Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:26:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as Ransom  (Read 3081 times)
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:02:43 AM

What if you had, let's say....5000 Bitcoins in your custody and suddenly someone demanded it as a ransom in exchange for someone very important to you, would you make the exchange?
That's just crazy. Of course if somebody I loved was in danger I would pay it. That's just sitting there trying to come up with something to say on the floor I'm to create traffic.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:35:23 AM

What if you had, let's say....5000 Bitcoins in your custody and suddenly someone demanded it as a ransom in exchange for someone very important to you, would you make the exchange?

I that case there many possible things that you able to do, calling a police for proper decision for that case, the the question is would you make bitcoin to exchange maybe if there no other option I will do this things because what is the value of money if your love-one will die, I`m sure that no one can denied that you cannot do the same thing.

It is a logic and situational analysis we must to set the priority, what is the most important.

saekotye07

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:53:47 AM

absolutely yes because life is more important than bitcoin. you can still earn bitcoin but life of that important person you cant bring it back.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

Bitcoin would make an excellent thing to use for ransom seeing as it is pseudo-anonymous if the perpetrator was smart enough he could potentially hide his identity and never get caught. Tongue
nareshrohra

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:54:21 PM

If the close-one is not kidnapped, then may be I won't. I can get a hell lot of security for a fraction of bitcoins I have. Any moving to another country can also be an option

If the close-one is actually kidnapped, still maybe not. Unfortunately, professional kidnappers don't like to keep traces. I would inform the law enforcement along with exchanging the money.

ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

For me,At first life,then money. so i will easily exchange with them(ransomer).
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:43:52 PM

Before I pay, I make sure there is no other way I can take back my love one without paying ransom. I do not want to negotiate with criminals but if it involves my love ones, I'll give away my bitcoins in a heart beat. Bitcoins I can earn again but loves ones only have one life. They are more important than any form of money.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:45:04 PM

This question is fun! Well if this is the only way for me to ransom someone who is important to me, that's fine. Life is more important that Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be always earned. But Bitcoin should not be my life.  Lips sealed

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:18:13 AM

thats a huge amount of bitcoin well its really hard to let it go
but life vs money i would not dare take chances of losing someone dear to me
people we love are the reason why we do the things we are doing now
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:39:01 AM

Yes i can exchange my bitcoin for the important person in my life. Its just money you can earn it again. I think they cannot  do ransom and the exchange is bitcoin because they even know if you have lots of bitcoin unless they hack your bitcoin wallet.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:51:03 AM

thats a huge amount of bitcoin well its really hard to let it go
but life vs money i would not dare take chances of losing someone dear to me
people we love are the reason why we do the things we are doing now
this is indeed very difficult, but it is true for you, because we can not possibly keep the money from letting someone go, we can ransom and lose all the bitcoin we have and reunite with our loved ones, this is the step where we can work harder to recover our lost assets
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:00:37 AM

Why do you think satoshi nakamoto or these top bitcoin miners have hidden their original identity? The sole reason is such threats. There is always one person who is a step ahead of you. So try to conceal the fact that you own any bitcoin as much as possible. It is not anything like discouraging bitcoin but just taking your safety precautions. By the way yes I would give the ransom if the person is important to me.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:14:15 AM

wow its a hard question, i have a question too how the kidnapper know about my 5000 bitcoins? is he targeted my bitcoin from beginning or what?
i think my answer is yes, i will meet kidnapper physically and do transaction in that time, to exchange bitcoin with my beloved people, and after that i will call the cops and tell the cops what happen. and i hope the kidnapper will caught

bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:16:32 AM

This is a complete side-note and slightly off-topic, but I read about the DB Cooper case yesterday and it is fascinating. The guy hijacked an airplane in 1971 and got away with $200,000. Although, they believe there is no way he would have survived. If Bitcoin existed back then he could have used that instead of the cash money. hahaha

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:52:20 AM

5000 Btc is a huge amount of money, But still I would choose it as a ransom, even if it cost more than that. But I will also find another way to keep my loved ones and bitcoin/money safe at the same time. I believe there is still a way, even in the hard times. Because some kidnappers are traitor, even if we give our money to them they will still kill the person we loved, so we always need to find another way.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:29:37 AM

By the word custody it mens that the bitcoins are not mine and I have captured someones's BTC that to 5000 BTC which is very large amount i.e. nearly 19363400.00 US Dollar in today's market and if someone demands it as ransome in exchange for someone very important to me, then I will definately do the deal as for such huge amount of cash anyone could hurt my loved one and for me Life is more percious than Money.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:41:21 AM

I'd hunt that MF and let him eat lead.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:13:47 AM

I think this is not possible because how would the kidnapper know that I am a member of a bitcoin community or that I am holding a bitcoin when I am not identifiable in my account. And also, it I cannot find someone who can exchange his bitcoins with mine for a big amount so I think this is not possible. Lastly, why wouldn’t the kidnapper like a true money anyway?

Lillian89

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:45:37 AM

Among the most important rules with Bitcoin to anyone is that you have a lot of Bitcoin used as a tool to ask from anyone in a ransom form. Of course, life may be more important so we will not blame anyone who can demand Bitcoin in exchange for the life of someone close to us.
The tendency is that even your family will brag about what you earn for your relatives or even some friends there. is not easy to earn especially in low class society
daadi059

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:46:47 AM

In many cases the kidnappers never receive their ransom and are either arrested if killed by a police force trying to free those kidnapped. I want to let the police handle it rather than pay the ransom because you are never sure they will drop the lover.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: