Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?  (Read 1824 times)
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 03:18:43 AM

Bitcoin can be a form of great investment to its holder. Due to the volatility nature of Bitcoin (which is not seen in the USD), investors get to earn much profit during the price surge of Bitcoin on the market.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:28:50 AM

What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?

For starters, "TRANSFER". Transferring $1M worth of bitcoin can be done easily. No one's gonna question you on that if you want to transfer such amount to somebody else in another part of the world. Try transferring $1M through your bank and i'm sure you'll get a lot of questioning as a protocol.

Then "SECURITY". If that $1M transfer pushes through with the bank they get a trail of who is sending it, who is receiving it, why it is being sent and where exactly it will go. Do we really want that? It's more threatening to me really. But with bitcoin (with the exemption of course of KYC driven exchanges), we only talk about wallet to wallet transfer. One will not even know the country origin and destination. Bitcoin only needs your wallet address.

Lastly "APPRECIATION". When waqs the last did your dollar doubled its purchasing power? Whereas we all witnessed how bitcoin not only doubled, nor tripled its value, it went way overboard than that and it is expected to happen again as people continue to discover that advantage of bitcoin.

And these are only a few of the dozen things bitcoin has to offer over dollars (or any fiat currency for that).
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:39:31 AM

I think bitcoin can make payments without going through fiat currency transactions using fellow bitcoin currencies, there is no counterfeiting of many bitcoin currencies which falsify fiat currencies as personal gain and that I think violates the law

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
leavefifa

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:05:32 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money for everyone. We can work and collect Bitcoin anywhere. With Bitcoin, we can use our money to invest, thus giving us a better income opportunity if Bitcoin prices rise. With dollars, we can only use it to trade or keep it in our closet or in our bank account. This means that investing in Bitcoin can be profitable, but investing in dollars is not a good investment.
Sabana1952

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:29:04 PM

To me the only difference is Bitcoin is a digital currency while Gold is not, that's why they are almost just the same. What i can do to Bitcoin that can't do to Dollars is that i can save them to any exchanges even in my own PC.
Sabana1952

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:30:30 PM

To me the only difference is Bitcoin is a digital currency while Gold is not, that's why they are almost just the same. What i can do to Bitcoin that can't do to Dollars is that i can save them to any exchanges even in my own PC.
Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:22:06 AM

I think you are making it too difficult for you, of course bitcoin has other advantages over fiat currency, the main example is in terms of investment returns. this can be a difference that can't be done with dollars as you say. this is simple
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:25:29 AM

If you hold bitcoins for around five years, the original price might double or triple or even be ten times the original, on the other hand if you hold dollars for 5 years the price won't increase enough to make you a profit like bitcoin does.
We can touch dollar but bitcoin not. Thats one of the different but in this case we will not talk about that.
We are more concern about the vaue of something. Bitcoin can grow double in short day although it has a weakness being drop because its volatile. This is the most case why people stay in bitcoin. We want to try our luckiness.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:31:45 AM

To simply contribute to dollars or some other fiat and sit tight at its cost to get high relying upon the development or trade of it in the market. Bitcoin is likewise decentralized , so we could guarantee that no political angle could influence bitcoin uniquely the defilement and the rate in exchange isn't appropriate on bitcoin as far as little ventures.
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:23:50 AM

Bitcoin is a digital decentralized currency that can be sold ,bought, or traded like commodities . Bitcoin is different from dollars it is used to buy and purchase goods and services and it is a peer to peer technology and there is no third party involvement or any control of government . Bitcoin is created by the network and by mining process Bitcoin can purchase anything from all over the world since it is an online currency  but dollars are physical currency that can't be traded online .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:27:57 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

There are many possible use cases of bitcoin which dollar can never provide but we have to wait for the mass adoption and scaling of bitcoin for that. Bitcoin being decentralised has a lot of use cases and also you can gain on his volatilty too.
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:35:47 PM

Right now you can do almost everything with dollars, but crypto and with crypto I mean Bitcoins are the future of money, so one day Bitcoins will be able to buy you thinks your dollars would not be able to pay for. Buy you Bitcoins now and holding them for 10 or 20 years.
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:37:44 PM

There is a few advantage of bitcoin compared with any FIAT currency. Such as using bitcoin will accepted universal ,not just in some country. Secondly i can send  my btc to any other people in any country with a matter of minutes. Third and the most powerful is bitcoin has a great potential to become a main currency in the internet.
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 04:42:00 PM

The only thing I can say, compared to dollars, bitcoin has a great chance to increase its value in the near and long term. In the case of the dollar - this is impossible. Dollars only depreciate over time.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:58:36 PM

* Bitcoin is programmable - meaning you can freely build stuff on top it. I am not sure dollars or any fiat currency is capable of this.

* You mine Bitcoin yourself.  Government "mine" fiat currency for you.

* You actually own your Bitcoin(if you want) unlike Fiats.

* You can travel internationally with as much Bitcoin as your want without being harrassed by government officials.
baranovskaeirina

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:48:21 AM

The most interesting thing about it is that you can betray it anonymously and quickly anywhere in the world, and it will give rise to new technologies !
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

At the moment Dollars or fiats can do more or is more useful than cryptocurrencies. But if you consider cross-border payments with low fees, then sometimes cryptocurrencies are the winner, When the prices are low and the congestion is not much. Also using other coins might be beneficial in a congested period, but then you might have to convert it back to some well-known coins to get it converted to fiats.
stownbridge

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:08:36 PM

I know . that my bitcoin belongs to me. My dolar works for the bank and is in his power, to extradite him or detain him. In my opinion, bitcoin is the first intimate currency.
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:12:51 PM

At the moment Dollars or fiats can do more or is more useful than cryptocurrencies. But if you consider cross-border payments with low fees, then sometimes cryptocurrencies are the winner, When the prices are low and the congestion is not much. Also using other coins might be beneficial in a congested period, but then you might have to convert it back to some well-known coins to get it converted to fiats.

Well, for me there are things that bitcoin and fiat can't do that the other can do, they both have different ways how to spend and they both have advantages and disadvantages too.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
Seunbabatunde

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:14:04 PM

I can simply say in this analogy that Gold and Bitcoins are almost the same because you can invest your money here and wait for the price to rise. The only difference is Bitcoin is a digital currency while Gold is not, that's why they are almost just the same. What i can do to Bitcoin that can't do to Dollars is that i can save them to any exchanges even in my own phone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: