Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what a screw you to AMD users from Nicehash  (Read 2444 times)
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 06:40:51 PM

Why even mine on nicehash? There are a lot Multialgo Profitswitching pools out on which you can make a much better peofit...
Any examples? I use NH quite a bit, as peeps have said, it does save a lot of faffing, admittedly for a fee.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:49:37 PM

Why even mine on nicehash? There are a lot Multialgo Profitswitching pools out on which you can make a much better peofit...

The best profit you get with dual mine eth+dec
D3legacy

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:55:32 PM

The best profit you get with dual mine eth+dec
Well for example etc is often more profitable than eth. So look for a multiminer that switches for most profitable coin. Miningpoolhub for example

yobigd20

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

Just mine your coins directly and avoid Nicehash. You are losing alot of money to them due to fees.

Is Nicehash really that bad? Opinions on them appear to differ depending on who you ask.

I just ran my own tests using nicehash and the payouts were about 30% less than just mining the coins directly.  Nicehash is junk. Or they are stealing your shares. In either case don't use it unless you're ok with 30% less profits.
yobigd20

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:36:26 PM

Oh btw trying to chase profits by pool hopping or using nicehash or multi miners to pool hop and only mine "the most profitable right now" doesn't work the way it seems. First, almost all altcoins use PPLNS distribution algorithm. This negatively affects pool hoppers since the profits are averaged with previous rounds you've mined (or rather, not mined). . You'll earn about 30% less. Second , it's even exacerbated by the fact tbat all these multi miners all switch to the same coin at the same time instantaneously driving up the difficulty spiking it to a point that much less blocks are found and tada once again less profits for you.  Oh and on top of that, the sheer act of continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to different coins/pools means more downtime aka less profits. Plus if you don't have specific OC for each algorithm then again less profits. You'll make much more money picking a good coin and mining it directly and just sticking with it vs any of this auto switching software.
preda

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:49:20 PM

Oh btw trying to chase profits by pool hopping or using nicehash or multi miners to pool hop and only mine "the most profitable right now" doesn't work the way it seems. First, almost all altcoins use PPLNS distribution algorithm. This negatively affects pool hoppers since the profits are averaged with previous rounds you've mined (or rather, not mined). . You'll earn about 30% less. Second , it's even exacerbated by the fact tbat all these multi miners all switch to the same coin at the same time instantaneously driving up the difficulty spiking it to a point that much less blocks are found and tada once again less profits for you.  Oh and on top of that, the sheer act of continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to different coins/pools means more downtime aka less profits. Plus if you don't have specific OC for each algorithm then again less profits. You'll make much more money picking a good coin and mining it directly and just sticking with it vs any of this auto switching software.

I mine with nicehash and i earn the same if i mine directly the coin. Maybe 1% less not 20%
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:39:42 PM

Just mine your coins directly and avoid Nicehash. You are losing alot of money to them due to fees.

Is Nicehash really that bad? Opinions on them appear to differ depending on who you ask.

Their profitability varies a lot - sometimes good, sometimes bad, depending on what folks are offering on their market for each specific algorithm at the time - and they are OFTEN high profit on one and low on another.

Keep in mind they are a MARKET for hash, not a pool as such.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:58:28 PM

I mine with nicehash and i earn the same if i mine directly the coin. Maybe 1% less not 20%

That means the buyer of your hash earns the same as you without power bill. Minus nicehash fees.

preda

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:58:27 PM

That means the buyer of your hash earns the same as you without power bill. Minus nicehash fees.

i am not so sure about it. it depends you lose about 2% mining on nicehash than directly the coin i can tell youi this because i have 4 identical rigs 2 mining on nicehash and 2 mining on ethermine pool and they earn the same at the end of every month
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:29:18 AM

Try mining something that not everyone else is mining, much more fun, much more profitable. Just not necessarily here and now.
One of the best tips i can tell you it to jump into the pool the pooh hoppers have just left...difficuly suddenly drops, and you can mine some serious volume, then when they return the price goes up....
As with all things, it takes a certain "nack" but it's so much more fun.
D3legacy

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

Try mining something that not everyone else is mining, much more fun, much more profitable. Just not necessarily here and now.
One of the best tips i can tell you it to jump into the pool the pooh hoppers have just left...difficuly suddenly drops, and you can mine some serious volume, then when they return the price goes up....
As with all things, it takes a certain "nack" but it's so much more fun.
And how do you do that? Which miner are you using?

Xenomole

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:38:55 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 06:56:07 PM by Xenomole

i realize this thread is about NH, however, I just wanted to let people know my experience and benefit. I used NH for a while...the new 2.0 version was an improvement over the older one that crashed for me on some coins...then I tried WinMiner...and never looked back...WinMiner makes me MORE money than NH, and is much more stable and seems to work much better...at least for me.

Payouts are to Paypal, iTunes Gift card, BTC, or ETH. You can go with Paypal for fiat payout if you wish, but you have to dox yourself to do so (they want name, address, etc)

You can choose your base fiat currency into which your mining is immediately sold, so you keep a stable fiat total, but then when you withdraw into BTC or ETH they have to buy the coins and send them to you, and you pay exchange fees. But they are working on adding cryptos as a base currency, so you can have your mining saved in BTC for example, so you save the exchange costs, but are then open to value fluctuations against fiat.

site: http://winminer.com/

thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0

I do not work for them nor involved with them...im just a happy customer who wanted to share my experience with others...try it out and see if it makes you more money than NH.
preda

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

i realize this thread is about NH, however, I just wanted to let people know my experience and benefit. I used NH for a while...the new 2.0 version was an improvement over the older one that crashed for me on some coins...then I tried WinMiner...and never looked back...WinMiner makes me MORE money than NH, and is much more stable and seems to work much better...at least for me.

Payouts are to Paypal, iTunes Gift card, BTC, or ETH. You can go with Paypal for fiat payout if you wish, but you have to dox yourself to do so (they want name, address, etc)

You can choose your base fiat currency into which your mining is immediately sold, so you keep a stable fiat total, but then when you withdraw into BTC or ETH they have to buy the coins and send them to you, and you pay exchange fees. But they are working on adding cryptos as a base currency, so you can have your mining saved in BTC for example, so you save the exchange costs, but are then open to value fluctuations against fiat.

I do not work for them nor involved with them...im just a happy customer who wanted to share my experience with others...try it out and see if it makes you more money than NH.

well i follow and i tried winminer since the first day... but the payments are always 10% less than mining with nicehash. with nicehash i getting 18 euro day same rigs with winminer i get 16
D3legacy

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:51:27 PM

Well that sounds interesting i think ill give it a try! Thank you for sharing your experienxe with winminer miningpool

Xenomole

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:20:51 PM

Any examples? I use NH quite a bit, as peeps have said, it does save a lot of faffing, admittedly for a fee.

my favorite at this time is prohashing.com . They autoswitch Scrypt and X11 coins. I think they froze new applicants at this time due to system overload, but keep trying they will open it back up sooner or later. They have issues with uptime sometimes, so make sure you have a backup 2nd and 3rd choice on your miner to fall back on so you arent wasting electricity mining to a dropped connection. They let you set payout in any of dozens of coins to choose from, auto-converting to your chosen coin (if one) or coins (you can choose more than one and the % proportion)

My second is hash-to-coins.com (aka H2C). They auto switch Scrypt coins only. Also, they do NOT autoconvert to other coins...you build up a balance in dozens of coins as the pool switches. If you like to keep diversified coinage, this is good for you. If you prefer payouts in one coin, you will have to go through the manual process to withdraw the coins to your favorite exchange or via something like shapeshift.io or changelly.com and convert them to what you want to hold on to. Obviously this can be a pain so in this case prohashing is best.

Next is multipool.us . They auto switch SHA-256, Scrypt, and X11 coins, along with their corresponding merge-mined coins. Like Hash-to-coins they do NOT autoconvert to a payout coin, so you will end up with a variety of coins as the pool switches. They have a much smaller coin selection for each algo than prohashing or H2C, but they do offer SHA-256 switching (including between BTC and BCH as the difficulty swings make one more profitable than the other), which the two pools above do not. (As an aside, pool.viabtc.com also offers autoswitching between BTC and BCH).

each has its own fee structure, so review them to see what fits best. H2C has 0% fees, but have a donation % you can set when withdrawing coins.

Hope this helps.
Chipychop

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:31:20 PM

for example? I'm almost newbie on that
Xenomole

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:37:58 PM

for example? I'm almost newbie on that

see my post #35 above yours Smiley
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 11:54:37 PM

One simple technique i do to maximize profitability is manually switching from NiceHash to Claymore.

When BTC value dips, i switch to nicehash. When BTC value is up, i switch to claymore dual ETH/SIA.
This way, its like im already trading while mining. Youre welcome. Cool

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:50:47 AM

So who are the actual buyers of the hash from nicehash, and others?

I've bought BTC hash from nice hash in the past, but that was part of a speculative lottery-type pool.  Who is actually buying alt-coin hash?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:08:28 AM

So who are the actual buyers of the hash from nicehash, and others?

I've bought BTC hash from nice hash in the past, but that was part of a speculative lottery-type pool.  Who is actually buying alt-coin hash?

The people that place bids in the Nicehash marketplace are the hash buyers - when their bid is high enough to go active.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: