Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:05:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About to start mining Eutherium  (Read 454 times)
laquica (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:22:22 AM

I am a beginner in the world of mining, I want to start investing and this in mining Eutherium, I want to build my own machine and this by buying Radeon Rx 480, knowing that I have access to free electricity , I would like to know more about the necessary hardware, how many cards should I buy to start getting a good profit? is it feasible to install a water / fan cooling system or to install an air conditioner?
is there a anyway to calculate my gain before I start building ?
Your help is very appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IIV

Activity: 130
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:36:21 AM

I am a beginner in the world of mining, I want to start investing and this in mining Eutherium, I want to build my own machine and this by buying Radeon Rx 480, knowing that I have access to free electricity , I would like to know more about the necessary hardware, how many cards should I buy to start getting a good profit? is it feasible to install a water / fan cooling system or to install an air conditioner?

Buy a motherboard that supports the maximum number of Graphics cards, at least 4.
Attach as many graphics card as possible to your motherboard.
Use fans, air conditioner don't work much.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:46:13 PM

At this point i would be very careful putting a large amount of money into mining ethereum because sometime soon they are supposed to be switching to prrof of stake which means your mining equipment will be useless for mining eth. You could still use your miner to mine something else but again return of investment might be very slow.

If your going down the route of gpu mining depending on how many cards you want to use your going to need a pc with a decent sized power supply again depending on how many cards and a few pci slots and optionally some pci risers to add in more cards.

www.whattomine.com can give you an idea of how much you are set to earn if you know what cards/hashrate your aiming for.

Dependnig on your ambient room tempature and how you setup your rig additional cooling may not be needed.

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:01:49 PM

You should wait for cheaper equipment. It is very expensive now. ROI is about 10 months and maybe more. But,if you decide to do it is best with 6 GPU's. You don't need cooling system if it is 1-2 machines.
beebee187

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:38:00 PM

I have had a few rigs up and running for the last 6 months, and have found that you can actually get 8 cards onto a unit. Depending on the price of Ethereum and the stability of your set up, you should be able to generate approximately 300 USD per month per unit. You then have to subtract electrical and maintenance costs from that. So depending what your goals are, it may not be worth running just one small rig.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 03:43:43 PM

I am a beginner in the world of mining, I want to start investing and this in mining Eutherium,

You confused me for a second Smiley I thought there is a new mineable coin out there Eutherium i never heard before  Grin
Im sure you talking about Ethereum ... right ? Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
MTHOZ

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:45:43 PM

If you have free electricity just get the all  r9 290/290x and r9 390/390x gpus

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN (https://bitvest.io/)
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: