Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?  (Read 1824 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:36:56 AM

1. I can send Bitcoin anytime anywhere as long as I still connected with the Internet,

I can do that to fiats, what is the difference on the BTC than on FIAT? I guess the transaction time and the transaction fee.

2. You can make money with Bitcoin, because of the price of Bitcoin always changing,

The price of Fiats to other Fiats are also changing but not as quick or fast as Digital currencies. Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency the reason it is so volatile.

3. Bitcoin can be accepted around the world because every people already know Bitcoin,

Really? I don't think so. There are a lot of countries that is not allowing the regulation of Bitcoin, they banned Bitcoin in their countries so I don't think it is accepted around the world.

In terms of the Fiat, this is true though you still need to go to their Banks to convert your Money into their Fiat.

4. You can send a lot of money to somewhere with Bitcoin.

The reason why a lot of government are afraid of people that might take advantage of Bitcoin's decentralization and anonymity. They can commit money laundering or even have a transaction to criminals using this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:38:59 AM

What can you do with Bitcoins but can't do with Dollars?

That's a very interesting question. Obviously, the answer would depend on what you are using crypto for. In general though, it can be said that bitcoin in particular and cryptocurrencies in total are for those who don't want to have anything with the government. In practice, it means that you can safely hide your coins where no one will ever be able to find them unless you tell yourself (but then it is an entirely different matter). It seems pretty straightforward that you can't hide digital fiat, i.e. the money you keep in your bank account. But it is not much different with cash money either. You can actually hide it, but then you won't be able to get from anywhere. You will have to actually show up and visit your stash to use it. Crypto saves you from such headaches while saving you from the government eye at the same time.

This is what you can do with bitcoins and can't do with dollars, either digital or otherwise.
agimat

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:40:56 AM

With bitcoins i can invest in digital investment and i can sell it or trade it whenever the market price will increase in value of said coins, while dollors is not there is no chance the value will go up like bitcoins.
ErikDavis548

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:08:21 AM

I think Bitcoin is converted to dollars while trading. That is more reasonable when the dollar is accepted by many countries.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:10:46 AM

You can buy items in darknet, but i am advise to buy there something illegal.
you can bet on provably fair blockchain and smart contrcts based sites
I am sure available more what i dont know and this list will be rise only

ElijahJames623

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

With Bitcoin, I can do a lot of things. As every transaction of mine is subject to the dissemination of personal information. I can not be controlled by the competent political authorities. But with Dollar, all my transactions are subject to censorship by banks or the government.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:58:17 AM

If we are going to hold bitcoin that is called an investment and we can already gain it when the price increase so we need to be patience in waiting for the right price to sell. While in dollars we cannot gain on it by only holding holding dollars is called savings not an investment that was really a big difference on the field.

heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:02:56 AM

The difference with dollars and bitcoins is their accessibility. I can easily convert bitcoins into money without leaving the house, unlike dollars before I convert it into fiat in my country I need a money exchanger.
hykenz

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:30:00 AM

I think bitcoin can turn into dollars and can make more money
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:06:17 AM

If we are going to hold bitcoin that is called an investment and we can already gain it when the price increase so we need to be patience in waiting for the right price to sell. While in dollars we cannot gain on it by only holding holding dollars is called savings not an investment that was really a big difference on the field.
Yes I strongly agree on that, I believe that bitcoin is more amazing than dollars. We can make bitcoin as a direct investment while dollars is need to buy a coin before it will called as an investment. The bitcoin is amazing but we also need to take good care of using it for good.
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:33:02 AM

You can exchange or transfer a number of bitcoins through any border. Where you cannot do it through dollars and this is one of the benefits of bitcoin that the fact that no one can issue bitcoin in addition to any purpose. Cool
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

I think this you can see from all the transactions, when you use cryptocurrency like bitcoin everyone can see all transactions, while for the dollar it can't be seen by everyone and not only that the total supply of bitcoin and dollars is also very different.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

Long term investment.
In my opinion, this aspect can be done with bitcoin but can not be done with dollars. Well, maybe we can saving our dollars in bank, but it will be stagnan and when theres an inflation our asset value will be damaged with that. But, with bitcoin we can save our assets and can make a lot of profit at the same time.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:47:25 PM

Long term investment.
In my opinion, this aspect can be done with bitcoin but can not be done with dollars. Well, maybe we can saving our dollars in bank, but it will be stagnan and when theres an inflation our asset value will be damaged with that. But, with bitcoin we can save our assets and can make a lot of profit at the same time.

You can do the same with dollars too. Okay, maybe not with dollars as such but rather US government securities (so-called treasuries) but these are not much different from dollars in terms of liquidity. For example, you can buy treasury inflation-protected securities (aka TIPS) and earn some income over time.

The main difference between bitcoins and dollars is that bitcoins cannot be government-controlled and truly belong to you (as long as you use a personal wallet for storing your private keys, of course) while the dollars you have, both paper and digital, can be confiscated or simply declared no longer valid. And that can happen at any moment.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

I think this you can see from all the transactions, when you use cryptocurrency like bitcoin everyone can see all transactions, while for the dollar it can't be seen by everyone and not only that the total supply of bitcoin and dollars is also very different.
There are many things that we can do with bitcoin but cant do with dollar. We can easily convert bitcoin into any kind of fiat currency without the need of money changer. We can also used bitcoin freely without even knowing by the government.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

You can do payment with bitcoin without knowing anyone.
Can do payment with bitcoin cross border at very cheap rate as compared to dollars.
You can send minimum value of bitcoin to someone for example -- 0.00000001 btc and dollars decimal value is very high.
Correct me if i wrong..

sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:24:04 PM

Just like what other said the things that bitcoin can do but dollars cannot is that buying something without knowing anyone. You can also earn while holding it unlike when it is dollars.
Harz58

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:22:29 PM

There are a lot you can do with Bitcoins but can't with dollars. The two are both medium of exchange but they do not have exactly the same structure. Dollar has been here for decades if not centuries while Bitcoin is barely a decade old. The cost for Bitcoin transactions are really low while it'll take much more to process same value of transaction with the dollar. You don't hold need to hold any bulky item at hand when you use Bitcoin. But for the dollar you might have to hold the dollar bills.
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:02:43 PM

For example, earn a bitcoin on the growth, but that's not a fact, well, at least not to spend. Because if you have cash, then there is a big chance that you will spend it fast. But the bitcoin is still harder and worse, because there is great hope that it will grow...

Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:33:32 AM

If you hold 10 Dollars for 10 years, the only thing you still would be able to buy for it will be a single can of soda. While with coins is other way around. They don't lose value with years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: