Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next Bitcoin?  (Read 2590 times)
Lumining (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:57:43 PM

Dear Bitcointalk community,
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.
Please tell me what you think and don't hold back your criticism.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@lumining/the-next-bitcoin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:16:30 PM

Bitcoin is already better than gold and is going to be better than fiat money. It can upgrade if need something became "better". New coins can't compete today and will not in the future because at this time BTC will be HUGE.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Gusfall

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:18:44 PM

we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.

I see Etherum have potential if they have faster transaction confirmation from any coin in the world..
remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

Bitcoin will be the DAD always, as it has the first comer advantage.

All the rest have potential and can only be child.

Eth, Ltc, etc have great potential, and will have a significant market capital in coming time.

Some of the new coins will emerge in the coming years if their roadmap is met or some other good news comes out.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

There is a possibility that users will deny it as they already assured that bitcoin has a great features, people will pick bitcoin over the new crypto because it is safer way and they know that bitcoin is a good investment and already reach the furthest.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Murloc

Merit: 103

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:59:31 PM

Everything gona be fine if those currencies will have equal price but i don't think it will happen. To make some currency that will compete with BTC you need to make it better. If someone will find any ways to improve BTC then devs will do it. If there will be a better currency then it will be the most expansive one. Don't think that there is a place for more than 1 leader.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:08:03 PM

Bitcoin is basically a revolutionary idea based on blockchain technology and all the cryptos after bitcoin are just reproducing this technology. Bitcoin obviously has the first comer advantage. Do agree that some of the cryptocurrencies integrated additional features, be it enhanced privacy, smart contracts, niche coins like targeting real estate, cloud storage etc, but global recognition is entirely different from what extra other coins are offering, first comer advantage.

The basis of all cryptos is blockchain technology and if I am right bitcoin can be tweaked to add additional features. First comer, cryptos based on the same technology as bitcoin, so basically if bitcoin fails, all other cryptos would fail. I might be wrong, hope not.

When gold standard was abandoned and Fiat system took over did gold lost its value? No.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:51:08 PM

I actually don't think that this thing your saying will really happen. Because what ever the future better coin you are saying can always be beaten by bitcoin because whatever better things that coin have, bitcoin can also have. That is why the devs are working hard to imorove bitcoin more and more each day. And as a person, i trust bitcoin morethan any alternative coin out there. And would really choose it over any other coin because it has experience it has already proven its strengths and that all of its weaknesses has solutions. That is why i think a pop up coin wont be able to beat bitcoin.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:56:45 PM

Bitcoin is still a good choice for me  Cheesy
if i choose the strongest candidate to be the next bitcoin, i think ethereum has an opportunity for it

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 05:03:51 PM

It is a very real possibility that something could come along and replace Bitcoin. The short history of tech shows us that being first to market is no guaranty of continued dominance. It hasn't happened yet, although some altcoins are getting some traction, particularly with improved anonymity. That is not to say that it is inevitable that it will lose it's place either. Bitcoin could see off all comers for ever more.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

Whatever coin comes to existence, it will never  ever replace bitcoins.
Even if it has better features, btc will remain the leader as it's what came first and what people actually care about.

All other altcoins don't have any usage in real life. They are only traded against bitcoins for profits.
I still can't understand what kinda "features" you're talking about ? Btc already has all that it needs. If there are some issues, they may can be solved by applying improvements by the devs.

It's what introduced the blockchain technology to the world and all the others are just copying it in one way or another.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:11:14 PM

Bitcoin is already better than gold and is going to be better than fiat money. It can upgrade if need something became "better". New coins can't compete today and will not in the future because at this time BTC will be HUGE.
I want it too, but you can never relax. New coins appear later and could take into account all of the negative aspects of bitcoin. We see how difficult bitcoin is changing. This can be a problem for him. But if we add another war against him, governments and banks?
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:12:06 PM

Well written article, but I disagree with the premise. Its all good and dandy looking to invest in another coin for cheap hoping the value increases with time. In my humble opinion, youcan sae your self the esearch and worries by simply buying a fraction of bitcoin and you will still make massive profits on your $100 investment, if you live long enough.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:17:27 PM

Bitcoin will be still king and I believe it will be number one for all the crypto in the next fre years or maybe decades . No one can try to reach what bitcoin can do like bitcoin price yesterday already reached 5k dollars but as of now the price is 4600 dollars but I believe it will back again to the price of 5k dollars. Thats why bitcoin will be king because many investor trust and invest to this coin so it will become stronger everyear.
Champ1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:35:48 PM

most currencies are traded in pairs with BTC, that will always be the case. However with the predicted 1 trillion that will flood the market in 2018... the top 20 could look very different.

CHANGE—First Global Crypto Bank | ICO |Discussion[/url
dvy

Activity: 948
Merit: 104

Vaas DeepOnion Moderator

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 05:42:32 PM

John McAfee said that 500.000 will be the price in the 2020..
-McAfee stated how he will “eat his d*ck on national television” if the price doesn’t hit US$500,000-
Thats a real pump!

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:46:23 PM

I think we should believe in the action as compared to speculation. With that said I believe bitcoin has already proven itself by taking huge leap in the market. The price is off the charts, investors are leaning more towards to bitcoin than any other coin now. I think there is less chances for any other coin to go that much high now. Bitcoin has already achieved the highest level and there is no coin coming that way.

Lumining (OP)

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:52:53 PM

Bitcoin might not be replaced entirely, that's not what I wanted to point out with my article BUT the next booming cryptocurrency will most likely follow the path of Bitcoin very close, don't you think?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
abdulmad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:57:19 PM

Whatever coin comes to existence, it will never  ever replace bitcoins.
Even if it has better features, btc will remain the leader as it's what came first and what people actually care about.

All other altcoins don't have any usage in real life. They are only traded against bitcoins for profits.
I still can't understand what kinda "features" you're talking about ? Btc already has all that it needs. If there are some issues, they may can be solved by applying improvements by the devs.

It's what introduced the blockchain technology to the world and all the others are just copying it in one way or another.

Lol this takes me back to a company called Nokia, remember them ? . Now these guys were the pioneers of cellphones and held the largest market share with their symbian os cellphones. Along came a new comer and announced that they would too launch a cellphone to market, that company was apple. They were ridiculed and scoffed at and continuously frowned upon for their Idea of a cellphone. Nonetheless apple launched their phone and the rest was History, where is that pioneer that thought nothing could ever replace it ?

Never say never........
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 06:03:53 PM

It will be hard to see a cryptocurrency which will be used as much as bitcoin  or which will take the number 1 spot from bitcoin on coin capital market cause bitcoin has already go globe include it atm and a lot of government have signed it into their law bill. However, if it happen that another cryptocurrency is been used as much as bitcoin such thing will create competition in the system.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: