Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:41:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There's a huge opportunity to build a SatoshiDice.com competitor. MUST READ!  (Read 710 times)
bitcoin_domains (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:17:48 PM

SatoshiDice.com takes in over $1,000,000 USD in bets per day! Don't be jealous, build your own dice game. Here are the top 3 reasons why this is possible.

Put aside the debate on whether Satoshi Dice is a bad or good thing for Bitcoin and the blockchain.

Let's take a moment to talk about making money, and lots of it!

Sometimes in life, ideas need to be challenged. Now, it may seem like an uphill battle for someone to build a new service that can beat the established incumbent. However, I've seen it time and time again, that this can ABSOLUTELY be done. Here are some ideas on why you CAN build a successor to Satoshi Dice:

TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC!

Build a complete turnkey affiliate program that allows savvy individuals to generate and refer traffic to their own skinned dice clone. The operator needs to provide different website themes, custom URL, traffic and betting stats, localized in all major languages, and of course provide a full bankroll.

The #1 reason why Satoshi Dice is so successful, is because of their integration with Blockchain.info. Just imagine if your local bank implemented a feature to easily gamble from within your online banking (some would say they already do this with investment accounts lol). THAT BEING SAID, PARTNERSHIPS WITH WALLET DEVELOPERS ARE KEY!

ALTCOINS

Many people, including myself, are very interested in mining or investing in Altcoins (ie. Litecoin, Namecoin, etc). There are not many places to spend these other alternative virtual currencies. I believe there is a big market for gambling those coins.

BAD LUCK

In life, either people fuck up or bad stuff happens that is completely out of their control. Especially in this grey industry. For example:

-Hackers compromising servers
-Targeted government domain seizures
-Miscellaneous legal problems
-Bad press and tarnished reputation

Like they say, patience is a virtue and sometimes just being somewhere at the right place, right time is the key to success.

I hope you enjoyed this post ... good luck!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SoftballSuperstar

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:26:15 PM

http://primedice.com

Already done Smiley
jmbinfo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:50:38 PM

It isn't building a product or building a competitor to sato...it's the marketing you have to put in in order for it to become successful. It costs either a crap ton of money, crap ton of time, or usually both.
bitcoin_domains (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:00:34 PM

I'm just saying that it's completely possible with strategic partnerships and aggressive methods in generating traffic.

Here's one simple example. Bitcoin exchanges from around the world (and in friendly jurisdictions) are looking for ancillary revenue streams, why not have them copy Blockchain.info's strategy of integrating Satoshi Dice directly in the account?
jmbinfo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:18:43 PM

I'm just saying that it's completely possible with strategic partnerships and aggressive methods in generating traffic.

Here's one simple example. Bitcoin exchanges from around the world (and in friendly jurisdictions) are looking for ancillary revenue streams, why not have them copy Blockchain.info's strategy of integrating Satoshi Dice directly in the account?

It isn't an argument about if it is a good idea or not. It is a matter of resources and whether or not you have them to get the task(s) completed. It would be a great idea to build a super fast train that would cross the USA in a couple of hours but I aint got the resources to make that happen.
rosatambo

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:41:15 PM

There are always new games in the works.  How much marketing did SD actually do? 
101Official

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:42:32 PM

Why does it have to be a dice game?  Seriously, there have to be more interesting games than dice. And it's not even dice!  It's just some random number.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: