Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:42:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinGPU (BTCGPU) - forked spinoff, new PoW, adjusting size cap, segwit  (Read 16222 times)
JamesBold

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:25:40 PM

They claim to have replay protection built-in

That reddit post was FUD.

I'm still skeptical, but here is their official response to reddit post:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnNlM1R2F3am9CeWc/view
saliha

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:27:13 PM

how can we mine it
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:49:53 PM

how can we mine it

Also wanted to know how to mine, the project is still being developed and maintained by someone?

OI
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:41:07 AM

how can we mine it

Also wanted to know how to mine, the project is still being developed and maintained by someone?

I asked them this on twitter a while back and was told by them they will set up a pool from day one so everyone can get started until more come online

Also I check the github repository occasionally and there is still active work being done the official repository is slightly behind the one the developer is working on and these changes get merged presumably when finished

Im still sceptical about the release dates though and expect it to be delayed although they have assured me its on schedule and won't be delayed 
karmanon

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:22:24 AM

What algo will it have? I heard about equhash. Am i right?
Neurolicious

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:48:14 AM

Yeah Equihash with shitton of Premine..
its a decent scam
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:46:46 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2017, 06:01:31 PM by tekmobile

Yeah Equihash with shitton of Premine..
its a decent scam

Its equihash and yes there was originally going to be a premine but this is now cut to a minimal period there is only 1 week from fork to release developers don't work for free

The main website has now been updated http://btcgpu.org/ and the fork block has been set at #491407
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:36:46 PM

Official pool website http://pool.gold/
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:42:22 PM

Do you actually know how we will end up claiming it then? Will we just have to do something simple like sign a transaction? Are we looking at more of an airdrop than a fork? I wish they were clearer, the team seems to be pretty absent from the community.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
okan1964

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:51:11 PM

here is the official thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2284289.0
mrdelacrua

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:52:51 PM

It's pity that they choose equihash but not ethash Sad Ethash has much less power consumption due to GPU core downvolting.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:37:05 PM

So basically another Alt coin using Equihash.

Long as it can be mined, I'm in.  Grin

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:51:33 PM

They are still claiming to have replay protection, but the fork is in 3 days and there's still no code. They literally just created a bounty for it 18 hours ago, not exactly a strong indication that it's ready.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
jesgatt

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:23:36 AM

I heard rumors that they will be giving 10 btcgpu for ever 1 btc. Is that true? I heard this on various sites and videos on Youtube.

Thanks
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:27:04 PM

I heard rumors that they will be giving 10 btcgpu for ever 1 btc. Is that true? I heard this on various sites and videos on Youtube.

Thanks

probably a result of the scam site that's trying to get your private key, i believe it claims you'll get up to 100btg bonus at launch.

obviously anyone with a brain knows you don't give your private key to anyone

edit:

scammers twitter:

https://twitter.com/btcgpu

Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:55:20 AM

What has happened to the BTCGPU website I keep getting "403 Forbidden" when trying to access the website ?
Also, is there a block exploer site for Bitcoin Gold, I can't find one.
Freelancer76

Activity: 386
Merit: 10

Hello fellow miners

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:48:05 PM

What has happened to the BTCGPU website I keep getting "403 Forbidden" when trying to access the website ?

Yeah, happening to me as well, prolly they are having visitors overload.
Btw, any news about how we can GPU mine it?
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

Has Anyone received any yet.

It Seems like no one yet has received their BTG either and it takes about 24 hours from the time of the fork. Undecided
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:19:50 PM

Yeah, happening to me as well, prolly they are having visitors overload.
Btw, any news about how we can GPU mine it?

Any Equihash miner can be used to mine Bitcoin Gold, but there are no pools, AFIK, open for mining Bitcoin Gold until 1st November.
There is info on what looks like the official Bitcoin Gold ANN page, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2284289.0
Micela13

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

I google for it, find some videos promoting pools but still not possible to mine it. My 1070 rigs will love this equihash algo for sure <3
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: