Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?  (Read 6247 times)
Custard81 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:50:54 AM

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:07:49 AM

I cannot stress this more, No.1 is the whitepaper. Always look at the whitepaper. If you can understand what the team wants to do, and like the concept, consider putting money - else no use. No2. is the team. Look at the engagement that they are having with the community, also look at how old are their public profile like linkedin. QUtm CEO changed his name recently before doing qtum, he has been known for doing frauds in past- so do look into the history of people involved. No3 thing that I check is the community around the project.

phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1022
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:20:22 AM

I cannot stress this more, No.1 is the whitepaper. Always look at the whitepaper. If you can understand what the team wants to do, and like the concept, consider putting money - else no use. No2. is the team. Look at the engagement that they are having with the community, also look at how old are their public profile like linkedin. QUtm CEO changed his name recently before doing qtum, he has been known for doing frauds in past- so do look into the history of people involved. No3 thing that I check is the community around the project.

This is bang on the money in my eyes. Here is what i would look for in an ICO, a little more than 3, but they are all interconnected.

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (People focus too much on the developers which is important but not everything. no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertise it and push the startup in the right direction.)
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Finally
- Good concept and catchy name - A good ethos and a name that makes them stand out. Personally i would avoid anything that is something "coin".

If these are in place, then it's a good sign. I am looking at Crowdholding at the minute, seems like a good upcoming ICO (They are in their pre-sale). I like this one because it is about co-creation (Which i am interested in, which also helps and i would advise) and also you can get more for your investment as they are in their pre-sale.

https://ico.crowdholding.com/
prakashghai

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:32:11 AM

Thank you .. these are good points to remember...

Especially point No. 2 Does it solve a real world problem?

Some people just ignore this and blindly invest in ICO's
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:48:56 AM

Basing on whitepaper isnt really reliable itself since there are good projects out there who do have the potential to progress is they are being funded well but there are really instances which the interest of people isnt there on which they do end up on failing inspite on having a good project. This is also my main concern or being seek it up first when i do decide to join or invest on an ICO. Next would be the experienced developers and next its roadmap, marketting strategy/partners and experiences.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:22:31 AM

I look for people. Are there lot of people wanna support this project or not? That is good enough to make some money over speculation. Also projects' dev team is important.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
harimauagam

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:40:18 PM

Surely everyone wants a gift from ICO if not a gift then much less. I work in this bitcointalk would want a very nice gift of a project. Smiley
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:47:30 PM

Totally agreed the 3 points mentioned are important. To my surprise, I came across some projects without white paper. I totally ignore these projects.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

Roadmap and the coin distribution, team and is it rational or not. If not rational I won't invest in ICO.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:01:39 PM

the team, the market cap, usually the two will determin to participate in or not, for more, i will look for the project its self, for example, is there already exited in the similiar project

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:06:26 PM

You are fucking retarded idiots.
These are not "startups" nor are they companies.. nor are you investors.
ICO's are scammy .. every single one of them period .
You are participating in new age digital ponzi / pyramid schemes for profit.
You are NOT "investors".. but scammy idiots.

do i need to explain why yet again ?  Roll Eyes

Go fund yourself assholes.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:01:29 PM

The team is definitely a priority. They should give backgrounds, social media links or linkedin so you could personally check.
I think it is important to be sure first if the ICO is not a scam before trying to evaluate if it will be successful.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:15:15 PM

yes. I also like you in looking at an ICO. Usually I see how the ICO will run with their vision, want where the project and how the team handle it. make sure they are really a professional team in their field. the last I saw their allocation of funds. If they think they have allocations and that are unreasonable or unrealistic, I choose to avoid them.

owocki

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 02:27:09 PM

Team. Market. Product.  In that order.
cp_underground

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:29:33 PM

for me, im looking is the concept that ico, what is developer offering for me, the team and their experince in blockchain

TheFriends

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:33:14 PM

For me it's, something new, innovative, disruptive.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

The first one is the whitepaper, you have to read whole white paper before invest your money to these projects. Because most of them just scammer with nonsense whitepaper which looks promising but fail at the end.

Team and Escrow should consider before invest, if famous team involved to their project (like CEO of Ethereum, Dash) and using ESCROW !! . Your funds probably safe even the scammer is out, your funds still safe on escrow and Coin Supply.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:41:06 PM

I think the team is the most important, a experienced team can bring out creative ideas and useful products and a powerful advisors can make good market performance. That is enough.
gaming-stars

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:42:41 PM

For me, the most important aspect is the whitepaper and how the technology will solve a problem.

Second is the team and that they have experience.

The third is for me the potential of the project.

However, there are occasions when it makes sense to invest even when the team is not experienced or unknown but the rest is great.

Also, I am also analyzing who else is investing. If good advisors with industry knowledge are on board, it is a huge plus point....
hansbans

Activity: 380

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:53:27 PM

First of all i look investors thinks. Second, team.
Third, whitepaper and potential of project.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: