Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:48:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hassle of Using Bitcoin In Everyday Life  (Read 1266 times)
MaryCotta

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:18:27 AM

Where I live, no goods accept bitcoin. Where I live is also. Because coin is not stable, no store accepts bitcoin payments
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:23:18 AM

Have you ever wondered why it is a hassle though? I mean almost no one accepts it in real life, so of course it is going to be a hassle until more and more places begin accepting it and before you know it we will be using it for daily purchases!

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:27:07 AM

OK, every time I spend bitcoin I instantly regret it.   Lately that is. And that's because of the deflationary nature of it.  There's no way in hell you'll catch me complaining about the dearth of merchants that accept it.  I'd much rather use fiat for buying stuff and keep btc in my wallet.   Does anyone feel the same?

I did buy some junk silver recenty--and here we are pushing $5000!  I don't regret it,  but that shows you the opportunity cost of spending btc.

Every once and awhile i think about how much wealth ive lost buying things with BTCitcoin over the years.  When I heard predictions of BTCitcoin reaching a $1000 I laughed at the idea.  Now i read about 100k BTCitcoin and i dont bat an eye. Of course it will. Just a matter of time. 
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:27:32 AM

Is it just me?

Save using gift cards, or the rate app portal, I basically have no choice but to use a bitcoin debit card if I actually want to spend my BTC. I have never actually seen a real store that actually accepts bitcoin. At least a brick and mortar. I live in NC, near the SC border. save the Research Triangle, bitcoin is still absolutely unknown in these parts. Is it better in more metropolitan areas, or is this pretty much the case across the whole US?

No you're not alone. I was in states between 2012 and 2014, nobody was accepting bitcoin as a peyment method and it's still the same despite 3 more years. Nothing changed so far. And it's likely to stay the same like this. They couldn't adopt bitcoin as a payment way, somehow...
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:19:48 AM

For me it is not actually hassle because I never treat is or will use it as payment. It is an investment that I do not use for transaction of consumer produects and services. I only check the prices and I will cash it out if I need the money. But maybe in the future, it will be used and be common to more people. And with that, it will be easier for people because it is an additional option for transaction. And instead of cash, people can transact digitally which will be just a tap away from mobile phones or other devices.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:24:52 AM

When I was driving south to Florida about 10 years ago, Starbucks
was apparently unknown in the Carolinas, because I couldn't find
one to save my life. Point being, stuff takes time to change. I tend
to agree that it is currently nearly impossible to find a b&m place that
accepts bitcoin, but that'll change.  There are online merchants that
do take it, and that's enough for me.  I don't see a reason to spend
crypto when you can spend fiat.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:28:04 AM

If that is the case in the US, then it is more likely the same for most parts of the world, or worse. There are only a handful of countries that have taken the initial steps in making bitcoin more acceptable for daily transactions. Japan, Korea, Australia, and Russia are among the countries that come to mind, but it is by no means a countrywide thing. Maybe there are just certain areas where we can expect usage of bitcoon to be higher given that it is something rather new in the eyes of the oridnary people.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:54:44 AM

Just wait until Bitcoin becomes mainstream. This will be one of those threads we look back at and laugh (when the price is $1,000,000). Everyone will be using Bitcoin easily by then on our smartphones. Cheesy
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:36:08 AM

Just wait until Bitcoin becomes mainstream. This will be one of those threads we look back at and laugh (when the price is $1,000,000). Everyone will be using Bitcoin easily by then on our smartphones. Cheesy
I doubt we would ever get to the point where everyone would be using Bitcoin! let's be realistic and grateful that Bitcoin is what it is, instead of wishing for things that may spoil the entire party, should they show up. Are we forgetting that Bitcoin is a threat to local currencies, aside from few progressive minded governments, will every other government willingly support Bitcoin and facilitate the provision of enabling infrastructures they would make most dreams here a reality? The answer is no. So then the challenges and not hassles we face in trying to use Bitcoin is actually nothing compared to the pains not having it at all entails.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: