Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:27:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good job killing DGC /  (Read 4035 times)
503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:36:26 PM

Also, if you had your way and it was linear -- there would be no reason to mine anything but BTC, since they all would produce the same amount of money in the end.

And your numbers for FTC are off, so much for simple math..

200 x (3600 / 50) = 14,400 Coins per hour

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:44:05 PM

WDC vs DGC the race to the bottom

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
503guy

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:45:26 PM

Can I request a community silence on this thread? The thread title is misleading.

Please don't post here anymore and let it get out of here.

streisand effect, good job.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

Also, if you had your way and it was linear -- there would be no reason to mine anything but BTC, since they all would produce the same amount of money in the end.

Correct, the only difference between the coins would be the energy required for SHA256d vs scrypt, and the good will component of each coin.

That's why the majority of people only mine BTC, and are seeking to reduce energy costs via FPGA/ASIC etc.

Doesn't stop my table being a useful guide for relative values to show people just how far out they were with DGC price.
503guy

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

Correct, the only difference between the coins would be the energy required for SHA256d vs scrypt, and the good will component of each coin.

That's why the majority of people only mine BTC, and are seeking to reduce energy costs via FPGA/ASIC etc.

Doesn't stop my table being a useful guide for relative values to show people just how far out they were with DGC price.

Just so there is no confusion, here is the correct data:

Code:
Coin		Coins/block	Time/Block(secs)	Coins/hour	Value vs BTC	$USD

BTC 25 600 150 1 $125.00
LTC 50 150 1200 0.125 $15.63
DGC 20 20 3600 0.0416666667 $5.21
CNC 88 60 5280 0.0284090909 $3.55
WDC 32 15 7680 0.01953125 $2.44
FTC 200 50 14400 0.010416667 $1.30

I agree, DGC is selling for less than the other coins that produce way more coins.

erk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:15:14 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 09:32:48 PM by erk

Just so there is no confusion, here is the correct data:

Code:
Coin		Coins/block	Time/Block(secs)	Coins/hour	Value vs BTC	$USD

BTC 25 600 150 1 $125.00
LTC 50 150 1200 0.125 $15.63
DGC 20 20 3600 0.0416666667 $5.21
CNC 88 60 5280 0.0284090909 $3.55
WDC 32 15 7680 0.01953125 $2.44
FTC 200 50 14400 0.010416667 $1.30

I agree, DGC is selling for less than the other coins that produce way more coins.
There is a typo on FTC it's block time is 150 not 50 I must have typed over it by accident when I pasted here from my spreadsheet and trying to get the columns to line up.
krasnyoktyabr

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:51:23 PM

Basic math doesn't dictate the value. And where is gldcoins on your chart?

It would be way lower than everything on there because so many are being mined in a short period of time.
erk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:02:03 PM

Basic math doesn't dictate the value. And where is gldcoins on your chart?

It would be way lower than everything on there because so many millions were mined in a tiny tiny period of time.

It's lower because people are stupid and assign too much good will to BTC. LTC has been around for ages, is trading at a fraction of it's relative worth, which kind of blows your "many millions were mined in a tiny tiny period of time" theory.

Remember DGC started off with low coins per block too, and for the first couple of hours most people were getting nothing but orphans.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Market is getting diluted. Every pump and dump since Feathercoin has finished off quicker than the last. Development continuing on past the selloff phase is what will determne is a coin has potential staying power.
jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:33:09 PM

Market is getting diluted. Every pump and dump since Feathercoin has finished off quicker than the last. Development continuing on past the selloff phase is what will determne is a coin has potential staying power.

This is why I support DGC. The lack of premine & the low block reward for early adopters should help to negate this problem.

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
erk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:38:15 PM

How many crypto coins have disappeared from exchanges?

This is why I support DGC. The lack of premine & the low block reward for early adopters should help to negate this problem.
Those things are kind of trivial, because the pre-mine issue only pisses off miners, traders don't care where the coin comes from on the exchange as they have no way to know, they are only interested in price and volume.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:57:11 PM

except you miss the glaringly obvious variable of coins circulation.
Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:01:48 PM

If it should it will.

Relax I dumped my WDC early, cause I knew there were millions of them and that the coin was just too fast to be secure . (I think they have an unwanted fork on their hands now).

I am not selling this one .

People werent selling that much even here. Price will rise. Steadily and naturaly. (not like WDC initial pumps)
I haven't sold any WDC yet because of people like you dumping below it's price. DGC is almost identical to WDC so there are millions of DGC out there too for you to dump. Please go mine BTC where you can do little harm.

Getting the price wrong on launch can set it back weeks even months.

You are wrong, just about 300k of DGC have been mined.

I am sorry but I did not believe in WDC. Just my view.

DGC is just a WDC clone that's why the prices are tied to each other why would anyone buy pretty much a copy cat for .003 when they can get WDC for .0005

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

If it should it will.

Relax I dumped my WDC early, cause I knew there were millions of them and that the coin was just too fast to be secure . (I think they have an unwanted fork on their hands now).

People werent selling that much even here. Price will rise. Steadily and naturaly. (not like WDC initial pumps)
I haven't sold any WDC yet because of people like you dumping below it's price. DGC is almost identical to WDC so there are millions of DGC out there too for you to dump. Please go mine BTC where you can do little harm.

not exactly the same.  one is coded better.

DGC is just a WDC clone that's why the prices are tied to each other why would anyone buy pretty much a copy cat for .003 when they can get WDC for .0005
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:19:31 PM

How many crypto coins have disappeared from exchanges?

BTC-E has removed quite a few... RUCoin, FBX, TBX, GeistGeld, I0C, CLC, DVC, IXC. There may be others I've missed.
erk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:36:54 PM

If it should it will.

That's partially true, but the hourly creation rate of DGC is much lower than WDC, enough to give DGC greater value assuming all coins created are  in circulation which they won't be. Unfortunately sites like Coinchoose don't factor in the creation rate and number in circulation.
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:39:56 PM

They are either idiots that don't know how to trade on an exchange, or stooges that are there to deliberately keep the price down. Either way they have spoilt a good coin which should be selling for 0.003 BTC not 0.00056 BTC I have stopped mining DGC because it is selling too low. Coinchoose  is misleading people into mining coins that are hard to sell or sell for too little.

You seem to think that the market is wrong. The market is never wrong. If you fail to make money off rallies and pullbacks then you're wrong, not the market. Everyone makes their bets, when things go in the other direction we made a mistake, not the other way around.
erk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:43:02 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 11:13:08 PM by erk

They are either idiots that don't know how to trade on an exchange, or stooges that are there to deliberately keep the price down. Either way they have spoilt a good coin which should be selling for 0.003 BTC not 0.00056 BTC I have stopped mining DGC because it is selling too low. Coinchoose  is misleading people into mining coins that are hard to sell or sell for too little.

You seem to think that the market is wrong. The market is never wrong. If you fail to make money off rallies and pullbacks then you're wrong, not the market. Everyone makes their bets, when things go in the other direction we made a mistake, not the other way around.
I don't think the market is wrong, they are your words. I think the sellers are idiots, they don't understand the difference between coins. I believe DGC should eventually be worth one third of LTC plus or minus good will.

People who believe that the market is always right, are usual the ones that fall for market manipulation tricks. Fortunately there are many people left that still do fundamental analysis and can spot a lot of the manipulation.
BitJohn

Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:44:25 PM

They are either idiots that don't know how to trade on an exchange, or stooges that are there to deliberately keep the price down. Either way they have spoilt a good coin which should be selling for 0.003 BTC not 0.00056 BTC I have stopped mining DGC because it is selling too low. Coinchoose  is misleading people into mining coins that are hard to sell or sell for too little.

You sir are absolutely correct Smiley
BitJohn

Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:47:57 PM

They are either idiots that don't know how to trade on an exchange, or stooges that are there to deliberately keep the price down. Either way they have spoilt a good coin which should be selling for 0.003 BTC not 0.00056 BTC I have stopped mining DGC because it is selling too low. Coinchoose  is misleading people into mining coins that are hard to sell or sell for too little.

I don't think the market is wrong, they are your words. I think the sellers are idiots, they don't understand the difference between coins. I believe DGC should eventually be worth one third of LTC plus or minus good will.

you sir are also correct lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: