Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:51:31 AM

I think ICO regulation is very good for all cryptocurrency community especially for investor. Because they feel will safe in make investment and also protected from fraud and scam. Because now any some ICO  failed then many  investor lose their money. With regulation the ICO project will be more quality and less quantity and this is will be give more advantages for crypto community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:57:27 AM

ICO regulations are great and desirable, because it will only bring perks to crypto world such as:

1. More security for the investors (not so many scams will happen, and money grabs will be punished);
2. More money flowing in (if the market gets regulated, we might see a huge cash inflow from stock exchanges / regular people seeking for an investment opportunity);
3. Regulating would point all the lights to crypto, it would get a huge publicity from media and newspapers and many more people will join and adopt digital currencies, which is the ultimate key for their survival.
sadiaakhter25

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:58:40 AM

For sure, ICO regulation is a very good initiative because it can increase trust of investors. Though most ICO's are fake, scams but I don't believe that all ICO devs have bad motives. A good ICO can help us making free money just by following the rules indicated on how to join their bounty campaign that's why before joining any ICO one should investigate at first very carefully.
icochick

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:59:00 AM

Good! -- Let's keep it fair - get the scammers out and get the good guys in!
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:15:03 AM

I think it is bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the future, because I am not aware about any example where regulation helped customers to prevent them to get defrauded or helped them to get their money back if defrauded. I do not know how the regulation system works in Russia or China but that reminds me to the so called online gambling regulation. Some governments on some offshore islands regulate it to make money and help the operators to avoid tax payments, but if you have an issue with a licensed site then no one is responsible or knows anything! Also, if some countries will start to regulate ICOs then the initiators will simply start where it is not regulated.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:30:06 AM

For me this ICO regulation is good so that not to much ICO in the market, as we know in one month any ahundred ICO and all of them any fraud project and this will be disadvantageous crypto community. With ICO regulation the project will be more legit and more quality so will make their investor happy.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Michaelsch

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:35:09 AM

All these questions about future are really interesting... I think future of crypto overall is a very interesting and important topic.. and I want to learn more about it...
 From my experience, I feel that conferences could be a good way to learn. I found this one https://blockshowasia.com/ and I'm thinking to go, but tickets are not so cheap, but I suppose it could worth it... what do you think guys? have you heard about it?

It looks great! really interesting! I wish I could go, but it's a little bit expensive   Shocked

you can buy ticket cheaper.. with promo code VIP30, I think I will use it and buy tickets  Wink it will be 30% discount, what is huge discount imo
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:37:43 AM

ICO is the least of problems facing many of the countries in the world today. There are crisis everywhere. From economic crises to political crises. ICO should not be regulated because it is the only sector where innovation and ideas thrive.

creator.ai
Copper Member

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:28:31 AM

Regulation should be seen positively, do not fear regulation but embrace it.

With clear rules regulation will legitimize the space which in turn will make things better for both ICO makers and contributors.

ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:41:50 AM

I thing some regulation are good for the market but most ICO are scam and people are juts losing a lot of money and they are able to take their money back so regulation are good they don't block good project or now the strong and fundamental good project get some more attention in the future.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:45:11 AM

With clear rules regulation will legitimize the space which in turn will make things better for both ICO makers and contributors.

With regulation comes decentralization. In the case of ico regulation I agree with it, but in the case of btc I'd like it to stay as decentralized as possible.
noorammak

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:49:17 AM

i think using regulations for every ico project is extremely important, it helps even new people can follow and execute exactly, moreover it can keep that ico have a good model to follow step by step, not messing up or stop cheating from bad guys want much more benefits from normal person.

investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:52:24 AM

With regulation comes decentralization. In the case of ico regulation I agree with it, but in the case of btc I'd like it to stay as decentralized as possible.

We are only talking about the ICO and not with the bitcoin since this one would be better if it will remain as decentralized since no institution,government or anyone can actually control nor manipulate it. But i will agree with ICO regulation since by this we can lessen up the scammers building some shit acts on this furom and crypto ecosystem.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:57:49 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
As long as the government's regulation will not affect much the profit of both big and small investors then we shouldn't wordy much especially now that there are a lot of scam ICOs then we need the government to protect us especially those who didn't take time to know the project and fall victim easily in this kind of schemes.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:12:09 AM

i think using regulations for every ico project is extremely important, it helps even new people can follow and execute exactly, moreover it can keep that ico have a good model to follow step by step, not messing up or stop cheating from bad guys want much more benefits from normal person.

My government need some guarantee for preventing people getting scam so it's reasonable that ICO need regulation.
Bitcoin usually can be use criminal attempt so that's why my government still not legalize bitcoin yet !
cryptoivan

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:16:33 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

As for me, I believe it will bring more good than bad. As a person, who lives in Russia for a long time, I don't like all this regulation stuff. But on the other hand, I saw a lot of people losing their money just because of their poor knowledge but a strong interest in crypto.

They lost their money cause nowadays any person can make ICO, collect any amount of crypto, just say that he has been hacked and he lost all of the money. Then he'll sit on his plane and get vanished.

So, it goes without saying that there should be regulation, but not to spoil it to SMBs - that is a question
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:44:06 AM

In my point of view, ICO regulation would be good seeing that ICOs are just appearing from time to time. Airdrops are happening everyday with no clear roadmap and some are just pure scam and just try to get some information from people making the participants fill up some form in which the information they require is private key instead of the public address in which the newbies can be the victim of. ICO regulation would protect the investors losing its money from the potential scammers and this would scare of the people who have hideous intentions because there would be legal action against them.

IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:52:18 AM

In my point of view, ICO regulation would be good seeing that ICOs are just appearing from time to time. Airdrops are happening everyday with no clear roadmap and some are just pure scam and just try to get some information from people making the participants fill up some form in which the information they require is private key instead of the public address in which the newbies can be the victim of. ICO regulation would protect the investors losing its money from the potential scammers and this would scare of the people who have hideous intentions because there would be legal action against them.
Yes i do strongly support your view even i was the victim of scam ICO when i was newbie Recent days lots of airdrops happening with no roadmap or proper intention . Now i stopped particaipating mOst of the airdops . ICO has to be regulated for the protection of investors.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Images21

Activity: 567

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:02:15 AM

There may be disadvantages also when these regulatory laws and policies will be implemented but the advantages will weigh much more. I am totally in favor of ICO regulation. This will actually be very beneficial to all projects that will use the ICO and to all ICO investors as well, especially those that are not experts and experienced in terms of choosing the best ICOs. I think this will push higher the raised funds of ICOs because investors will now be thinking that they are safe in ICO investment. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:00:11 AM

Regulations in the right spirit are always good. At the end of the day if 90% ICOs go bust and 90% investors loose. This economy is gonna die. We must support anything that can make it better for both genuine startups and common investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: