Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:07:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Student without much $$$  (Read 1933 times)
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:54:55 PM

Hey guys
So currently iv started playing with crypto about a month ago, and can afford to put around $100 a week into it. Iv made some investments into OMG, NEO, PAY, IOTA, ETC and XRP.

My question is, should i still be working my way to gaining 1 BTC first before anything? Price is so high right now and i have no idea how its possible when i can invest so little, hence why im just playing with the alt coins for now.

Any tips on what i should change? or what i should keep doing??

Thanks in advance

As many have already commented I'd suggest going 50/50, see bitcoin as a secure long term investment and alt coins as risky short investments.
You need to stablish exits; for example If given alt-coin has given me more than 110% profitability, then I sell as soon as the price drops (exit on 100% profitability).

Of course I've regret on selling several coins that went up 600-700% but is a secure way of duplicating my money.
This is much good idea better to 50/50 if you really don't want to lose the benefits you can get in bitcoin better to invest too in bitcoin while you are trading with other altcoin.. so that you can get benefits of the price increase just what happen today the price was increase again that i think you can make more profit if you both trading.
For me honestly  i just put my invest in bitcoin 70% and only 30% in cryptocurrency because there are sometimes  that altcoin increase more high than bitcoin and altcoin is really cheap than bitcoin if you started with altcoin .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:21:05 AM

Hey guys
So currently iv started playing with crypto about a month ago, and can afford to put around $100 a week into it. Iv made some investments into OMG, NEO, PAY, IOTA, ETC and XRP.

My question is, should i still be working my way to gaining 1 BTC first before anything? Price is so high right now and i have no idea how its possible when i can invest so little, hence why im just playing with the alt coins for now.

Thanks in advance

In my opinion investing into alts is risky if you don't know what you are doing.

That being said, you could be smart about it, some alts have really went up recently.

I think things like Steem, ETH, and things like that will move up in the next coming months.

That should be an easy trade.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:09:24 AM

I like the ideas mentioned above not putting all money into BTC, I'd buy some top alts as well (like 30-40% BTC, 10-20% ETH, LTC,XEM etc) and try to spec with top100 alts and not buy 777th coin I don't really know anything about. I've seen satoshi.pie folio, it gave me an example.
Mr.cryptos (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 119

BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:49:37 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 07:13:12 AM by Mitchell

Keep going bro!
Crypto is best thing you should invest now
Dont care about amount. You should care how much profit you gain!

Thanks for you tips.

In my opinion, if you're in it for the profits, just go with what gives you bigger profit percentage increase. If you're doing fine with the alts, then why change your strategy? What I would suggest is to probably do it 50-50 though. Every week, go $50 on bitcoin and the another $50 on some alts that you believe has value in the future. Why invest straight in to BTC if you can reach the 1 BTC goal faster by investing in alts?

Thanks for your thoughts, I will do the 50-50.

tongokongo

Activity: 172
Merit: 134

Explore Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:29:07 PM

Why not working for cryptocurrencies. There are a plethora of topics here on begginers part on bitcointalk... And having any useful skill it could give you more than 100$ monthly.

Mr.cryptos (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:36:01 PM

Why not working for cryptocurrencies. There are a plethora of topics here on begginers part on bitcointalk... And having any useful skill it could give you more than 100$ monthly.

Thanks for your tips. What kind of useful skilla are needed?

tongokongo

Activity: 172
Merit: 134

Explore Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 09:31:39 PM

Quote from: tongokongo on Today at 02:29:07 PM

Thanks for your tips. What kind of useful skilla are needed?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1414824
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244332

Those topics explains it perfectly. Translating (if you know more than 1 language), writing blogs, articles, signature, twitter, facebook, youtube campaigns, graphic designers, developers etc. All sorts of skills.

NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 02:01:36 AM

Considering that a lot of students have access to "free" electricity, mining would make a lot of sense. I would suggest GPU mining if you can get a decent GPU or already have one.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
SilentNightElf

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:25:13 AM

I would recommend 50-80% bitcoin and the rest into altcoins. Also don't forget to participate in airdrops, they are free, and sometimes end up being worth a lot of money.
Cryptomover

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 02:44:50 AM

It's safer to have bigger portions in stable coins like BTC and ETH, because when the market corrects altcoins will be free falling while those stable coins would survive better.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:29:46 AM

For me, it's wiser if you put much effort on BTC because the thread of it's value through the years is much better than other crypto.
WaterPower

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:03:29 PM

Currently alts are faster than btc, so investing them may be faster. Looking for a better job can also help you get btc faster. BTW, investing is defnitely the right choice, just need to decide what to invest in. Keep going bro!
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:21:23 PM

Just work for a campaign you'll get like $300-500 good money. hahaha Grin
Mr.cryptos (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:47:05 PM

Just work for a campaign you'll get like $300-500 good money. hahaha Grin

I want to hold some tokens i get from bounties for long rather than quickly trading it for the dollar when the token is been listed on exchanges. I don't want to be like the guy who bought 2 pizzas for 1000 BTC a few years ago. What do you think about this?

cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:32:35 AM

You should not dream of 1 btc because 1 btc is nearly a penny when get high up rank you will earn more than you can imagine just by working hard and stuff you should earn atleast 150$+ a week if you are a hero member ofcourse being a hero member is no easy it takes more than a year to make that bet you should probably set your goal on making a hero member yourself
merj99

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

Honestly? I want to earn BTC and store them in a cold wallet for a few years as the value increases but for steady and incremental savings that adds up I've been personally investing in VIVA: VIVA Crown, their Treasury Rights (VTR), the Investment Pool (VIP) and TQS.

Fees generated from transactions on Tradeqwik are paid back into their ecosystem so TQS gets daily dividends paid out weekly and VTRs convert and sink into the built in retirement pool every 90 days.  It's kind of a long read but you should check out their whitepapers https://s3.amazonaws.com/vivacoin/viva-white-paper-v-2-1.pdf
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:59:49 AM

Hey guys
So currently iv started playing with crypto about a month ago, and can afford to put around $100 a week into it. Iv made some investments into OMG, NEO, PAY, IOTA, ETC and XRP. My question is, should i still be working my way to gaining 1 BTC first before anything? Price is so high right now and i have no idea how its possible when i can invest so little, hence why im just playing with the alt coins for now. Any tips on what i should change? or what i should keep doing?? Thanks in advance.

I am happy to see you here and I assumed that you are still young...young people have much better chance to really benefit that much with cryptocurrency. The time to get started with the revolution called Bitcoin is always now not tomorrow.

Ok, back to your concern. Yes, Bitcoin is now valued high and for a student like you (though I know you also have your money) it can become prohibitive if your goal is having 1 BTC...so don't fret too much on that goal..rather take your time and buy what you can afford from time to time.

It is also good to be involved with altcoins...and in fact if you have time you can participate in many bounty programs of those which are still in the pre-ICO or even in ICO stage. Good luck to you and I know that soon you can be one of the many who made it big in cryptocurrency...this world belongs to you and your fellow young people.
Hamilcar

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:39:46 PM

You can do an extra work here in the forum to grow your budget.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:37:38 AM

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

i want to be like you someday, more knowledge about altcoins and investing in it with a small amount of starting capital to trade. its a nice way to do so. just keep going dude.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:52:29 PM

I am at the same situation. It is extremely difficult to study while budgeting a very very small allowance. My friend recommended me this and I was encouraged to try it too. I'm just a beginner and I hope that this will help me a lot. Since I'm a newbie, I am still learning more. 1-2 months, I guess, would be enough for me know all I need to know. We can do this!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: