Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀[ANN] [Presale] OREN Platform - The Complete Boxed Solution for Online Gaming  (Read 6398 times)
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:49:45 AM

This platform is highly expected by gamers. Total supply is too big, hopefully the price is good.
For the bounty program there is 100k-130k USD, not bad. I wait for the next information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:09:09 AM

Hi, first of all, this is a promising platform to be honest.
I have some questions for you.

As a game developer, is the copyright of the game protected by law? What relationship is between the team behind OREN Project and game developers?
Are game developers require to pay fee in order to launch the game on your blockchain? If so how much and how often? Who will be the one pay the transaction fee for things such as in game item purchase?

Thank you.
bozton

Activity: 295

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:05:59 AM

I think this is a good project and I am interested to participate in the bounty campaign social media, and I will follow this trhead waiting for further information, good luck.
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 08:01:26 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 08:41:15 AM by OrenPlatform.com

This platform is highly expected by gamers. Total supply is too big, hopefully the price is good.
For the bounty program there is 100k-130k USD, not bad. I wait for the next information.

Hi,
The price is already provided in a screenshot. But, here it is again:

If you buy within the range while 0-200m is being sold, you will get a 40% bonus.
If that slot is over, you get 30% bonus till the 400m tokens are totally sold off.

The total OREN tokens for presale will be 400m. Once we go live with the main net, an online portal will be made available only for the presale participants to redeem their oren coins on the oren blockchain along with OREN FUND assets if applicable for you. (1 OREN FUND per 50k OREN tokens--please note that even if you have 49999.9999 tokens you would still miss out on the OREN FUND as OREN FUND have no decimals hence while handing out the OREN FUNDs your amount of OREN Tokens will be rounded down. This also means if you buy 140k tokens you still get 2 OREN FUNDs NOT 2.8 ). This migration will take place simultaneously with the ICO.

OREN FUNDs will only be provided for the Presale participants only. Two percent of every "revenue" based transactions on the platform will be rewarded to the OREN FUND holders. On top of that, there will always be special discounts for games and in-game purchases for the OREN FUND holders.

In simple calculation, even though the price is 3k tokens per 1 ETH, you are actually getting 4.2k Tokens per 1 ETH if you buy before the 1st slot of the presale is over and 3.9k tokens per 1 ETH if you buy in the 2nd slot.

For Presale + ICO pricing and a full summary of the token distribution along with presale participant's benefits is posted here:

https://orenplatform.com/documents/presale_ico_specs.pdf

As for the huge supply question, well we are expecting a lot of gamers to use this platform, not hypothetically, but because of the quality of games we are already making for the platform with our 6 other international partners. Pricing will adjust no matter what the supply is, but if the supply is too low and the price per coin is too high, gamers will have to carry transactions in decimals which everyone hates to do so esp. in the average age group of gamers.

If you have further questions please feel free to shoot! Also we just created our telegram channel please join it here: https://t.me/ORENProject
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 08:32:54 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 11:14:48 AM by OrenPlatform.com

As a game developer, is the copyright of the game protected by law? What relationship is between the team behind OREN Project and game developers?
Are game developers require to pay fee in order to launch the game on your blockchain? If so how much and how often? Who will be the one pay the transaction fee for things such as in game item purchase?

Thank you.

Hi,
As for my understanding, you are asking this question based on our piracy protection (please correct me if I am wrong). It might take a while to make you understand how we have implemented a method to protect against piracy. Let me make it clear, no software,game,apps, etc. are 100% un-crackable and never will be either. As long as you execute any codes in you pc or any device, it must have to be present in the RAM at some point in time in raw format. As long as that happens, no software, games or any computer programs will ever be secure from piracy. And 2ndly please keep in mind we are here to provide solution for online games only.

Now, let me copy paste the piracy protection part from our whitepaper:

OREN provides server level piracy protection by implementing the auction based revenue sharing idea. Without going through this revenue sharing auction, a host node can never host a game server, even if it manages to crack a game server, the server will never get listed on the Blockchain because no record of the auctioned agreement will exist. Cracked game servers will not be able to issue the same assets of the original game which have the actual real value in the marketplace. Since, OREN have introduced value for all in-game items, gamers will not want to waste time to play on a cracked server which will only kill their time and give nothing in return.

Furthermore, OREN also provides game client level piracy protection. It doesn't matter if a game is cracked or original because ownership of a game is recognized in the blockchain when an OREN address will have the game access token of that particular game. To obtain that, you must have to buy it from the host node who will in return auto distribute the revenue with the developer through smart contract (the purchase also takes place using smart contacts therefore if you do check the address before payment, there is no chance of a scam to take place). So, any progress made in the game being original or cracked is not important as none of the items or data will be registered in the blockchain. This will leave cracked games to become valueless and ultimately a waste of time. As a result, we believe piracy of online games will diminish by itself.

Coming back to your question about who protects the game, well neither OREN Project Ltd. nor any central authority is in charge of this. Everything is handled by the blockchain. To obtain permission to issue game license tokens (which the developer will put up on auction for host nodes to purchase - this stores the revenue sharing model + permission for host nodes to generate game access tokens(comparable to cd keys) which in return can generate the game items) a developer have to submit a specific fees in OREN coins to a contract which gives you the permission to create game license tokens. The fees hasn't yet been decided and we will take community's vote for that. All such fees will be transferred to the interest fund of the coin lock up system, which in return maintains and protects the coin value from market dumps (check page 19 of the whitepaper). So, the conclusion is, the dev himself or herself is solely responsible for protecting his/her private keys which gives him/her the rights to issue the game license tokens. Unlike many other blockchain based projects, we, the team, don't control any part of the system and developers don't need our permission to use it in anyway what so ever.

For in-game purchases, the transaction fees will be paid by the gamers.
wiredideas

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:07:33 AM

As a gamer myself this program put a smile on my face. Imagine I will now have a medium and the ability to monetize my stuff and gaming skill sets. I tell you guys, hands down this project is awesome at least in the perspective of a gamer.

WEZGlobal  -  Community Management - www.wezglobal.com
OculusMan

Activity: 1134
Merit: 547

Russian Translation

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:22:20 AM

Hello! You need Russian translators?

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Monia

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:51:06 AM

Very interesting project. Platform for online games does not happen much because it is a huge segment, and healthy competition is beneficial to consumers. I will participate in this project.
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 11:03:30 AM

Hello! You need Russian translators?

Please check your inbox.
Hexcolyte

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Thank you.

Hi,
As for my understanding, you are asking this question based on our piracy protection (please correct me if I am wrong). It might take a while to make you understand how we have implemented a method to protect against piracy. Let me make it clear, no software,game,apps, etc. are 100% un-crackable and never will be either. As long as you execute any codes in you pc or any device, it must have to be present in the RAM at some point in time in raw format. As long as that happens, no software, games or any computer programs will ever be secure from piracy. And 2ndly please keep in mind we are here to provide solution for online games only.

Now, let me copy paste the piracy protection part from our whitepaper:

OREN provides server level piracy protection by implementing the auction based revenue sharing idea. Without going through this revenue sharing auction, a host node can never host a game server, even if it manages to crack a game server, the server will never get listed on the Blockchain because no record of the auctioned agreement will exist. Cracked game servers will not be able to issue the same assets of the original game which have the actual real value in the marketplace. Since, OREN have introduced value for all in-game items, gamers will not want to waste time to play on a cracked server which will only kill their time and give nothing in return.

Furthermore, OREN also provides game client level piracy protection. It doesn't matter if a game is cracked or original because ownership of a game is recognized in the blockchain when an OREN address will have the game access token of that particular game. To obtain that, you must have to buy it from the host node who will in return auto distribute the revenue with the developer through smart contract (the purchase also takes place using smart contacts therefore if you do check the address before payment, there is no chance of a scam to take place). So, any progress made in the game being original or cracked is not important as none of the items or data will be registered in the blockchain. This will leave cracked games to become valueless and ultimately a waste of time. As a result, we believe piracy of online games will diminish by itself.

Coming back to your question about who protects the game, well neither OREN Project Ltd. nor any central authority is in charge of this. Everything is handled by the blockchain. To obtain permission to issue game license tokens (which the developer will put up on auction for host nodes to purchase - this stores the revenue sharing model + permission for host nodes to generate game access tokens(comparable to cd keys) which in return can generate the game items) a developer have to submit a specific fees in OREN coins to a contract which gives you the permission to create game license tokens. The fees hasn't yet been decided and we will take community's vote for that. All such fees will be transferred to the interest fund of the coin lock up system, which in return maintains and protects the coin value from market dumps (check page 19 of the whitepaper). So, the conclusion is, the dev himself or herself is solely responsible for protecting his/her private keys which gives him/her the rights to issue the game license tokens. Unlike many other blockchain based projects, we, the team, don't control any part of the system and developers don't need our permission to use it in anyway what so ever.

For in-game purchases, the transaction fees will be paid by the gamers.

Thank you for your reply, it does explained many things to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, does that means a game developer must write the code specifically for the OREN platform in order for the host node to host the game, which mean an online game must be developed on top of OREN platform in order to be included into the blockchain?

Furthermore, I believe OREN platform does not has the legal power to protect a game from being copied by other, which mean a copyright of the game will only be issued through governement, am I right?

Thank you again.
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:14:55 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 03:26:15 PM by OrenPlatform.com

Thank you for your reply, it does explained many things to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, does that means a game developer must write the code specifically for the OREN platform in order for the host node to host the game, which mean an online game must be developed on top of OREN platform in order to be included into the blockchain?

Furthermore, I believe OREN platform does not has the legal power to protect a game from being copied by other, which mean a copyright of the game will only be issued through governement, am I right?

Thank you again.

If you want to copyright a game yes you do need government's help. But say someone copies you game and makes a clone, what he/she can do is issue a totally different game license token for his game. So any game items/assets his game generates on the blockchain would literally mean nothing because your game's items/assets hold the real market value and to use your game's features, contents, updates, etc. the gamer do need your game's access token, which literally means purchasing the original game, not the clone. Any items generated or any game progress made on the cloned game will not be usable on your game (the real game which holds the market value).

And no the developer don't have to write games specifically "on" the platform, they just have to use the APIs of the OREN Platform to store, generate, extract the game data, progress, items etc. So, devs are open to any programming language or game engines as long as the API supports it. We plan on extending this support on all platforms and game engines. A detailed documentation library on how to use the APIs on different game engines and programming languages will be made and released in around March 2018.

Coming to your host node question, the game server will be built by the dev just like how all game servers are built. But, we do have a system where the game servers will use the platform's api in order to generate an AUTH token which gives it the right to broadcast that the server is online on the blockchain (only then gamers can see it in their game library's server explorer) and also generate the "real" game items which holds the market value. In order to generate this AUTH token, the host node needs to have the game license token which he/she had purchased from you through the auction where both of you have came to an agreement with the revenue sharing model.

Hope I have answered your question.
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 04:50:57 PM

Bounty announcement will be made in one hour.
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 07:47:22 PM

We are very sorry for the delay.

The bounty thread is up!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2146773
MercuryProtocol

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:39:08 PM

I dont know if Im a dummy or something but I cant find the whitepaper

Can anyone PM the link? Or is it somewhere on their website?
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 11:41:42 PM

Its pretty much everywhere, but still let me copy it for you here:

https://orenplatform.com/documents/whitepaper.pdf

Smiley
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:20:55 AM

Smiley

Reading the WP, nice project you go Smiley
Very promising.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
OrenPlatform.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 04:20:24 AM

Smiley

Reading the WP, nice project you go Smiley
Very promising.

Thank you for showing your interest in our project. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them away. Also join our telegram as someone from the team will be there almost all the time to answer your questions:

https://t.me/ORENTelegram

dimitri

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:29:45 AM

nice looking project .. I'll try not to take my eyes off of this one ... good luck devs

ljp7839008

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:07:24 AM

as we know Gamers are huge, and if this project is successful, we can be professional players later~~.
SolidLiquid

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

Native Korean, Professional Translator

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:40:37 AM

I'd like to reserve Korean Translation

If you need Korean Translation, please PM Me Smiley

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: