Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People pay your Taxes  (Read 82772 times)
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:31:34 PM

Paid tax feeling good Smiley
Declared Bitcoin earnings and got clean signal from IT central processing .

Did you declare it as capital gain or "other income"? I may have to declare my earnings this year and I'm curious how you classified it.
(This is important because long term capital gain usually attracts 20% tax while "other income" falls into regular bracket which can go up to 30%)

Well i don't know much deep how my CA showed it . But its should be as Other Income , My filling checked by Central processing of IT and received no demand intimation from them Smiley ; as far i know he didn't mention any short term or long term capital gain instead he pushed it in my Export of Service category of my business which also attract NIL GST rate for my GST .

Thanks for sharing, this will be helpful. Appreciate it!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deathwish

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:27:52 AM

As of today, the government has not clarified on the questions from the bitcoin community and from the exchanges on how the taxes should be filed and the criteria. Only intimation available that I know of is that Government as said that 'Bitcoin transactions will be taxed'. That leaves so many questions open. its only Open to manipulation. ;invest in a good lawyer or CA to get you through these taxes.

And if anyone get some concrete direction, do post it here...

And one more thing...
Always pay your taxes  no matter if its extortion, or if it theft by the government or if the government does build roads or whatever.

Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 09:58:14 AM

As of today, the government has not clarified on the questions from the bitcoin community and from the exchanges on how the taxes should be filed and the criteria. Only intimation available that I know of is that Government as said that 'Bitcoin transactions will be taxed'. That leaves so many questions open. its only Open to manipulation. ;invest in a good lawyer or CA to get you through these taxes.

And if anyone get some concrete direction, do post it here...

And one more thing...
Always pay your taxes  no matter if its extortion, or if it theft by the government or if the government does build roads or whatever.

For now you should file it as Capital gain and keep record of all your trades in excel or something like that . Then pay tax as Short term or Long term Capital gain . Talk with your CA .

eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:23:58 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/indian-lawyer-files-petition-demanding-cryptocurrency-regulations/

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

Most of the people think that it is easy to get away with taxes in India. In reality, it is very easy for RBI and banks to track your investments in BTC,thus pay your taxes.
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:21:24 PM

I have seen a lot of people trying to hide taxes especially the ones using localbitcoins. They forget the fact that government can trace them based on earnings received in their bank accounts.
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

I have seen a lot of people trying to hide taxes especially the ones using localbitcoins. They forget the fact that government can trace them based on earnings received in their bank accounts.

Many of the localbitcoins trades are cash-in-hand transactions.
amitydv5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:41:13 PM

Is there any limit?
and what if you have only invested the money and did not take any profits yet?

so can you guide us on where to look into taxation for cryptocurrencies in India?

Also is it valid for if people have only invested less than 1 lakh

Please respond Smiley

Thank you!
saurabh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:31:50 AM

How come Bitcoin be regulated by Indian government as its not possible either this lawyer does not know how the technology work or he is just making a hype.

Digital Currency is the future
knoxshaan

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:10:18 PM

Income up to Rs 3,00,000   No tax

Income from Rs 3,00,000 – Rs 5,00,000   5%

Income from Rs 5,00,000 – 10,00,000   
20%

Income more than Rs 10,00,000 30%

I'm not fit any figure, btw I followed the Indian government rules and regulations.
knoxshaan

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

Is there any limit?
and what if you have only invested the money and did not take any profits yet?

so can you guide us on where to look into taxation for cryptocurrencies in India?

Also is it valid for if people have only invested less than 1 lakh

Please respond Smiley

Thank you!

Go to here for more details: https://cleartax.in/s/income-tax-savings
djbabu

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:59:57 AM

Hi

There is lot of confusion

now check this out

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/money-and-banking/bitcoin-investors-may-have-to-pay-capital-gains-tax/article10004806.ece

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/markets/icai-to-conduct-study-on-cryptocurrency/article10051824.ece

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/taxing-cryptocurrencies-in-india/article10012267.ece
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:09:19 AM

USA has classified crypto as capital asset. Indian finance ministry has said previously that crypto is not legal tender (currency), hence it makes sense for India too classifying it as  capital assets.
It makes much more sense and also makes easier for them to tax it.
djbabu

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

USA has classified crypto as capital asset. Indian finance ministry has said previously that crypto is not legal tender (currency), hence it makes sense for India too classifying it as  capital assets.
It makes much more sense and also makes easier for them to tax it.

Capital assets like shares ?

Long term capital gain etc ?

djbabu

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:58:09 AM

Hi

Finally Jaitley said "The government does not consider cryptocurrency as legal tender and will work towards eliminating illicit transactions going on through crypto assets," says Finance Minister Arun Jaitley"

http://www.news18.com/news/business/budget-2018-live-updates-presidents-salary-up-to-rs-5-lakh-a-month-veep-to-get-rs-4-lakh-per-month-1647303.html

Now who is going to ask tax for it then ?

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:46:48 AM

Hi

Finally Jaitley said "The government does not consider cryptocurrency as legal tender and will work towards eliminating illicit transactions going on through crypto assets," says Finance Minister Arun Jaitley"

http://www.news18.com/news/business/budget-2018-live-updates-presidents-salary-up-to-rs-5-lakh-a-month-veep-to-get-rs-4-lakh-per-month-1647303.html

In an interview after the budget session, Jaitley said a dedicated committee is working to further clear gov's stand on the matter. I believe in coming weeks we'll have more clarity.
I really hope they classify it as a capital asset (like USA did) and the exchanges / trading is termed legal business.
djbabu

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:20:20 AM

Hi

In an interview after the budget session, Jaitley said a dedicated committee is working to further clear gov's stand on the matter. I believe in coming weeks we'll have more clarity.
I really hope they classify it as a capital asset (like USA did) and the exchanges / trading is termed legal business.

Then only 10% tax correct ?
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:20:10 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 05:37:04 PM by sgk

Hi

Then only 10% tax correct ?

Apparently:
STCG tax (short term, profits made within 3 years) is taxed at normal rates based on your income slab, which can go up to 30%
LTCG tax (long term, profits made after 3 years) is taxed at 20% + surcharge and education cess

Reference: https://cleartax.in/s/capital-gains-income#assets

EDIT:
10% LTCG tax if you term crypto as "equity" asset
20% LTCG tax if you term crypto as "debt" asset
There is a gray area here and everyone has their own way of interpretation until government clarifies anything.

I personally think the new move of government to put 10% tax on LTCG equity assets is probably in line with their future plans of taxing people with crypto profits. So in near future the government may put crypto into "equity" category which will allow them to tax the profits @ 15% and 10% for Short Term and Long Term respectively.
BitcoinTesla

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:11:23 PM

Hi ,
as  i  have  noticed,  that  many  have  now  started actively purchasing  and  selling  Bitcoins  using  your  bank accounts. so now i will strongly  advise,  you  to  keep  records  of all  transactions  occurring  in  INR , weather  it is in  cash or online. These  are  necessary  when  you file  in your  returns next  year,and  the amount  you  pay  for tax. Remember  all  bank  transactions   will always  go through  the RBI  before   arriving  to the destination  account  so all  records  are  kept. and  Tax  envision is  a  serious  crime. So please  do  follow  the practice  of  proper  tax  payment.  

I  want all of  you  to  please  follow  the practice  of  paying  your  taxes and  following  the   Tax  laws  properly.  this  atleast, will  ensure  that  our  little  community  is  law  abiding  and  working  towards  the  progress  of a  free and  decentralized  community .

You shouldn't be into this space if you're willing to pay TAX, LMAO! Crypto Currencies are DECENTRALIZED and they meant to be FREE from anyones hold i.e. Government and their taxes etc. This space has to be CLUTTER FREE from their TRADITIONAL THEFT's i.e. TAX, CAPITAL GAIN TAX, THEIR WIFE TAX, THEIR CAR TAX, THEIR LUXURY TAX ETC.
mishrakjr

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:18:45 PM

still we r confused of govt. polices always it in unclear ,when u start understand that time another statement or a new police into take the part
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: