Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] 2BTC Reward to get ASICMiner Blades >12 GH/s on stratum  (Read 7572 times)
nave (OP)
Donator

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:16:07 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 08:19:02 AM by nave

Hi, I've been struggling for over a week with my blades. I've found one other person with the same problem I have, but their work around didn't help me. I'm very frustrated with this at this point, and I just want to get them to work properly, and I'll gladly pay anyone that can offer me a proper solution, and I greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer at this point.

Here's the problem. The blades connect via getwork to any pool. They hash between 4.5GH/s - 5.5GH/s at any getwork pool. They will connect to the stratum proxy and receive/submit work for a few seconds. This usually results in 8-40 received units of work and 0-4 submitted units of work. Then they stop. The blades will then reset after about two minutes because they're not hashing. Now, if I disable the wireless radio on my Verizon MI424WR Rev. E router then the blades will connect to the stratum proxy just fine, and hash ~12.5GH/s. They perform better via getwork as well, around 10GH/s. What the other person did to get around this was to connect a different wireless router and use that for wireless. I tried this, and still have the same problem - the blades will only perform properly with the connected wireless router is disabled. Leaving the wireless disabled isn't an option for me.

The stratum proxy works perfectly with other mining devices. I've tried the stratum proxy on multiple local computers with the same results. The blades connect to a switch that connects to the Verizon router. I have bypassed the switch, running one blade directly from the router with the same results. I have set up QoS to prioritize all traffic to and from the blades with no change in results. I've tried modifying any wireless setting I could think of, but nothing makes a difference other than shutting the wireless off. Beyond the fact that I really want to get these blades working, I'm really curious to know what could possibly be causing this to happen. Like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:37:13 AM

Is your stratum server connected to the verizon unit, or the switch that's attached to the blades?
nave (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:41:16 AM

Is your stratum server connected to the verizon unit, or the switch that's attached to the blades?

Currently the switch that is connected to the blades.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:02:11 AM

How many blades you have now? If you have more than one, please confirm that the ethernet controller has no problem.

I remembered you host stratum proxy by Raspberry Pi. Are you also using the same Pi as the proxy for other mining devices?

I suggest you set a static ip address for the Pi if it is a dynamic ip.
nave (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:06:30 AM

How many blades you have now? If you have more than one, please confirm that the ethernet controller has no problem.

I remembered you host stratum proxy by Raspberry Pi. Are you also using the same Pi as the proxy for other mining devices?

I suggest you set a static ip address for the Pi if it is a dynamic ip.

I have two blades, swapped the Ethernet controllers with no change. I don't have a raspberry pi, but I have set a static ip for the computer with the stratum proxy.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Have you tried using different mining software?  I would try bitminter.com if you're currently using cgminer and see how high that can push the blades.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:34:37 PM

Now, if I disable the wireless radio on my Verizon MI424WR Rev. E router then the blades will connect to the stratum proxy just fine, and hash ~12.5GH/s. They perform better via getwork as well, around 10GH/s. What the other person did to get around this was to connect a different wireless router and use that for wireless. I tried this, and still have the same problem - the blades will only perform properly with the connected wireless router is disabled. Leaving the wireless disabled isn't an option for me.

I've tried modifying any wireless setting I could think of, but nothing makes a difference other than shutting the wireless off.

So it sounds like it's just RF interference? With the blades not being enclosed in any sort of housing they're pretty vulnerable to this I suppose. Have you tried physically relocating them to another room?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:38:24 PM

Try changing channels on your wifi router.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:04:29 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 05:20:36 PM by ibminer

Have you tried lowering the transmit power on the wireless options?... should be under the advanced wireless options section of that verizon UI...

EDIT:  Do you have the model of the router that the other guy used for his Avalon issues?... might be worth just running out and trying to get that specific model router, disabling the wifi on your verizon router, and using the other router solely for wireless access.

EDIT #2:  I would also attempt to turn off the CTS protection under the advanced wireless options (if it is turned on)... and if it is already turned off, try turning it on. This may be an issue if you have a lot of wifi devices connected, but I would try it anyway.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:12:56 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 05:49:31 PM by wrenchmonkey

Couple things to try. First, does your Verizon router allow you to adjust QOS or do port forwarding?

I would enable port forwarding, and forward the appropriate ports to the appropriate devices (are you using a local stratum server, or a stratum pool)?

Using QoS to give package traffic priority to your devices over any other devices might not be a bad idea either. As well as changing wireless channels, if your router allows.

If you are using another wireless router, you will probably have to configure the modem to pass EVERYTHING through to that router, meaning that your router is the one that authenticates to the Verizon Network with your credentials, and gets the external IP address (Ie; configure PPPoE on the replacement, and disable network authentication on the Verizon router/modem).

If your router's "external" or "WAN" IP starts with 10. or 192., you don't have an external IP. Call Verizon, and ask them for your network authentication (PPPoE) credentials, if you want to use another router to manage the network.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:31:38 PM

And, rather than do a 3rd edit on my post above -

To troubleshoot, I would look at the 'system monitor' in the UI... and look at your network statistics for your device(s)... see if there are any errors or dropped packets:

should look something like this: (random image I found)
http://blog.jeffreyberg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/1_SystemWideMonitoring_Pre-e1323895181186.png

EDIT:  I can also use teamviewer to troubleshoot, if nothing above works.

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:35:28 PM

i can remote in via team viewer.  msg me.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:47:17 PM

Ditto to the guys offering remote support.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

Is it possible the wireless is giving out your blade's ip address to one of your wireless devices?  Usually you can limit the ip addresses given out by dhcp.  Make sure your blade's ip is outside of this range or specifically tell your router to reserve it to your blade's mac address.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:53:13 PM

lower MTU
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 07:56:33 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 08:21:35 PM by dogie

The problem with offering a bounty like this is people are going to blanket spam you with often irrelevant things.

Try setting the difficulty to 16 in pool.

Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

The problem with offering a bounty like this is people are going to blanket spam you with often irrelevant things.

I'd expand that to don't remote with ANYONE, they're no more likely to be able to fix it looking at your desktop than they are on here.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
nave (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:37:29 PM

So it sounds like it's just RF interference? With the blades not being enclosed in any sort of housing they're pretty vulnerable to this I suppose. Have you tried physically relocating them to another room?
Have you tried lowering the transmit power on the wireless options?... should be under the advanced wireless options section of that verizon UI...

At one point I thought it might just be interference too, I lowered the transmit power to 15% with no change. The blades are already pretty far from the wireless hub, about 100 feet. I could get them maybe another 15 ft. away, but I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Try changing channels on your wifi router.

I've tried every channel, no change.

EDIT:  Do you have the model of the router that the other guy used for his Avalon issues?... might be worth just running out and trying to get that specific model router, disabling the wifi on your verizon router, and using the other router solely for wireless access.

EDIT #2:  I would also attempt to turn off the CTS protection under the advanced wireless options (if it is turned on)... and if it is already turned off, try turning it on. This may be an issue if you have a lot of wifi devices connected, but I would try it anyway.

CTS isn't an option on either of my routers. I'll probably look at getting that exact model.

And, rather than do a 3rd edit on my post above -

To troubleshoot, I would look at the 'system monitor' in the UI... and look at your network statistics for your device(s)... see if there are any errors or dropped packets:

should look something like this: (random image I found)
http://blog.jeffreyberg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/1_SystemWideMonitoring_Pre-e1323895181186.png

EDIT:  I can also use teamviewer to troubleshoot, if nothing above works.

I've poured over the logs for the router, no errors are showing up. No errors or dropped packets show up on the system monitor either.

Is it possible the wireless is giving out your blade's ip address to one of your wireless devices?  Usually you can limit the ip addresses given out by dhcp.  Make sure your blade's ip is outside of this range or specifically tell your router to reserve it to your blade's mac address.

The blades have static, reserved IP addresses from the router.

I know, I'd rather sort through a bunch of responses for something that might work than doing nothing though. I've set the difficulty in the pool to a wide range from 1 - 1000, it makes no difference.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

I'd expand that to don't remote with ANYONE, they're no more likely to be able to fix it looking at your desktop than they are on here.

You realize that it would be his actual ROUTER config that we would look at, and not just his "desktop" right? And yes, being able to actually LOOK at what's going on is much more useful than the shotgun approach of just shouting out your best guess, having none of the relevant information.  Roll Eyes

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:17:15 PM

I'd make sure all hosts / adapters have the same subnet, same gateway, same dns server but different ip addresses than each other.

if your blades are static, they should have the dns and gateway set to use your routers ip address on the LAN.

you may have to enable dmz or port forwarding as well it really depends on how your network is setup.

without any remote connectivity I can't help you too much other than guess what your problem is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: