Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just banned from BFL forums  (Read 7323 times)
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 04:05:14 PM

Just happened. True Story

I helpfully pointed out how their customer service sucks with links to the many threads here pointing out the distain and campaign to rid Bitcointalk of their ads and such. *edit* yes I probably could have handled it with a bit more tact, I admit.  But I'm trying to speak for the community and try and get BFL_Josh to answer for his companies' crimes.

I asked for a change of address through email, 2 weeks in I finally got a reply after starting my thread, a week after I hit them back still no change to my shipping address as Jally's "fly" out the door.

Asked for a refund. No answer.

Now I am apparently now banned with a time limit of "Never"

I guess Ill not be getting my money back, or my order is being sent to the wrong place?

It is now my vendetta to lose them as much business as I can. So good job turning a potential customer into a sworn enemy. I will get my order money back in lost orders for you.

Where is my money you bastards?

I call for a full on mutiny, enough is enough. These people are a pimple on the ass of this industry and needs to be cleansed.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:11:28 PM

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Just happened. True Story

I helpfully pointed out how their customer service sucks with links to the many threads here pointing out the distain and campaign to rid Bitcointalk of their ads and such.

I asked for a change of address through email, 2 weeks in I finally got a reply after starting my thread, a week after I hit them back still no change to my shipping address as Jally's "fly" out the door.

Asked for a refund. No answer.

Now I am apparently now banned with a time limit of "Never"

I guess Ill not be getting my money back, or my order is being sent to the wrong place?

It is now my vendetta to lose them as much business as I can. So good job turning a potential customer into a sworn enemy. I will get my order money back in lost orders for you.

Where is my money you bastards?

I call for a full on mutiny, enough is enough. These people are a pimple on the ass of this industry and needs to be cleansed.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 04:15:33 PM

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

I am Jack's raging bile duct  Angry Angry

mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:19:52 PM

Yeah I reversed Paypal before it was too late, can't trust a business that treats customers terribly.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Yeah I reversed Paypal before it was too late, can't trust a business that treats customers terribly.

I'm looking into my options for a reverse charge, all I can do at this point I suppose.

Anyone else astounded by the fanboyism over there? Must be inner circle or just 100% delusional because they hold order #1-10 or something

glitch003

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:54:55 PM

Maybe consider filing an FTC complaint as well.

This may be of interest to you: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

Complaint form: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

This may be of interest to you: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

I will happily do so, might stop by the BBB as well.

I just tried filing a resolution with PayPal but it was instantly closed, too long since the initial transaction I guess?

So BFL has my money and apparently won't give it back. I will give it some more time but I might just be screwed here.

7iain7

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:11:01 PM

For me the maths don't add up, why sell something when in ten days of running you could make more money by keeping. Unless that's the plan wait for the difficulty to reach a certain level then sell them when they no longer make enough profit ??
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:57:56 PM

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge....

In all seriousness, for what us idealist are trying to do with crypto coins, you'd think there would be a fuck ton more Fight Club references floating around here...

Back on subject. Send a certified letter requesting a refund, the means in which would be acceptable for them (BFL) to return said funds. If they refuse, call the pigs or something... just make sure you document everything or you wont have a leg to stand on.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:58:51 PM

Don't be surprised if what breaks the camel's back in this whole fiasco of BFL is a lawsuit where BFL's accounts are seized.

Just saying...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:04:12 PM

Don't be surprised if what breaks the camel's back in this whole fiasco of BFL is a lawsuit where BFL's accounts are seized.
Just saying...

I'm genuinely curious if they have heard from the Missouri AG or the FTC yet about my complaints.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:22:13 PM

I just tried filing a resolution with PayPal but it was instantly closed, too long since the initial transaction I guess?

So BFL has my money and apparently won't give it back. I will give it some more time but I might just be screwed here.

If you are going to report what you think is a scam. The scamming BBB site is not the place to do so.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:48:31 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 10:00:58 PM by Operatr

Well, if you want a refund apparently I found a fast method-

Go over to their forums, start a thread entitled "Your customer service sucks" outlining how you went through proper channels at first to resolve your issues (simple shipping address change in my case) and didn't hear anything back for weeks.

Tell the first BFL fanboy to get in your face for questioning their all knowing and infallible overlords to "suck Josh's scammer dick more"

Once banned, head over to their Facebook and ask them politely "where is my money you fucks..."

Then send another email to customer service calmly explaining I would be posting a thread entitled "BFL IS A SCAM" on every forum I could find until I get my money back.

Just got:

Hi Adam,

The referenced order has been canceled, you will receive a refund through PayPal within 5 business days. Thank you for your business.

Best Wishes,
Abbey
BF Labs, Inc.

Sure, I could have been more mature about it, but this is not a mature company either when it comes to their business practices and helping their customers with legitimate problems.  It did become my mission after a point to simply be as disruptive as I needed to be to get my money back from these scamming cheats and liars immediatly. Mission accomplished. Sometimes you have to fight the dirty with dirt.

Ill be giving my funds to the likes of ASICMiner or someone else that actually deserves it instead.

Fuck you Inaba, your company is garbage and I will be making sure the world knows it too.

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:51:10 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 10:04:05 PM by Operatr

For me the maths don't add up, why sell something when in ten days of running you could make more money by keeping. Unless that's the plan wait for the difficulty to reach a certain level then sell them when they no longer make enough profit ??

It isnt about money, its about the principle.

This company has dicked everyone around for over a year, not delivered, called their customers idiots, and is run by convicted scammers.

Nope, I will be dead before I let my funds help keep this shameful display alive.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:27:41 PM

It isnt about money, its about the principle.

This company has dicked everyone around for over a year, not delivered, called their customers idiots, and is run by convicted scammers.

Nope, I will be dead before I let my funds help keep this shameful display alive.

Remember all those threads/posts we made months ago where we said customers would start to get pissed and will be the demise of BFL..

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:53:27 PM

BBB is a good start, but they are pretty much a powerless entity if the company chooses to ignore your complaint.  An approach with more bite would be to notify your state's attorney general's office if you are in the USA.  Charge back your credit card immediately.  Do not mess with paypal or useless refund requests.  Your credit card is there to protect you, as much as we all hate the big banks.  That is their job.  If that fails, then, consult with a lawyer on a contingency basis (they don't make a dime unless you win, and then they take a percentage) to sue them for the amount they owe you.  They will consider things you haven't even dreamed of beyond what you are owed, like lost earnings and punitive damages for bad faith.  The letter from the attorney alone should be enough to get your refund, but you may be able to get far more.

Edit:  ah nevermind I see you got refunded.  I will leave this up for anyone else going through the same thing though.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:18:59 PM

BBB is a good start, but they are pretty much a powerless entity if the company chooses to ignore your complaint.  An approach with more bite would be to notify your state's attorney general's office if you are in the USA.  Charge back your credit card immediately.  Do not mess with paypal or useless refund requests.  Your credit card is there to protect you, as much as we all hate the big banks.  That is their job.  If that fails, then, consult with a lawyer on a contingency basis (they don't make a dime unless you win, and then they take a percentage) to sue them for the amount they owe you.  They will consider things you haven't even dreamed of beyond what you are owed, like lost earnings and punitive damages for bad faith.  The letter from the attorney alone should be enough to get your refund, but you may be able to get far more.

Edit:  ah nevermind I see you got refunded.  I will leave this up for anyone else going through the same thing though.

Well, they say I will be refunded, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that within 5 days my money will return since I have no choice.

Really it is true, BBB and other agencies can't really do squat. Best course is to kill them at the source: spread the word about their epic scam and try to keep any new money from reaching them from gullible customers like myself. Granted, all of the information wasn't there when I ordered like many. If I had known their CEO was a scammer from the jump I never would have sent them anything.

jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:34:48 AM

I bet if Butterflylabs only knew what kind of ridiculous shit people would pull because they cant wait for their magical money printing machine to get here fast enough they would have charged twice as much.  Not charging twice as much is most likely their only regret. 

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:55:34 AM

Really it is true, BBB and other agencies can't really do squat. Best course is to kill them at the source: spread the word about their epic scam and try to keep any new money from reaching them from gullible customers like myself. Granted, all of the information wasn't there when I ordered like many. If I had known their CEO was a scammer from the jump I never would have sent them anything.

Therein lies the rub. If I knew Butterfly Labs had such a shady history, I never would have involved myself with them in the first place Sad It seemed silly, at the time, to consider thinking about canceling the order when they were supposed to ship back in October... November... December... January... February... March... April...

I'm all for second chances and redemption, but the company seems rotten to the core from everything we've witnessed over the last year.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:32:20 PM

Refund From    BF Labs Inc.   Pending Until May 29, 2013

On my PayPal

It appears I shall indeed get my money back soon

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: