Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next Bitcoin?  (Read 2592 times)
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:11:00 PM

People use bitcoin exchanges to hold value because they trust value is not going down they know that if it's going to lose anybody at all it might be a $100 value and it's going to go right back up within a few days. That way when they're exchanging cryptocurrencies, they don't have to keep going straight for Fiat into the exchange and then back out again losing money in The Exchange every time, they also know they don't have to leave it in a crypto-currency that they do not fully trust waking up in the morning to find all of their money gone.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:17:19 PM

This level of trust in Bitcoin and its value is based on nothing more than its history, anybody fresh off the street and has never heard of Bitcoin and it's been asked to pick a coin in the entire list of coins that they would trust to hold value over night, or over the course of 30 days would be very likely to pick Bitcoin.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:36:51 PM

This level of trust in Bitcoin and its value is based on nothing more than its history, anybody fresh off the street and has never heard of Bitcoin and it's been asked to pick a coin in the entire list of coins that they would trust to hold value over night, or over the course of 30 days would be very likely to pick Bitcoin.

Now, as far as purchasing items that are not part of the cryptocurrency world, and mostly outside the online world, bitcoin' is the best choice simply because because it was their first, there's been at least 3 years of solid work on trying to get Bitcoin accepted in more and more environments.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:56:46 PM

Just as I thought, this thread is about some altcoins stuff. Anyway I do not think that what is writted in the article will happen.  First it should go to mainstream, for that to happen anonymity should be abandoned.  Government and finance institution will more likely suppress this altcoin just like monero, Dash and other anon coins.  The altcoin that was introduced in OP's article will never go to the level of Bitcoin adoption because there are already existing altcoins that have that features so no news there.  I do not think that the next Bitcoin had been made yet.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:27:55 PM

I think the purpose of all ico is to be a popular coin, they are designing in such a way, with great innovation.
but the constraints that occur in the market is not easy to compete with bitcoin. even to get into rank 10 it takes a full struggle.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:43:54 PM

Dear Bitcointalk community,
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.
Please tell me what you think and don't hold back your criticism.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@lumining/the-next-bitcoin

The steemit article is just promoting DeepOnion as the next Bitcoin, completely glancing over the huge demand for an open ledger and the flaw of dependency on Tor, essentially you can achieve the same by running Bitcoin over Tor.
Technically Monero is way way better in every aspect, DeepOnion doesn't even remotely start to compare to Monero when it comes to anonymity or security.

I agree that Monero can be a big thing, but i very much doubt it will surpass Bitcoin even though it offers optional transparency when desired by both parties.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:06:19 PM

Talking about a new bitcoin makes no sense since no project has the ambition to replace it. These are all different and mostly complementary projects. It is enough to study the blockchain of ethereum to understand the new features it offers ... If the question is to know which crypto has the ability to exceed the bitcoin in terms of market cap, then we probably will not be able to never answer it, at least in this life  Grin
obook

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:33:11 PM

we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:40:46 PM

Ethereum and waves look like the next big contenders. So many Devs now launch tokens instead of coins. If you look at the market capital ethereum is catching up so maybe there will be a half half split between them. None the less all 3 are here to stay. It's very interesting to see how things change and technologies grow and become better and more varied.

vvadym

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:25:04 AM

Of course it’s possible that one day this could happen. The same is with fiat money, they are changing every day. But Bitcoin is more stable cryptocurrency and price for it rises always. So now, there is no reason to be worried about it. If you have an opportunity to make an investment, it’s time to do that.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:51:21 AM

They're actually reasons why Bitcoin is not the ideal crypto currency, things like the volatility in the price index and the size of the price itself could lead to issues, these are some of the opportunities that you are going to have to tackle because they see the problems ahead of time.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

That work has resulted in volume of its success and this leaves most of the other coins out of that picture. That's no way an effort to isolate other points away from Commerce it is just a matter of sheer amount of time that is gone into getting Bitcoin accepted more and more places, most people in cryptocurrency believe that the foundation of getting Bitcoin accepted will lead to other coins either almost automatically or with very little effort.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Solve.Care

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:13:14 PM

In today's world, it's stupid to believe that something is going to stay forever. The fact that there exists a currency that can't be under control of banks and government opened up some huge possibilities for everyone to keep developing a transparent system without frauds and inefficiencies.

Solve.Care ■ Healthcare on Blockchain ■ Solve.Care
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:35:22 PM

There won't be the next bitcoin as its only one bitcoin we will have and when that is done or gone ( which is almost impossibke from what we are seeing) another thing entirely will show up that will equally Marvell us and wouldn't be anywhere related to bitcoin as we have it now.

Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:57:40 PM

I don't think so that any crypto can overpower bitcoin in nearly 10 decades as it has a big community behind it and users all across the globe .

But the thing is That we can never be 100% sure of anything in future.
In my opinion ethereum is the crpto That has such kind of potential.
So it can become the next bitcoin.
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:40:15 PM

That work has resulted in volume of its success and this leaves most of the other coins out of that picture. That's no way an effort to isolate other points away from Commerce it is just a matter of sheer amount of time that is gone into getting Bitcoin accepted more and more places, most people in cryptocurrency believe that the foundation of getting Bitcoin accepted will lead to other coins either almost automatically or with very little effort.

In addition to this, there won't be any "next bitcoin" guys. The mission of being the ruler of crypto currencies has already bern completed by bitcoin when Satoshi Nakamoto coded the las line of bitcoin's code.
Lumining (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:52:48 AM

I should probably have called the article: "A rise like Bitcoin".
Of course there will be no next Bitcoin litterally, but the idea that another crypto will shine in the same bright light one day is definitely imagineable.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:39:41 AM

Ethereum and waves look like the next big contenders. So many Devs now launch tokens instead of coins. If you look at the market capital ethereum is catching up so maybe there will be a half half split between them. None the less all 3 are here to stay. It's very interesting to see how things change and technologies grow and become better and more varied.
Although Waves really interesting, but I do not see ICO project successful from Waves platform till today.
While, Ethereum has many projects successful from last year today and almost ICO project use Ethereum platform are can reach to minimum target or hardcap in short time. Tongue
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:16:04 AM

In this moment bitcoin is gold. it do the control money market in all over the world. Eth, Ltc, etc have great potential, and will have a significant market capital in coming time.But now bitcoin have the king of coin.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
DanetonBit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

Everyday new coins are being developed but none will be like bitcoin..it has a unique allure and mystique
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: