Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?  (Read 1824 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:00:28 PM

What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?

The best thing that you cant do with dollars that you can do to bitcoin is to send and receive payments online without the need for third parties because you can already send bitcoin from one wallet to another without using services. Another thing that I can do to bitcoin that I cant do to dollars is the ability to hold and profit in the long run. If one held dollar for a long time, the value might still be the same  or decreased whereas bitcoin's value can be higher after a period of time.
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:09:36 PM

I feel that one of the best benefits of bitcoin is anonymity which fiat currencies like USD cannot guarantee. We can anonymously conduct bitcoin transactions without the shadow of the government watching us. On the other hand, the government can easily track us when we use fiat currencies.

Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:24:40 PM

Well, if we look away from the constant market value change, theere are many good things that dollars simply cannot do.
Bitcoin is (kinda) anonymous. If you don't reveal yourself, no one knows who's behind the address. Good for multiple things.
Bitcoin can be sent anywhere in the entire world, and still be usable. US dollars are only usable in the US and are mostly worthless else in the world.

who cares
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:56:03 PM

The absence of other human involvement in the realization of exchange between two people.

It is a perfect form of anarchy. Order without power.

In addition to this, its transparency, its evolution system, its pseudo-anonymity, its speed, its reliability. Which are its technical characteristics.

Does the rest still depend on us? : D

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
Gallegher13

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:57:30 PM

I can use it online and if I just keep it the value of it may increase or decrease.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 751

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:23:24 PM

Earn more more (In Fiat Currency) from the same amount of money, trade with discreet, or use it to pay for goods or services in darknet markets, if you are into that. Only the first thing is what matters to me, at least.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:26:47 PM

The most important difference is you can(could) mine bitcoin, and other crypto's for that matter. Imagine being able to mine cash  Grin ... only governments and banks are able to achieve that right now. Also you can make payments much quicker than other options right now.
hich_ang

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:44:38 PM

I can travel around the world with a treasure in my pocket.
Kmrherradura05

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

soohi

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

Well my answer is simple, I can convert them into dollars with much huge amount rather than converting dollars to my fiat currency in my country. And that really matters because the value that bitcoin offers is much more compared to dollars alone.
Yes.,I agree with you., You can convert the Bitcoin into any other currency with a higher amount if convertion. While  in dollars to our own fiat currency in our own country the value of convertion is on its smaller amount. The value of bitcoin changes and increases rapidly. So I think in terms of converting it into cash you better choose Bitcoin.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:03:24 AM

Honestly, I can invest more on bitcoins and be actually rich compared to dollars which only gives forex investors a small margin of returns as compared to bitcoins. Plus, when you trade bitcoins, it's untraceable. It's untaxted (as of now) and is pretty easy to get a hold of it now, just know where and how to get coins.

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:21:43 AM

If you want a example, an example is when you are paying in a restaurant. Some restaurant bills have cents in their receipts. You have to pay more if you are paying in dollars but when you are using bitcoin, you can pay for the exact amount in bitcoin and that would be very useful. The difference of bitcoin and dollar is bitcoin is more secure because you are not carrying any bitcoin in the daily, so you cannot be robbed of bitcoin but if you are carrying cash there is still a risk of being robbed.
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:28:30 AM

I like that you can be your own bank with bitcoin.  Its easy to send and if you receive it, you know the money is yours and wont be clawed back.  There's a fixed amount of supply, so you know it can't be devalued by a government making more.
asy7

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:39:59 AM

Of course, Bitcoin value increased in several times, but big devaluation is still possible. Dollars are more sustainable.
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

I can think of one thing in this scenario,  when I have a $100 bill in my pocket, it's value doesn't changes no matter what happens but with bitcoins, I am guaranteed that as time passes, it's value will go up and I will make some good profit no matter how large or small.

ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:09:43 AM

The major thing is that i could send huge amounts of money to any parts of the world instantly P2P without any intermediary bank at a very low cost.For this,i need not have to deliver my personal details which is not possible with dollars.

Unless bitcoin gets regulated,i could enjoy tax free earnings from bitcoin without coming under the radar of government which is not possible with dollars.
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:16:47 AM

In my opinion bitcoin can provide incredible income for investors compared to dollar money because every year bitcoin will surely be many people who start to recognize it as one of the big enough asset for life so that the previous low price could have a significant increase.

BitcoinCurve~

Activity: 80
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:23:49 AM

Completely be your own bank.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:28:28 AM

At the moment it's easier to earn some bitcoins than dollars, at least I think so. And having dollars or any other fiat currency you are depending on your employer, banks and other financial institutions and always monitored in some way. With dollars you can't buy on darknet markets and with bitcoin you can. You don't have to pay taxes on bitcoin, it's lot of advantages and much less imitation than with using fiat currencies.

malaj
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:30:48 AM

In my opinion bitcoin can provide incredible income for investors compared to dollar money because every year bitcoin will surely be many people who start to recognize it as one of the big enough asset for life so that the previous low price could have a significant increase.

Common answer from you dude. Transaction fees is best solution can given bitcoin which is cannot be achieve the US dollars. If you do any international money transaction you will fill the high cost for the transaction you see for the bitcoin transaction and fiat transactions. All the money exchanges, online transfer medium cost you more than the fees you see in the bitcoin wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:35:37 AM

First, Bitcoin is five times riskier than the forex exchange therefore, it can give you more income. Second, every Bitcoin transaction is not taxable, it is not regulated by the government. You can save more if you are using Bitcoin rather than dollar. Lastly, since Bitcoin is decentralized, you can use it anonymously. You don't need proper identification.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: