Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex: Still safe ?  (Read 2267 times)
KriptiKranium

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:53:29 AM

Hi All!

How long did it take to get your account verified on Polo? I signed up today and submitted all of the identity requests(pic of ID, picture of me with ID).

Thank you!

mascondante
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:57:10 AM

FWIW my friend has told me he advises against it as they still owe him ETH and won't respond to his support requests. I don't know anything else beyond that. Others sing it's praises so just keep in mind YMMV.

intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:59:12 AM

Poloniex is suck I emailed them a support until now more than 4 months still not reply
intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

FWIW my friend has told me he advises against it as they still owe him ETH and won't respond to his support requests. I don't know anything else beyond that. Others sing it's praises so just keep in mind YMMV.
They will never reply customers email
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:03:40 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 01:17:11 AM by b4h4mu7

Shittrex and Crapoliex are both ponzi schemes and IMO honeypots. Good luck getting your coins off either of them without a DNA sample, birth certificate, photo ID and hair sample.

I've been using both since they launched, mainly Shittrex over Crapoliex since they had more currency pairings and didn't impose withdrawal limits. Shittrex's charts  and order depths haven't been working for a year now, bot trading dominates the order books, execution time is shit and the support now takes 2-3 months to get a reply unless your support ticket has "wire transfer" in subject. On top of that they delist coins without notice or reasoning.

Shittrex used to have amazing customer support, were friendly to developers and their respective communities and had a functional site but now since volume has been moving over to Shittrex from Crapoliex they've completely shit on their customers. As someone whose been using them and promoting them longer than most people on this forum and I can unequivocally state, stay as far away from them as possible.

Crypto-to-crypto exchanges shouldn't be asking for verifications when they aren't dealing in fiat.. bottom line. Second, withdrawal limits aren't required by any law that I can think of.. it's an internal decision. They are trying to act like banks yet none of your coins are insured by any global agency or insurance company. If they get hacked and you lose your coins.. good luck finding any recourse with a 2-3 month support ticket window. I look for exchanges with no withdrawal limits because I don't like keeping any funds on exchanges. On top of losing funds, you have to worry about what hackers do when they know your address, driver's license, BTC net worth and other government related documents. The threat of that data being sold on the darknet to some criminal organization is much too great for me to consider giving up privacy for some bullshit security. If you don't think some fucked up criminal syndicate is looking to target individual bitcoin whales for extortion/kidnapping or some other hectic shit, then you live in a fantasy world.

We as a cryptocommunity need to fully boycott Shittrex and Crapoliex and move our volume to another exchange in protest of their attempts at subverting peer-to-peer trading by becoming a pseudo-bank. I'm a huge advocate for individual privacy as its a basic human right and what these exchanges are doing is completely unacceptable by any standard. There are much better exchanges out there. Hitbtc.com for example, is a UK-based exchange, has been around since 2013 and it's interface makes trading on Shittrex and Crapoliex feel like you've gone back in time to 1999 waiting for the internet to crash. They don't have any withdrawal limits or verification for crypto-to-crypto exchanges you only need to verify your account if you want to withdraw or deposit fiat. Binanace.com is my second runner up, it's ran by the guys who started OKcoin.com so they know wtf they are doing. They have a 50BTC per day withdrawal limit and no ID verification because they don't use fiat. The only other drawback besides the 50BTC is they offer less coin pairings.

Enough is enough we need to protest with our coins against these bullshit ponzi honey pots. They aren't banks. Bitcoin was invented as an alternative to clearing houses and financial institutions. By supporting these exchanges, you might as well be supporting one of the big banks at least your money is insured with the banks. Vote with your coins and move funds off them before they are stuck there for the foreseeable future.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:07:34 AM

Is Poloniex still a good trading site ? Recently i engaged in investing my money in poloniex and since the price drops i didn't sell my tradings yet and i was shocked when i found out that my tradings were already withdrawn from my account without notifying me on my on email. Any thoughts guy ? I need help Sad
Poloniex exchange is very safe unless you didn't put 2FA authentication on your account, Verify your poloniex account and enable 2fa authentication and store the 2fa code on your safety email inbox or computer and install google authenticator maybe you didn't use 2fa that's why the hacker withdrawed your money you can file a ticket on poloniex it is user friendly and put a proof that your money withdrawn by hackers.
acpr23

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:28:00 AM

In my experience in trading at poloniex they have now a much better support than bittrex maybe because the volume has shifted in ttrex, btc withdrawal also are cheaper in polo with only 10k sats compared to 100k of ttrex, i recently had a problem in ttrex as my eth withdrawal has gone missing but after 2 days thet refunded it.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:33:57 AM

The polo exchange is currently experiencing payment problems for investors and all investors are eager to withdraw money out of it, as they are unable to manage interest rates from margin functions so leading to the situation. If you can I recommend you transfer all the assets to other exchanges

HomeToken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Not too sure, withdrew my coins from Poloniex some time ago just to be safe. Cheesy

mascondante
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:56:08 AM

They will never reply customers email

Glad to get confirmation from another person that if something goes wrong and you need help you're screwed.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:41:16 AM

Is Poloniex still a good trading site ? Recently i engaged in investing my money in poloniex and since the price drops i didn't sell my tradings yet and i was shocked when i found out that my tradings were already withdrawn from my account without notifying me on my on email. Any thoughts guy ? I need help Sad

if you never activate 2fa then your account can be a victims to be hacking because i have this bad experience in 2015 but after i send a ticket, support system tells me that i need to activate 2fa and increase my level by sending document for verification. if you still have a coins, you are not yet increase your level and you are not use 2fa then i suggested to you to activate it, sending your document to poloniex to increase until level 3.

Hi All!

How long did it take to get your account verified on Polo? I signed up today and submitted all of the identity requests(pic of ID, picture of me with ID).

Thank you!

i think for verification not take too long maybe 2-5 days it will be complete and your level can increase, i recommended to reach until level 3 because you're total amount for withdraw more bigger. don't forget to activate 2fa too.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 05:49:43 AM

Hi All!

Thank you!

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks and not even received an estimate of how long it will take. I take this to be a bad sign of how they run their business and will not be using Poloniex if/when they ever do verify the account.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KriptiKranium

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:34:32 PM

if you never activate 2fa then your account can be a victims to be hacking because i have this bad experience in 2015 but after i send a ticket, support system tells me that i need to activate 2fa and increase my level by sending document for verification. if you still have a coins, you are not yet increase your level and you are not use 2fa then i suggested to you to activate it, sending your document to poloniex to increase until level 3.

Hi All!

Thank you!

i think for verification not take too long maybe 2-5 days it will be complete and your level can increase, i recommended to reach until level 3 because you're total amount for withdraw more bigger. don't forget to activate 2fa too.

Thank you very much! I will do all of that!

evski

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:41:52 PM

i wouldnt trust this exchange, have heard to many complaints
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:06:02 AM

I have no reason to doubt them at this time. I haven't seen anything lately that is popped up in my mind making them more or less reliable than before. I have nothing against that website I just don't use it that much, for some reason I fell into using Novi exchange a lot. But I do have a cat at the other exchanges because they have some coins that Nova doesn't deal with.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:07:56 AM

I have no reason to doubt them at this time. I haven't seen anything lately that is popped up in my mind making them more or less reliable than before. I have nothing against that website I just don't use it that much, for some reason I fell into using Novi exchange a lot. But I do have a cat at the other exchanges because they have some coins that Nova doesn't deal with.

The only one that I really avoid if I can is yobit, they seem to play a lot of games like setting very high fees and withdrawal limits on coins they don't want to have movement on and putting coins in the maintenance that they don't want to have moved around. That's their prerogative and there's no regulation or laws against it, I totally understand why they do it too, but when I have clients to I can't be dealing with that that kind of stuff.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Saoha

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:51:30 AM

Poloniex is still the largest trading platform. For me it is still the most volumn. I still participate and withdraw normally, receive soon after. Beside Poloniex, Bitrrex is a good choice. Because Bitrrex always updates the new coin that Poloniex does not have. However Bitrrex does not have a margin
likidis

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:09:59 AM

Today, my loan was renew for another 2 days and i have to paid lendnig fee for the past one. And auto-renew was off!!!!! They still take my funds Sad
Friday78

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:36:06 AM

No
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:49:12 AM

Hi All!

Thank you!

It takes probably a week. If it's still not finished by then, open a ticket.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: