Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?  (Read 6249 times)
btcdepo

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:33:05 PM

I check those 3 things before I do any investment for any ICO

-  The team members - their history of successful projects?
-  The roadmap - what do they plan to achieve?
-  Investors - who are backing them?

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:39:45 PM

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

idea is the most important thing you should look out for. Look for projects with unique and promising ideas. These projects are sure to grow in future and can help you earn huge profits

team is another important factor to look out for as a strong team will surely help a project to grow.implementation of the idea is carried out by the team so team is important.

popularity of the project also matters as popular projects tend to grow quickly and are also able to raise handsome amount of money during the ICO. Money is needed in every phase of growth.
Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:42:38 PM

my list - 1.Team and it background, 2.Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, 3. Good support in social media, and good customer service in official resources. Due to this reasons I choose Confideal
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:01:48 PM

1- their technology
2-coin supply
3-it's price

Hach

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:34:27 PM

Thanks for sharing. Many new points to note. I'm new in ico's investment and all i check is the roadmap and if the team is experienced.
I should be more careful with this huge number of scam ico's.

abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:49:05 PM

SOLID TEAM
WHITE PAPER AND IF THE IDEA IS UNIQUE
risatrakib

Activity: 823
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:10:40 PM

I look 3 things in an ICO
1st their roadmap , which is very important for an ico
then i look at their team
and lastly i look their whitepaper ....

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:14:48 PM

we can not just to look for only three things in an ico but if we do or i did i will probably look for first, the team ,second the whitepaprer, third and the intial coin price. 
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:32:21 PM

1) real product
2) real people in the team ( wiht links , guys! there are no people who don't use social media now. so pleaseeee)
3) realistic plan of ICO
Having a legit product is the most important thing whenever there is a project. A lot of these ICO's have good ideas -they can't do anything else without an actual product.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Jarr

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:40:42 PM

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

i think i am looking for ICO project who have many investors due to my knowledge in ICO project is less, i only follow another people who experienced in that.

YOUR FUTURE SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR
Helga.Alekseyuk

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:35:23 PM

1) real product
2) real people in the team ( wiht links , guys! there are no people who don't use social media now. so pleaseeee)
3) realistic plan of ICO
Having a legit product is the most important thing whenever there is a project. A lot of these ICO's have good ideas -they can't do anything else without an actual product.

yepp, it seems that they are all scammers.
Michae1k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:41:59 PM

my list - 1.Team and it background, 2.Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, 3. Have partnership with fonds or organizations.
For this reason I choose Confi, https://icobench.com/ico/confideal. Good reputation of project and team, good rating also
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:10:51 PM

we all should be very careful considering the fact that we are facing with 200+ ICO every month

I take care of these things;
-experience
-investors
-roadmap
osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:27:17 PM

I have not really taken part in any ICO yet, but I know that the major things to look at includes, 1. Their white paper, read and understand what they are planning to carryout 2. Roadmap, when their coins will be out for exchange and accessible in sites, 3. The team, the CEO, and their backers.
moinul018

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:36:50 PM

-Technical depth of the project
-Team and their experience
-Their approach to solve the problem
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:44:30 PM

If you are totally new to ICOs I recommend the following guide as a starting point:

https://coinclarity.com/ico-101/

I'm going to be writing my own personal guide to ICO investing, probably a bit lengthier than the one listed above, having followed the phenomena since 2014.

If I had to limit the criteria to 3 things, I would have to make some sweeping, all-encompassing generalizations:

1. What is the ICO attempting to accomplish that no other project before it has? How original is the idea? Is there a sincere reason why this project could be profitable and successful, or is it just a copycat / clone of another, previously successful idea?

2. Do a gut check on the legitimacy of the ICO. What do your instincts tell you about how sincere the ICO team actually is? Is there a whitepaper, a public dev team, a decent website and decent community interaction?

3. Who is backing or supporting this ICO? Does it have any notable investors backing it, preferably ones with a demonstrable success record? Is it just trying to raise funds from an anonymous public or are there any other companies / individuals signing their support for it?

This is just a summation of about 10-15 different things I research before investing in an ICO.

Thank you for this ! I am new and these kind of posts help a lot - will check your website as well. Great. Especially the third point seems to make a lot of sense to me. It seems as when the projects do not only have the backing of participants from the ICO world, but also the backing of people from the underlying industry, there is a real connection between the two sometimes which can be very good.

Well, that's interesting ideas and as a newbie I have to read very carefully the details of those ICO platforms which been presented in the bounties of altcoins. Most importantly the reputation of the manager can give us an assurance to trust the project, like checking the spreadsheet of the campaign so you can determine how promising that ico been raised to generate good profit. But, we must be more vigilant as always because an ICO doesn't mean successful all the time, there maybe scenario that it will fail like from previous other projects who failed.
The manager has nothing to do with the success of the ICO but yet hes the one who do handle on such marketing stuff been required for him to do on such project. If we do really look up for the ratio on success and failed ICO or projects we would really able to see that Fails is more than on success.This is the reason why we should really be keen on selecting projects on which we would decide to invest on to our money.Usually I do look up for its project potential like usage/real life benfits,next developers experience and transparency.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:51:31 PM

1) First I check if the numbers of their business plan have any relation to the reality, because many ICOs state an expected profit that has nothing to do with the reality, just to draw investors in.

2) Is their marketing plan and budget promising? Without a good marketing strategy and budget most projects will fail because the competition is high

3) Do they have a unique and promising idea?
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:58:00 PM

I look at the whitepaper , the dev team , and the support of the coin.
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:01:12 PM

1) Whitepaper
2) Command
3) opinion of some personalities

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Mzai620

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:05:56 PM

i think yes. I also like you in looking at an ICO. Usually I see how the ICO will run with their vision, want where the project and how the team handle it. make sure they are really a professional team in their field. the last I saw their allocation of funds. If they think they have allocations and that are unreasonable or unrealistic, I choose to avoid them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: