Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just banned from BFL forums  (Read 7323 times)
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

My trust was so low I really wasnt sure they would give me a refund because I spoke up on my displeasure. Had I not been as disruptive as I was who knows if they would have given my money back, I quite literally did threaten to slander them up and down with the facts anywhere I could until I got my funds back (though I'll be doing that anyway). I've heard others got refunds but not without some effort.

I will know if they will make good in about 3 days, if so I can call myself free of their web of lies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:24:28 PM

My trust was so low I really wasnt sure they would give me a refund because I spoke up on my displeasure. Had I not been as disruptive as I was who knows if they would have given my money back, I quite literally did threaten to slander them up and down with the facts anywhere I could until I got my funds back (though I'll be doing that anyway). I've heard others got refunds but not without some effort.

I will know if they will make good in about 3 days, if so I can call myself free of their web of lies.

Slander != Facts. Stick to facts.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:27:59 PM

Slander != Facts. Stick to facts.

Well, not slander I suppose, just spreading the facts, like their CEO being a convicted criminal fraudster  Shocked

infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:32:33 PM

Can I start a bounty on BFL? Every who has money in BFL invests in lawyers and police. With enough support the customers as a whole can get their bank accounts cleared and a search warrant to the BFL factory. What happened to Simon Hausdorf at btc-24 can happen to them.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 03:00:47 PM by ISAWHIM

Can I start a bounty on BFL? Every who has money in BFL invests in lawyers and police. With enough support the customers as a whole can get their bank accounts cleared and a search warrant to the BFL factory. What happened to Simon Hausdorf at btc-24 can happen to them.

I hope they are a scam... lol... I keep directing future investors there... My plan is... if they are a scam, that leaves more future hashing power for me, since everyone spent money there, and not on more GPU cards. However, if they are not, I am as screwed as they are. (Because if they are not a scam, that will turn all those 60GHs units into the equivalent of a single 7970, when everyone has one, and others have 1.5THs units. Funny thing is, they are paying $2000+ for what I only had to pay $380 for. That same 0.000001% of the market.)

Any way you cut it... those who didn't buy THs machines are going to have to mine for years to get the money they paid, except the first few dozen who get the actual units.

Looking at the hashing-power of the network, I see that the machines have about as much up-time as down-time. They will all be spending about 90% of the time sitting idle, with no transaction work to process. Not unless they start allowing smaller transactions again, and they start taking all the "free" transactions to fill a block.

The joke is on those STILL buying... The money they spend now (like a pyramid scam), is going to those who are now asking for refunds. BFL wants you to get a refund. They don't actually want to give you units. They used everyone to build themselves all the THs units. Just like Avalon and the blades... Bitcoin is going to be a corporate coin now. Thanks to many greedy investors who just couldn't say no.

LOL, until the Chinese decide they want to make the 1.5THs units for us, for $200 each... since they don't care about copyrights, and they have all these chips laying around, and us wanting to buy them to drive BFL and others under for robbing us of our value in the market. Mass-production wins every time.

For the record, I DO have an order in for one... just for the novelty of it. It CAN be programmed to crack and hash... so it does have other non-coin related potential. If it can't be used to make coins honestly, it can be used to make other funds in other ways. lol. If they can get them to stay running.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

-snip-

I hope they are a scam... lol... I keep directing future investors there... My plan is... if they are a scam, that leaves more future hashing power for me, since everyone spent money there,

*facepalm* Stop giving them money!

+1

Craigmac

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:12:41 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 08:25:15 AM by Craigmac

Well, didn't some guy walk into BFL and get kicked out? Reminds me of those magazine salespeople from the 90's. Sell you magazines and you never get them and when you show up to the office they call the police on you. People would show up and try to argue with these kinds of people. Been there done that.

As far as slander I don't see any yet, keep up the fact talk and your good. You know companies like this only stay in business if they have a list of paid supporters, be careful whom might be quick to defend or tell you to get your facts straight because odds are they those people are disinfo and on the payroll.  Grin there around here somewhere.

As a outsider that really got into Bitcoin too late, I notice a lot of crying over BFL. People get real excited because they say they will ship and when they don't arrive they crash and cry and try to justify why nothing came. Then when you ask people why not cancel and move on in life they attack you... almost like they have a abusive love hate relationship with BFL. Honestly its a little sad to read these threads on every Bitcoin board bout BFL crying all emotional. Its sad that any company would do this, yet none of these people give up and cancel their order... its amazing.

How many of you have actually just given your money away when no product was ever there or existed? I mean if this was a car would you hand the dealer thousands to receive it a year later? would you pay for a sandwich only to eat it in a years time? So much trust in something you know nothing about. I just find this odd. They learn on your dime.

Well im staying clear and sorry I'm a straight talker so that's my 2ct.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:17:56 AM

Well, didn't some guy walk into BFL and get kicked out? Reminds me of those magazine salespeople from the 90's. Sell you magazines and you never get them and when you show up to the office they call the police on you. People would show up and try to argue with these kinds of people. Been there done that.

As far as slander I don't see any yet, keep up the fact talk and your good. You know companies like this only stay in business if they have a list of paid supporters, be careful whom might be quick to defend or tell you to get your facts straight because odds are they those people are disinfo and on the payroll.  Grin there around here somewhere.

As a outsider that really got into Bitcoin too late, I notice a lot of crying over BFL. People get real excited because they say they will ship and when they don't arrive they crash and cry and try to justify why nothing came. Then when you ask people why not cancel and move on in life they attack you... almost like they have a abusive love hate relationship with BFL. Honestly its a little sad to read these threads on every Bitcoin board bout BFL crying all emotional. Its sad that any company would do this, yet none of these people give up and cancel their order... its amazing.

How many of you have actually just given your money away when no product was ever there or existed? I mean if this was a car would you hand the dealer thousands to receive it a year later? would you pay for a sandwich only to eat it in a years time? So much trust in something you know nothing about. I just find this odd. They learn on your dime.

Well im staying clear and sorry I'm a straight talker so that's my 2ct.

If only every new person to this forum comes away with that evaluation... nay.... it is good at least one new person does learn from those who made the mistake. Here is hoping the moaning and whining does in fact turn the tide of pre-order mania and people stop giving this company money.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:50:36 AM

There is some definite stockholm syndrome going on. Over on their forums I was attacked several times for calling out a simple fact that their customer service time was unacceptable (weeks? for a company with millions of dollars how can that be). The acolytes descended harshly to defend their masters, despite another simple fact they have not delivered on the new BitForce line for over a year.

It astounded me people would defend them so with a mountain of evidence that they are a company comprised of actual, convicted scammers and amateurs. And in Josh's case, just assholes.

hammz

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:02:19 PM

They never even had a finished product, and people gave them money for what exactly I'm wondering. 

One day i want to buy magic beans to grow a magic beanstalk, so i can climb it, and get the golden eggs...sounds plausible.  I think I saw some magic beans for sale on  ebay via hong kong...fee shipping.....brb..

infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

They never even had a finished product, and people gave them money for what exactly I'm wondering. 

One day i want to buy magic beans to grow a magic beanstalk, so i can climb it, and get the golden eggs...sounds plausible.  I think I saw some magic beans for sale on  ebay via hong kong...fee shipping.....brb..

In Soviet controlled East Germany you can pre-order a Trabby (a small car for communists) and then you get put on a waiting list and you get the car after 20 years. usually when a baby is born someone from the family would order the car, so that when he/she grows up they will have a car then.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:39:13 PM

Maybe consider filing an FTC complaint as well.

This may be of interest to you: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

Complaint form: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

I will happily do so, might stop by the BBB as well.

I just tried filing a resolution with PayPal but it was instantly closed, too long since the initial transaction I guess?

So BFL has my money and apparently won't give it back. I will give it some more time but I might just be screwed here.

If you are going to report what you think is a scam. The scamming BBB site is not the place to do so.

AMEN. ALLELUIA.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:46:53 PM

Just file a consumer complaint with the Kansas AG's office. FTC is not going to get you anywhere. The AG may actually do something about these clowns.

http://ag.ks.gov/

Here's the direct link to the form: https://ag.ks.gov/contact-us/file-a-complaint/consumer-investigation-request

When you fill it out, make sure you document everything as well as you can. The AG is not going to pursue an investigation if your request just says "These guys suck." without any documentation to back it up.

If you want to file a complaint against BFL, the Kansas AG will give you the most bang for your buck as long as you don't fill out the form half-assed.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:54:04 PM

Alright, well I did receive my full refund today on my order.

So, it is possible to get a refund if you voice your displeasure enough.

I suggest if you are unhappy with your order you do the same to tell them what you think about their business before it is too late.

kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:58:35 PM

WOW. BFL is a scam straight up
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:25:48 AM

Remember all those threads/posts we made months ago where we said customers would start to get pissed and will be the demise of BFL..

They called us the "BFL clowns league". Now everyone knows who the real clowns are ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: