Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (BOUNTY: 2BTC & Dirt3 Game) Get Afterburner or Similar running on quadfire  (Read 7666 times)
ND

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 06:32:23 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2011, 10:46:45 PM by ND

he already tried that, no luck  Embarrassed

I found this post with the same problem (4 cards, 3 xfx and 1 his) and i think the 4th card is the problem: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346175

look at post #10, somehow 4 reference cards (i think the problem is XFX cards) can screw the setup and you need 1 non reference card for it to work. This can explain your problem with trixx and afterburner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrianH

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:15:28 AM

Try Beta 4. It was just released today. It fixed the PowerTune problem. You can read about bug fixes and report bugs in the Guru3D thread. That is your best chance for a fix.

mike85123 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:02:35 AM

Beta 4 was released a few days ago. That was one of the first things I tried. Thank for the thought though. What does everyone else do with quad fire setups?Huh
mike85123 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:39:38 PM

Anyone able to do this? I found this guy on youtube that did it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGIZOO-HYY).

What is everyone with 4 card setups doing (other than linux)Huh

Will up my bounty to 2 BTC for a fast fix!

I have one machine running using CCC, but it is inconsistent and can't OC/UC like I want.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:12:12 PM

Are you using dummy heads or are you just switching monitors around? Try taking off the crossfire bridge and running each card individually.

As in -- Plug your monitor into card 1, adjust it with msi afterburner, switch to card 2, adjust, switch to card 3, adjust, switch to card 4, adjust. Otherwise, you might want to grab dummyheads/make 'em yourself for the solution.

That'd would be how I'd go about it. Remember, each card has it's OWN max clock rate (hardware quality differs between cards), so that's why I run each card by it's self. (I can have 1 card clocked to 1000 mhz, another clocked at 990, another clocked at 975..etc)

mike85123 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 08:43:09 PM

Are you using dummy heads or are you just switching monitors around? Try taking off the crossfire bridge and running each card individually.

As in -- Plug your monitor into card 1, adjust it with msi afterburner, switch to card 2, adjust, switch to card 3, adjust, switch to card 4, adjust. Otherwise, you might want to grab dummyheads/make 'em yourself for the solution.

That'd would be how I'd go about it. Remember, each card has it's OWN max clock rate (hardware quality differs between cards), so that's why I run each card by it's self. (I can have 1 card clocked to 1000 mhz, another clocked at 990, another clocked at 975..etc)

Using null vga adapters on all but the one with the monitor.  windows sees all of the cards (I can even control all of the cards with CCC, but it is so inconsistent).  Afterburner won't even start up, so I can't do what you are suggesting by trying each card.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 03:12:07 AM

Mike,

I found a workaround to my problem.  It should work for you as well.  It's a bit of a hack, but it works.

Here's what I did:

download AOCLBF: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10264.0

keep a downloaded copy around somewhere.

Install it as instructed (basically place the 3 files into your guiminer filder location).

You DON'T have to use this miner for mining, but it will allow you to OC and set fans Smiley

The very first time you run it, it will ask you how many miners to create.  I specify the number of GPUs, not the cards, so for the 2 6990 + 6850, I tell it to create 5.

You will see "client tabs" (ignore these for the moment) and a tab for each GPU.  Here I use the GPU-related tabs to set my clocks and fans.  I answer "no" to setting on next startup.

After I OC the way I want, I simply start my usual miners.  I do not use the AOCLBF for mining (at least not yet).

Here comes the tricky part.  On next restart/reset, this program most likely will not detect your GPUs correctly.  This is probably why MSI Afterburner, trixc and others don't work either.

What I do at this point is delete all the files related to AOCLBF (this includes a clocks.xxx file) and reboot.

After reboot I repeat the install process and keep going.

Smiley

I hope this solves your issue Mike.

If this helps, feel free to send me that bounty, but I won't cry if you don't: 15KwcqgcxjsXx6XGJgv56Ps6AjbeQP3Ge5

AV

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 04:18:41 PM

mike85123
The offer still stands?
I know how to solve the problem.
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 01:52:15 AM

Just switch to CGminer and drop afterburnner or trixx.
Cgminer has fan/clock/core and other controls built in. if you need help on the setup, let me know.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████