Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA Identified Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 1749 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:52:04 AM

The ‘creator’ of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, is the world’s most elusive billionaire. Very few people outside of the Department of Homeland Security know Satoshi’s real name. In fact, DHS will not publicly confirm that even THEY know the billionaire’s identity. Satoshi has taken great care to keep his identity secret employing the latest encryption and obfuscation methods in his communications. Despite these efforts (according to my source at the DHS) Satoshi Nakamoto gave investigators the only tool they needed to find him — his own words.

Using stylometry one is able to compare texts to determine authorship of a particular work. Throughout the years Satoshi wrote thousands of posts and emails and most of which are publicly available. According to my source, the NSA was able to the use the ‘writer invariant’ method of stylometry to compare Satoshi’s ‘known’ writings with trillions of writing samples from people across the globe.

The NSA then took bulk emails and texts collected from their mass surveillance efforts. First through PRISM (a court-approved front-door access to Google and Yahoo user accounts) and then through MUSCULAR (where the NSA copies the data flows across fiber optic cables that carry information among the data centers of Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and Facebook) the NSA was able to place trillions of writings from more than a billion people in the same plane as Satoshi’s writings to find his true identity.

But why? Why go to so much trouble to identify Satoshi? My source tells me that the Obama administration was concerned that Satoshi was an agent of Russia or China — that Bitcoin might be weaponized against us in the future.

Your words are your fingerprint. The moral of the story? You can’t hide on the internet anymore. Your sentence structure and word use is MORE unique than your own fingerprint. If an organization, like the NSA, wants to find you they will.

Source Here.

I am amazed at the capability of NSA to trace an unknown guy through his own words. Indeed, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote many things about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. Through the use of modern technology, they are able to identify the man...though of course the details are not yet released for now...maybe in the coming decades we would really know who can be the man or woman behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto. For now, we the ordinary mortals could only speculate on his identity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:59:22 AM

Sounds pretty funny, then who is the Satoshi Nakamoto? Still that guy is not appeared. I think it is all guesses.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:59:44 AM

The ‘creator’ of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, is the world’s most elusive billionaire. Very few people outside of the Department of Homeland Security know Satoshi’s real name. In fact, DHS will not publicly confirm that even THEY know the billionaire’s identity. Satoshi has taken great care to keep his identity secret employing the latest encryption and obfuscation methods in his communications. Despite these efforts (according to my source at the DHS) Satoshi Nakamoto gave investigators the only tool they needed to find him — his own words.

Using stylometry one is able to compare texts to determine authorship of a particular work. Throughout the years Satoshi wrote thousands of posts and emails and most of which are publicly available. According to my source, the NSA was able to the use the ‘writer invariant’ method of stylometry to compare Satoshi’s ‘known’ writings with trillions of writing samples from people across the globe.

The NSA then took bulk emails and texts collected from their mass surveillance efforts. First through PRISM (a court-approved front-door access to Google and Yahoo user accounts) and then through MUSCULAR (where the NSA copies the data flows across fiber optic cables that carry information among the data centers of Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and Facebook) the NSA was able to place trillions of writings from more than a billion people in the same plane as Satoshi’s writings to find his true identity.

But why? Why go to so much trouble to identify Satoshi? My source tells me that the Obama administration was concerned that Satoshi was an agent of Russia or China — that Bitcoin might be weaponized against us in the future.

Your words are your fingerprint. The moral of the story? You can’t hide on the internet anymore. Your sentence structure and word use is MORE unique than your own fingerprint. If an organization, like the NSA, wants to find you they will.

Source Here.

I am amazed at the capability of NSA to trace an unknown guy through his own words. Indeed, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote many things about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. Through the use of modern technology, they are able to identify the man...though of course the details are not yet released for now...maybe in the coming decades we would really know who can be the man or woman behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto. For now, we the ordinary mortals could only speculate on his identity.

I guess something about this has been raised before even with the source been put there in which I read myself but if you go further, you will then realize that neither did the source confirmed anything nor does it say who Satoshi is just another article to spread more FUD to the community but we now know better than them because that's is always their motive all the way.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:15:04 AM

You guys don't have anything else to do than read fluff articles with no facts and all speculation?

It's entertaining, the idea this article poses, but it offers nothing that lends credibility to the story. That's all it is...a story. It's barely interesting. And if the NSA did know Satoshi's identity...what then? Nothing.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:47:31 AM

Source Here.

I really don't see anything interesting in finding someone who doesn't want to be found. I mean, i also am a fan of satoshi, i admire his works and all but, he wants to disappear and not be found, and so many has tried and failed to find him. So let's just respect the guy's decision and leave him alone. If he wants to show up he will, and if not, then he doesn't. If you respect him and his contributions to the crypto world, respect his decisions.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:56:42 AM

Source Here.

I really don't see anything interesting in finding someone who doesn't want to be found. I mean, i also am a fan of satoshi, i admire his works and all but, he wants to disappear and not be found, and so many has tried and failed to find him. So let's just respect the guy's decision and leave him alone. If he wants to show up he will, and if not, then he doesn't. If you respect him and his contributions to the crypto world, respect his decisions.

I strongly agree with your point. We should give the guy a break and respect what he wants. Because he would never have decided to leave the crypto world and disappear if he wanted to be found and be well known. And im pretty sure he had very good reasons on why he decided to leave bitcoin. Because after reading stuff about him, i can see that he is a very intelligent person. So just go and let the guy be.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:05:43 PM

This is something very interesting because I though similar things some weeks ago, before even knowing similar programs by NSA. Studying the way a person wrote can be useful to identify "anonymous" people. Every one has its own way of writing.
It's basically a social engineering technique, which may use advanced softwares to get results faster. But even a single individual with LOTS of patience and free time can achive good results...
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

We already had a thread about this on the same board last week. It's all speculation. If they were really able to identify him someone would have leaked some facts about him by now. If I saw people bragging they got Satoshi's dox I'd think that it's either trolling or they are trying to bring the price down. How come some writer knows they've tracked Satoshi? Those NSA people who are so secretive about the whole operation shared this info with him?

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:04:40 PM

For one reason or the other, it appears to me we all are on the same side in this matter. I respect all great minds and admire Satoshi from the core of my heart but my reason for not disturbing him is that I simply don't care where he is or how he is. None of my business...

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Elpeor00

Activity: 346
Merit: 144

THE WORST EVER

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:14:26 PM

A new chapter in Satoshi's legend  Cheesy, he has been too many things in less than a decade, will be hardly surprising if in the next years they say he is an alien, a time traveller, a AI, whatever
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:36:15 PM

Source Here.

Sounds interesting but i don't believe this. Satoshi is the modern genius and he can not be traced unless he disclosed his own identity. I don't think that by using such technology anyone can trace Satoshi. Meanwhile, real satoshi must be laughing Smiley
BCMB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 06:40:34 PM

This whole article reads like clickbait and pure speculation on the author's part.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:41:30 PM

Source Here.

Sounds interesting but i don't believe this. Satoshi is the modern genius and he can not be traced unless he disclosed his own identity. I don't think that by using such technology anyone can trace Satoshi. Meanwhile, real satoshi must be laughing Smiley

Realistically, even if he is identified it wouldn't matter because once Bitcoin is mainstream then people knowing who he is wouldn't stop them from buying Bitcoin. With that said, if they knew now maybe it wouldn't end up working because his mystique adds to the whole story.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:43:37 PM

I think it's bullshit for multiple reasons. Why put so much manpower and money into confirming/denying that Satoshi is Russian agent ? That just looks stupid. And from the text they just took public information that we got available trough Snowden and made it all about Satoshi
da2876b3eb31edb4

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:03:59 PM

The real Satoshi is coming back. He is watching everything.......... .

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:16:38 PM

Source Here.

Controversy theories, Russia or China. Capability of NSA, let me add another controversial statement, he/she might be an NSA agent himself/herself, inside job, http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

If Bitcoin was a planned approach by a country/state/government, it didn't play out well. What we have got is a decentralized currency, something governments don't want. So better to conclude someone was working on its own to get better of the flawed monetary system.

If Satoshi has been anonymous for 8+ years do you really think a couple of jumbled words would be enough to identify his identity. Yeah, an ordinary mortal like me has the tendency to be repetitive in using sentences or words because of lack of vocabulary, easy to identify, but I don't think the same applies for someone who wants to remain anonymous, is good with cryptography/mathematics, and kick starts a whole new evolution in the money system.

You can draw all the comparisons. Open-source, decentralized cuts off the government involvement. Even Satoshi wouldn't have expected bitcoin to touch $5000.
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:21:19 PM

I am seeing lately some posts regarding the Satoshi identity. I am very curious to know him too as anyone else but all these posts have in common the NSA. Is the NSA trying to cover their failures in the deep web where arms trafficking, illegal porn, drugs are working as quiet as possible without being noticed by the so called best security agency in the world ? After not finding him with their tools at disposal which are a lot the NSA now is trying to focus on how good they are by finding Satoshi.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bitmixer2

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:38:47 PM

So NSA made him disappear?
sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:55:36 PM

As long as the NSA does not reveal who Satoshi really is I do not belive that they have identified him yet. Satoshi was acting very careful what you can see in his action to stop being active after Gavin Andresen wrote him he will meat up with the NSA. Satoshi is genius and I doubt he would have made a mistake so that he is identifiable.
bitmixer2

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

As long as the NSA does not reveal who Satoshi really is I do not belive that they have identified him yet. Satoshi was acting very careful what you can see in his action to stop being active after Gavin Andresen wrote him he will meat up with the NSA. Satoshi is genius and I doubt he would have made a mistake so that he is identifiable.

I do think it would be possible to ID people from the way they write. But I think also other people could find some very unique things that Satoshi said, and use google to find if there is another persona who wrote in the same way. Just the NSA has more data than google Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: