Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good job killing DGC /  (Read 4035 times)
Hibero

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:02:26 PM

I am just buying right now. I can't mine anything substantial and I know comparative to other alt-coins this coin has good enough chance to snap back. Especially once it gets on a larger exchange.

Nibble and DGC are the newer type of cryptos. Sadly, Nibble died due to mining pump & dumps. (When a lot of miners start mining and then suddenly jump. It creates a unbearable difficulty spike) Now if someone makes a coin like DGC and Nibble that is more resistant to mine & jumps then I will possibly switch my mining efforts.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

Man, I never expected DGC to drop so fast. And right now, the lower block reward, and fair start, are actually causing it to devalue further. I hope things change, when it hits an actual exchange.

Hibero

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:14:26 PM

Man, I never expected DGC to drop so fast. And right now, the lower block reward, and fair start, are actually causing it to devalue further. I hope things change, when it hits an actual exchange.

Wouldn't the lower block reward make it devalue less than a high block reward? And a fair start wouldn't necessarily devalue it but make it more valuable to start off due to the lack of supply?
503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:14:44 PM

I'm just buying as much as I can.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:16:04 PM

The block reward makes little difference as long as the blocks are still coming out at the designed rate. It is a miners problem, not a traders problem. I too hope that DGC makes it onto BTC-e.

kaputt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:21:05 PM

Even though this early, low selling hurts the coin, I don't think it will hurt it too much. I think the coin is healthy. It's clear that their is faith and trust in the coin. I attribute this to the honest attempts of the dev to be fair, transparent and active. The launch was not perfect, but it was possibly the best one I have seen. The coin does have merit. Those just wanting to make some quick, secure money have the right to sell low and early. I expected it to happen. I certainly wouldn't sell so low. DGC is worth more than that to me. I don't want to horde, but I am not going to sell low.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

Even though this early, low selling hurts the coin, I don't think it will hurt it too much. I think the coin is healthy. It's clear that their is faith and trust in the coin. I attribute this to the honest attempts of the dev to be fair, transparent and active. The launch was not perfect, but it was possibly the best one I have seen. The coin does have merit. Those just wanting to make some quick, secure money have the right to sell low and early. I expected it to happen. I certainly wouldn't sell so low. DGC is worth more than that to me. I don't want to horde, but I am not going to sell low.

The Dev of DGC is one of the most respected Dev's, in my book. I really wanted his coin to succeed, but you know, miners who have more hash power, then braincells, will just continue to dump blindly

billionaire

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:26:40 PM

Early miners are going to dump. It is very irritating, but if you don't dump early, you lose a lot of value. It's the same for any coin. The good thing is that if you believe in the coin having a future, you get to sell your mined coins and buy back in really cheap.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:27:12 PM

I have faith in DGC, I can't see anything wrong with it. It's fast and not many in circulation. I have a small sell order on Cryptsy, but at what I think is the appropriate price .00838BTC which is one third of the current LTC/BTC price. I am patient, I see no reason to sell if it's below what I think is correct. I have lots of other junk coins with less potential to sell.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:34:34 PM

Well so far, sellers on Cryptsy are following the all too common trend for killing a new alt, starting sales at the highest bid for buying, for some reason you people cant hold back just for a little while and start selling at a much higher rate, eventually people Will buy higher, but all you tards sell out, and ruin what could have been a really good profit for the rest of us -

Well why didnt anyone support it at launch. I had 2k to sell when cryptsy finally sorted out their problems but instead started buying. With 1btc I got the selling price up from .0005 to .00077 and people started to buy at that price. It would have taken 1 more btc to get it to 001 but nobody else came onboard. I evetually sold 1btc worth at .00065 and kept my 2k dgc which was probaly a mistake at this stage.
kaputt

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:35:23 PM

The Dev of DGC is one of the most respected Dev's, in my book. I really wanted his coin to succeed, but you know, miners who have more hash power, then braincells, will just continue to dump blindly

It's good to hear you say that. I have read many of your posts, and I know you don't hold back.  Grin

You say "wanted his coin to succeed". This is just the beginning. I expected there to be a group wanting to cash out early for whatever they can get.
kaputt

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:39:41 PM

Well so far, sellers on Cryptsy are following the all too common trend for killing a new alt, starting sales at the highest bid for buying, for some reason you people cant hold back just for a little while and start selling at a much higher rate, eventually people Will buy higher, but all you tards sell out, and ruin what could have been a really good profit for the rest of us -

Well why didnt anyone support it at launch. I had 2k to sell when cryptsy finally sorted out their problems but instead started buying. With 1btc I got the selling price up from .0005 to .00077 and people started to buy at that price. It would have taken 1 more btc to get it to 001 but nobody else came onboard. I evetually sold 1btc worth at .00065 and kept my 2k dgc which was probaly a mistake at this stage.

If I had any BTC left [I cashed out to pay tuition :sadface: ] I would have bought some as well.

Also, I took a look at Cryptsy. All the sell orders at that moment anywhere close to the actual trading price were for less than 1 BTC. It looks to me like people with just a few DGC are trying to consolidate their coins. For the most part, those
1Peter

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:55:51 PM

There's no doubt DGC is one of the better supported coins, both by the dev and the community, and it seems pretty stable with no major problems so far, and there's no-one screaming pre-mine or even bashing it very much.. why shouldn't it go on to succeed?
GSnak

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:57:06 PM

Because at this point it's incredibly redundant.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Because a lot of us was asleep when it launch and we weren't able to deposit until late this morning.  Once deposit was working, I bought out all shares up to 0.00079 (high for the day), including a buy for 2927 shares @ 0.0004.   Grin

I must have bought out some of your shares at 0.00065.   Wink

-tb-

ZeRo103

Activity: 154

Hack The Planet

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy The fear mentality ... people ... hellooouuu ... the coin is only 3 days old ... i'll mine and hold mine  Cool

Good luck to you selling ... i'll buy it when I get home Wink

No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power
Digitalcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0
DGC Marketplace: dgcmarket.com
1Peter

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:08:00 AM

Well, true.. but isn't that always the case in the beginning?
1Peter

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:12:55 AM

Well, true.. but isn't that always the case in the beginning?

They are all redundant.  All crypto coins, just like BTC.

You think BTC too? Even now?
cebb

Activity: 545

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

IMHO The reason price of DGC (and any other new altcoin) falls as soon as it hits an exchange is:

a) Lot of alt-coins at the moment
b) Only miners are aware of the 2 day old coin (who are sellers and not buyers)
c) Those with low latency and high hash power need to dump the coin ASAP before moving on to another. That's because history of all recently launched coins (FTC, CNC, YAC) points to same thing. Price goes down for the first few days and then stagnates at low prices.

1Peter

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:21:19 AM

IMHO The reason price of DGC (and any other new altcoin) falls as soon as it hits an exchange is:

a) Lot of alt-coins at the moment
b) Only miners are aware of the 2 day old coin (who are sellers and not buyers)
c) Those with low latency and high hash power need to dump the coin ASAP before moving on to another. That's because history of all recently launched coins (FTC, CNC, YAC) points to same thing. Price goes down for the first few days and then stagnates at low prices.

I agree, but if it's going to happen to every new altcoin then it's not really a reflection on the coin itself, and the question becomes one of how to survive it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: