Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account BTC-e still suspended after providing evidence.  (Read 265 times)
Derks43 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:35:30 PM

Dear BTC-e & Bitcointalk community,

I am aware that I have a brand new account, nonetheless, I would like to kindly request help of you people.

During a period of two months prior to the downtime I have been trying to retrieve my account on BTC-e (.com that time). In the hope that their new site would do any better I tried logging in again. After successfully entering my email and password I got the message "Account suspended".

Ok, no problem I'll just follow their steps and will be able to access my funds anytime soon. So, they asked me to provide several items which I could all provide:
- Email address --> Approved
- Full residence address --> Approved
- Passport (valid) --> Approved
- Proof of residence (electricity bill) --> Approved
- Txid --> ........

Now they ask me for a blockchain transaction (Txid) of almost 4 years old in order to unblock my account....... How should I proceed, as I might have found it, yet I am everything but 100% sure that it is the correct one? I believe that if it is the wrong one they will delete it entirely.. Maybe they will unblock it when their new ticket system is online, as they are closely being monitored? It must already be evident to them that I am the one and only owner of the account and that they are solely ask questions in order to keep the funds.

I have also read elsewhere on this forum that no one could be suspended on legal ground as it wasn't even in the terms of use back in the day. 

I appreciate each and every response, thank you!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:31:03 PM

- Txid --> ........

Now they ask me for a blockchain transaction (Txid) of almost 4 years old in order to unblock my account....... How should I proceed, as I might have found it, yet I am everything but 100% sure that it is the correct one? I believe that if it is the wrong one they will delete it entirely.. Maybe they will unblock it when their new ticket system is online, as they are closely being monitored? It must already be evident to them that I am the one and only owner of the account and that they are solely ask questions in order to keep the funds.

I have also read elsewhere on this forum that no one could be suspended on legal ground as it wasn't even in the terms of use back in the day. 

I won't lie. The situation isn't good, particularly due to the recent FBI seizure. There have been a handful of similar complaints over the past year, so you aren't alone. Unfortunately, I haven't heard that there was a favorable resolution in most of these cases. I don't think their actions here were necessarily nefarious: they had a rash of account compromises (likely linked to the database leak years ago), so they started locking inactive accounts, believing they were likely to become hacked.

What did they ask for, specifically? The transaction which funded your account? Did they want you to sign a message from the funding address?

The site is up on btc-e.nz now. The ticket system is apparently online, and you can submit your inquiry there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Steven009

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:28:05 PM

- Txid --> ........

I won't lie. The situation isn't good, particularly due to the recent FBI seizure. There have been a handful of similar complaints over the past year, so you aren't alone. Unfortunately, I haven't heard that there was a favorable resolution in most of these cases. I don't think their actions here were necessarily nefarious: they had a rash of account compromises (likely linked to the database leak years ago), so they started locking inactive accounts, believing they were likely to become hacked.

What did they ask for, specifically? The transaction which funded your account? Did they want you to sign a message from the funding address?

The site is up on btc-e.nz now. The ticket system is apparently online, and you can submit your inquiry there.

It's going to turn 2 years since I'm trying to recover my account. I do have every bit of information they required, including a former verification on their partners on my original email.

They completely ignored me.

On a side, where exactly did you see the ticket system on btc-e.nz? Can't seem to find it.

*Image Removed*
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:16:35 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 02:30:42 AM by warningsigns

Scammers will always be scammers. It's ingrained in this exchange's very being. To unlock your (probably empty) accounts, they will require you to go through hoops and fire and storms. I use the phrase "probably empty" here because your coins, if any, would have been part of their seized assets, consolidated in one single seizure event. Their entire cold storage.

Then if you pass that first stage, you have more tests to pass. Questions they know an average human is incapable of remembering answers to. And of course there is always a plan B: the industry-proven silent treatment. Silence is after all one of the best tools in a scammer's arsenal.  You will need nerves of steel to patiently wait it out.

If they haven't learned from the recent past, they risk being seized again... and again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: