and when the project has a good future and it will get more demand in the future then I often hold my token to that time and get a good profit.

Yes, it is important to get the longer term profit of the real projects - short term as an extra and then long term with the real projects for serious profits.
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:37:55 PM

Team background, ICO scale, and application prospects

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:22:39 PM

Yes, it is important to get the longer term profit of the real projects - short term as an extra and then long term with the real projects for serious profits.
You must to know before choose a project for long term, you need to checking and consider carefully, do not hurry and make you have mistake. Long time as 6 months or few years is not a small number, it is very far and make you waste much time if you do not receive anything after hold tokens in a long time.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Minotus

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:26:44 PM

First potential of project, second whitepaper and team, and the third one is investors. These three are  important.

Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:36:30 PM

1) White paper
2) Roadmap
3) The opinions of experienced people
Jenna_G

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

I can give  u my receipt of successes. Find projects that you can properly understand and be sure that ppl need it, and invest in. For example, read one article and author said  that smart contract for person and small business is a very needed projects. And i find one, that should start in November, I also check it for scam, and imho it isn't. You can google it, but I recommend to join their telegram chat Confideal - @confidealioeng
So list looks like - idea, team, business plan
Niceguyjoe85

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:19:08 PM

If you are totally new to ICOs I recommend the following guide as a starting point:

https://coinclarity.com/ico-101/

I'm going to be writing my own personal guide to ICO investing, probably a bit lengthier than the one listed above, having followed the phenomena since 2014.

If I had to limit the criteria to 3 things, I would have to make some sweeping, all-encompassing generalizations:

1. What is the ICO attempting to accomplish that no other project before it has? How original is the idea? Is there a sincere reason why this project could be profitable and successful, or is it just a copycat / clone of another, previously successful idea?

2. Do a gut check on the legitimacy of the ICO. What do your instincts tell you about how sincere the ICO team actually is? Is there a whitepaper, a public dev team, a decent website and decent community interaction?

3. Who is backing or supporting this ICO? Does it have any notable investors backing it, preferably ones with a demonstrable success record? Is it just trying to raise funds from an anonymous public or are there any other companies / individuals signing their support for it?

This is just a summation of about 10-15 different things I research before investing in an ICO.

Thank you for this ! I am new and these kind of posts help a lot - will check your website as well. Great. Especially the third point seems to make a lot of sense to me. It seems as when the projects do not only have the backing of participants from the ICO world, but also the backing of people from the underlying industry, there is a real connection between the two sometimes which can be very good.

Well, that's interesting ideas and as a newbie I have to read very carefully the details of those ICO platforms which been presented in the bounties of altcoins. Most importantly the reputation of the manager can give us an assurance to trust the project, like checking the spreadsheet of the campaign so you can determine how promising that ico been raised to generate good profit. But, we must be more vigilant as always because an ICO doesn't mean successful all the time, there maybe scenario that it will fail like from previous other projects who failed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: