Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:37:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber’s New CEO Is a Bitcoin Fan  (Read 1504 times)
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:09:55 AM

I assume sooner or later Uber will be issuing it's own tokens for the payments within its platform. It would make things easier.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:29:13 AM

Interesting article about Uber's New CEO. Looks like Uber might be taking bitcoin soon.

http://fortune.com/2017/08/30/uber-ceo-dara-khosrowshahi-bitcoin/
wow this is a big news , one of fans Bitcoin become CEO Uber , i'm sure he will involve Bitcoin in the company at payment or stock of Uber Company , i can not wait to see the Uber developments after being in Mr Dara Khosrowshahi hands ..

MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:49:24 AM

This is good news but i still think paying uber with BTC is still a waste of investment since you have to pay transaction fee each time you pay UBER.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:20:29 PM

We are not sure if he will actively support Bitcoin when he is in the office or not but is doing so then it would definitely help Bitcoin to grow in terms of users. The average number of Uber rides in 1 million rides every day, so even if 10% of them starts paying in Bitcoin, it will build awareness about Bitcoin and crypto-payments.

I am sure in next 5 years, we will have major online and offline stores accepting Bitcoin as a payment method against goods and services.

It's not about the CEO actively supports Bitcoin, i think it's about the idea of bitcoin or virtual money which can be used on Uber as a form of payment and services. Since, uber is popular and a lot of users who actively supports uber's services it's possible that virtual money integration on Uber will be done.

Its a welcoming news really is she is fan of bitcoin, but it is different when you are running a big company and you have to exclude your personal belief here and not just implement it in your company. And I highly doubt that that the board or directors will allowed here, they may even kick her out if she insist on it. I know I also want to see Uber accepts bitcoin as mode of payment because it would be very practical for most of us who used their service. But I don't think that it is simple as flipping a coin and instantly the company supports it because their CEO is a bitcoin enthusiast.

That's it. This is not an ordinary decision for Uber as they might suffer a loss if they decide to accept Bitcoin as a payment method because it is volatile in terms of price. I believe most of the companies are worried about the price volatility and hence they are keeping themselves on the wait and watch mode.

Not just Uber but any multinational company is looking to adopt new technology which could save their cost but when it comes to the cryptocurrencies, it is still in beta phase so it will take some time for these giants to actively support Bitcoin as a payment method.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:28:30 PM

The new CEO of Uber a bitcoin enthusiast is a good news. This might lead to an addition of bitcoin to the current services. In the past in similar manner Expedia started to accept bitcoin as a payment and in a short the service was stopped. This happened, because they didn't get profit through it as expected. If there is no perfect plan, then the same might happen with Uber.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DreamTeamGG

Activity: 431

DreamTeam Token

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:55:39 PM

I think a possibility of pay for a ride by Bitcoins will not be able in the near future. Maybe in 5-7 years.

DreamTeam - Infrastructure Platform and Payment Gateway for Esports and Gaming.

DreamTeam is the ultimate teambuilding and skill-growing platform that solves problems for hundreds of millions of gamers who want to find teammates, improve skills, manage teams, and earn money. And with the unlocking of blockchain and smart contract technologies, DreamTeam is building a one-of-a-kind payment gateway for players, teams, tournaments, and sponsors.
milenium

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:05:07 PM

Interesting article about Uber's New CEO. Looks like Uber might be taking bitcoin soon.

And how will this be realized?
I understand when we add our credit card to our uber account, and they withdraw money from her later.

But we can not add bitcoin wallet to the account.

How will this work?
Devilcheg

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:09:15 PM

And how will this be realized?
I understand when we add our credit card to our uber account, and they withdraw money from her later.

But we can not add bitcoin wallet to the account.

How will this work?

Most likely you can be credited to your account bitcoin, and specify that for the trip the money is taken from your uber account.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:16:47 PM

i love to heard about it, but... uber driver in my country maybe not "daily" tech user, even for using phone for uber they need some training in 1-2 month, still after few train they still confuse about the app, so yeah not really hype about this one  Tongue but still this good news, especially Singapore, Japan, and Korean. They really accept any latest tech update  Cheesy

Spinbackup

Activity: 70

SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 02:25:04 PM

Though Dara Khosrowshahi is a crypto currency fan, it doesn't mean he will be able to implement the BTC payment worldwide for Uber users. The payment procedure depends on the local law and the financial regulation - I don't think you should be much enthusiastic about this.

justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:12:45 AM

I assume sooner or later Uber will be issuing it's own tokens for the payments within its platform. It would make things easier.
Oh… a bitcoin fan you said? That’s  really nice,  and you expect them to start issuing  out a tokens ?  Man that’s  really crazy. Do you think the CEO will just come up with decision like that,  without letting the board of directors know about it ?

Don’t  you know there are people that makes decisions in the company and not just the CEO, and these people might as well not be bitcoin fans.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:15:26 AM

We are not sure if he will actively support Bitcoin when he is in the office or not but is doing so then it would definitely help Bitcoin to grow in terms of users. The average number of Uber rides in 1 million rides every day, so even if 10% of them starts paying in Bitcoin, it will build awareness about Bitcoin and crypto-payments.

I am sure in next 5 years, we will have major online and offline stores accepting Bitcoin as a payment method against goods and services.

It's not about the CEO actively supports Bitcoin, i think it's about the idea of bitcoin or virtual money which can be used on Uber as a form of payment and services. Since, uber is popular and a lot of users who actively supports uber's services it's possible that virtual money integration on Uber will be done.

Its a welcoming news really is she is fan of bitcoin, but it is different when you are running a big company and you have to exclude your personal belief here and not just implement it in your company. And I highly doubt that that the board or directors will allowed here, they may even kick her out if she insist on it. I know I also want to see Uber accepts bitcoin as mode of payment because it would be very practical for most of us who used their service. But I don't think that it is simple as flipping a coin and instantly the company supports it because their CEO is a bitcoin enthusiast.

That's it. This is not an ordinary decision for Uber as they might suffer a loss if they decide to accept Bitcoin as a payment method because it is volatile in terms of price. I believe most of the companies are worried about the price volatility and hence they are keeping themselves on the wait and watch mode.

Not just Uber but any multinational company is looking to adopt new technology which could save their cost but when it comes to the cryptocurrencies, it is still in beta phase so it will take some time for these giants to actively support Bitcoin as a payment method.
I am not directly saying that uber will implement bitcoin as is but the idea of bitcoin may give them ideas to implement a coin or a new cryptocurrency coin exclusively to UBER to support the payment method.
This is an open opportunity for them to expand more and attract more users, i think UBER will not just stay as is to their services and they might open other type of business which can make their coin( if they will make one) more exclusive.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:44:13 PM

Oh… a bitcoin fan you said? That’s  really nice,  and you expect them to start issuing  out a tokens ?  Man that’s  really crazy. Do you think the CEO will just come up with decision like that,  without letting the board of directors know about it ?

Don’t  you know there are people that makes decisions in the company and not just the CEO, and these people might as well not be bitcoin fans.
There is a great possibility that this might happen. Without the support of other seniors, it is not possible for CEO alone to take such big actions. Nobody can risk the grudge of his employees and other colleagues. Also, if Uber has accepted bitcoins that implies, many of them are already in love with bitcoins.
Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:47:52 PM

This would definitely be interesting for Uber, especially for the fact that they've been reported to be sinking... Some drivers already accept Bitcoin tips. We'll see how this plays out, time will tell.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

Good news! Just the fact that there would be a "bitcoin accepted here" sign inside of the uber would be a good thing. Many people would look that up.

I see paypal accepted here signs on a lot of places and people have commented sometimes asking what it is(i am nosey and listen to conversations sometimes, hah!).

Will be cool! Uber is an innovation and people who use them would be more likely to check out bitcoin as an innovation.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:57:58 AM

The new CEO of Uber a bitcoin enthusiast is a good news. This might lead to an addition of bitcoin to the current services. In the past in similar manner Expedia started to accept bitcoin as a payment and in a short the service was stopped. This happened, because they didn't get profit through it as expected. If there is no perfect plan, then the same might happen with Uber.

Exactly. I personally would love for Uber to do this, simply because it would make my life a little easier from time to time (actually its still easier to use a Shift card). But it should be inside the app, as a payment option. Bitcoin without a payment portal (coinbase, bitpay) is a cumbersome thing, and anything more cumbersome that a card swipe is not going to be favored, if just for the sake of speed.

Placing signs in the cars might make more people aware of bitcoin, but wont necessarily fuel adoption. Knowing about bitcoin isnt the same as actually having bitcoin. And people that buy bitcoin (new adopters) arent looking to spend it; they are holding to speculate.

But like I said, this would be great for those that already have bitcoin, and use Uber frequently.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:26:54 AM

This is good news but i still think paying uber with BTC is still a waste of investment since you have to pay transaction fee each time you pay UBER.

But Uber comes out with their internal wallet and you need to deposit some bitcoins in their wallet and use them whenever you want it without any charges. That means you need to pay transaction fee only one time when you load your account after that no fee. This method needs you to deposit your Bitcoin to their site first and some people may not like this method.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:34:21 AM

IF people want to protect their privacy by using bitcoin instead of paypal, then i think that fee is still worth it. Of course it is quite absurd for anyone to pay $5 extra on their trip if they have paypal anyways, but imo this is just giving people more room to choose from.

If bitcoiners don't have paypal or debit card funds, then they can just pay via bitcoin.

Uber's CEO ran expedia before which also accepted bitcoin, so i'm really confident in saying that we'll see some sort of BTC integration with uber soon.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:36:26 AM

Someone is brewing something, maybe another ICO and a new altcoin to be used by Uber for their riding passengers, with an option not only bitcoin for payment.

Well true, maybe soon we will able to travel with the use of bitciin if you lack of paper money where you will. I think it is a good idea where in a fan of bitcoin may share its capabilities to the field where he is, maybe soon if that happened different company may be used into it then soon be a fan also of bitcoin.
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:18:57 AM

That's a good news. It's so interesting. Now they can be eligible payment with bitcoin. If they eligible it than it will be great.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: