Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing $1k USD  (Read 2569 times)
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:12:21 AM

Hello Crypto World,

I currently have 16 coins (low amt) and looking to invest $1k into my portfolio.  I'm a long-term investor.

My question - what are your thoughts on spreading across 5 coins: LSK, NEO, STRAT, QTUM, OMG, or topping off XRP?

I don't own any of the 5 coins, however I do own a small amt of XRP.

Thanks in advance
Strat and OMG still become a good choice right now, The price already decreased a lot since the price correction yesterday, but the chart confirm that the all of the crypto already bounce back again.
But OMG and strat still to be a good choice for you if you are watching the latest news about them.
Matic

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:20:04 AM

put everything into Neo now and you will probably get the best return in a short time of a 3,4 months. the price is very good right now

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:11:37 PM

With $1000 you can start to do real portfolio management. The industry has had a tremendous run in 2017 so be aware that now may not be teh best time to allocate, its best to buy on selloffs if possible.

1. Need an overweight to the crypto reserve asset, you wiil need this to buy the smaller names -30% in BTC.

2. 25% to 40% in franchise coins with competitive advantages, this should give you exposure to smart contract platforms and Asia - ETH, XMR, LTC, NEO, STRAT, LSK, NEM, FCT.

3. The last bucket needs to be highly diversified since these names may drop heavily when the crypto industry suffers a big selloff. This is where you invest in the best tech, Names in this bucket might include any of ARK, SHIFT, LBC, RADS, XBY, CRW, FTC, GBYTE, BLOCK, DGB, GAME, ONION, XSPEC, BAY.

In this bucket you are exposed to gaming, privacy, decentralized exchanges.

4. Be very wary of ICOs, there is a bubble in this space and many investors will be hurt.

Some forum members have advised you to bet it all on one name and I am here to tell you the road from hero to zero can be a fast short one. Diversification is necessary for large and small portfolios to grow with controlled risk.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:44:15 PM

Find few number of good crypto projects and split your capital among them, don't do the mistake of puting all your eggs in one basket. In crypto, greed may wreck you and fear may save you, learn to live in order to fight another day...very important.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rodriguez91

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:56:44 PM

I like NEO, OMG, XRP. Choose a penny to invest long term, I choose XRP
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:58:23 PM

I think you 1k$ is invest for waves it's my personal opinion.Waves future is so strong of my looking.Because this coin growth is very high.I hold 100 Waves for long time.
This is how I would do it if I had $1,000 in investing money. Look around this forum and you'll notice that people are on the Waves train and the amount of people that are actually in Waves exceeds the number of people that are in the newer coins that had millions of dollars in their ICO sales. It doesn't really make sense that it's that high though the numbers aren't​ wrong. Waves is getting stronger and stronger everyday so if you want to make some money without worrying about your investment so much then invest in Waves.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:33:03 PM

I think you 1k$ is invest for waves it's my personal opinion.Waves future is so strong of my looking.Because this coin growth is very high.I hold 100 Waves for long time.
This is how I would do it if I had $1,000 in investing money. Look around this forum and you'll notice that people are on the Waves train and the amount of people that are actually in Waves exceeds the number of people that are in the newer coins that had millions of dollars in their ICO sales. It doesn't really make sense that it's that high though the numbers aren't​ wrong. Waves is getting stronger and stronger everyday so if you want to make some money without worrying about your investment so much then invest in Waves.

What is the "bull case" for Waves in your opinion?

In my opinion Waves suffers from the same problems as
similar platforms like Ethereum or Stratis. By that I want to express my concern that the use of the
Waves platform for projects like Burger King´s Whoppercoin may make for a good headline, but doesn´t
really effect the price of Waves. Even if other projects would emerge that utilize the Waves platform
this wouldn´t really affect the exchange rate of Waves.
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:34:07 PM

Find few number of good crypto projects and split your capital among them, don't do the mistake of puting all your eggs in one basket. In crypto, greed may wreck you and fear may save you, learn to live in order to fight another day...very important.
How to find good altcoin project while he does not know the way to use his money for investing? Even basic knowledge when become to investor is hold his Bitcoin he does not know too.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:11:35 AM

Hello Crypto World,

I currently have 16 coins (low amt) and looking to invest $1k into my portfolio.  I'm a long-term investor.

My question - what are your thoughts on spreading across 5 coins: LSK, NEO, STRAT, QTUM, OMG, or topping off XRP?

Thanks in advance
Well good for you that you are a long term investor. I suggest that you should invest some in bitcoin, consider investing in bitcoin and surely you will profit a lot. Buy at $4930 if there would be a dip. And I suggest to put many at OMG. And try to give some of your money at XEM(best long term investment for me.)

Great advice.  Actually own all the above except OMG.  I'm thinking about spreading but XRP is really inexpensive (XEM as well).  The above are more expensive and I'm worried about pump (overpriced) however, I'm long-term so it's less critical.
XRP and XEM seem pretty solid, both are almost always in the topics of discussion,for something it must be.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:42:59 AM

You invest to many risk coin. Those coin what i know is already 100-800x initial investment. Maybe you better buy soe waves. Status or boscoin or exscudo..

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:48:01 AM

Hello Crypto World,

Thanks in advance
with those 5 coins ill definitely go with NEO or QTUM
but you may look at MCO and XVG if you thiink you need more to choose from..
look at their trend and theeir strong market... this is just an advice at the end its all up to you ..
and you can count on BTC too..
mazing7

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:48:56 AM

I would choose stratis as a coin to put the $1k in. As it shows health growth. $1k isn't a lot so splitting it up is not a good idea. Choose one coin and hold onto it for a few weeks
Jully Bells

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:58:42 AM

The current time is very good for you to invest.
Pele Legend

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:06:04 AM

Hello Crypto World,

I currently have 16 coins (low amt) and looking to invest $1k into my portfolio.  I'm a long-term investor.

Thanks in advance

Of the five in your list I would rather replace NEO with Ripple. Yes, XRP is a wise investment. There is still a large growth waiting to happen for the coin. The use of XRP is not yet maximized and the updates regarding the banks using Ripple have not yet affected the value of the coin totally so there is still an upward movement for XRP in the coming months.
I am also investing long term in NEO and XRP. This 2 coin is very potential for long term investment
Hello4x (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:48:14 AM

Thanks for all the replies.  I have a lot of coins with decent investment (it's all relative).

My current portfolio (sort by highest value):
1. ETH
2. BTC 
3. LTC
4. XRP 
5. XEM
6. XVG
7. WAVES
8. SNT
9. WGR
10. DGB
11. SCL
12. GNT
13. STORJ
14. BTS
15. OMG
16. BAT
17. MCO
18. MAID
19. TKN
20.  PAY
21. BCN
22. DOGE
23. ETN

I'm thinking about adding the below ($2k):
1. ARK ($500)
2. STRAT ($500)
3. NEO ($500)
4. QTUM ($500)

Or should I add more BTC? XRP, LTC, ETH, and BTC account for 80% of my portfolio. I will add the $2k tomorrow but I'm also thinking about adding additional $20k soon.

The $20k will be long term as well with 80% consistent with the above 4 coins.  Right now I want to add an additional $2k immediately across the aforementioned alts....

Thanks in advance
ici_lemmy

Activity: 254

Hydax Exchange

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:56:04 AM

you should sell xrp and focus on bat token more. xrp is hard to back top 2 now. (under 20%). BAT token maybe double soon
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:55:05 AM

I would choose stratis as a coin to put the $1k in. As it shows health growth. $1k isn't a lot so splitting it up is not a good idea. Choose one coin and hold onto it for a few weeks
You may choose into top5 altcoins which offer a good profit. Stratis and qtum are good for investment and Im confident it will give you a profit.
baghodler123

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:06:38 AM

Consider investing in some microcaps coins, they can blow up
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

Hello Crypto World,

Thanks in advance

You have good choices of coins for your $1,000 investment plan on altcoins. If you are planning to invest on 5 altcoins all in all, I would replace NEO with Ripple (XRP). NEO is china-connected and the market is generally dependent on china. Ripple is much better for me.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
FarkMcBark

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

Hello Crypto World,

Thanks in advance

All in NEO. $50 by december.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: