Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk in a mobile app.  (Read 4534 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:02:06 AM

I don't think that having a BCT mobile app is necessary because I am already accessing the forum nicely without any problem. All the basic things I can do such as posting and reading threads. But if you are looking for things such as making my post more effort such as putting images and editing the post design is not a good idea if you are making it in the phone as it could add more time compared to making it in your computer.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:37:58 AM

I don't think this forum need an APP. We will have mobile app when move to new forum.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:55:52 PM

I was just thinking since most of the people nowadays are using smartphones in all sorts of activities and all sorts of apps are now being used in our daily routine such as for emails, social media and etc. Can we also develop a mobile app for bitcointalk in both platforms iOS and Android?  for a much better way of accessing this forum.

Please advise if there is already an app or a topic that has already been posted regarding this. I am new to bitcoin by the way.

Well I'm not aware on this , bitcointalk on a mobile app I think sooner or later if the moderators will approved it though , it can have a good effect though , it's more applicable and a lot of easier if this would be implemented though.
O$IRIS

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:11:45 AM

Is there one already implemented?
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:28:15 AM

As far as I know, there's already a mobile app existing and you can download it in the playstore but I I'm not sure if it's legit or just a phishing app. (Check it for yourself)

Having a mobile app is a good idea because it provides new option for all of us and many users who access this forum through their smartphones will now enjoy a simpler interface of the forum. But honestly this is not necessary anymore since it also works well in mobile browser (zooming in and zooming out is not a big deal) and besides, I guess using a mobile browser is more practical than the app. Like for signature campaigns, you only need to open a new tab for downloading the avatar comparing to the app where you also need to open a browser in order to download it and go back to the app itself, greater load of work right?
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

Currently I am in the situation in which I have to used my phone on posting most of the time. And it is indeed pretty though. Especially if you need to quote multiple posts.

Guys - relax.

There will be no mobile app until we move to the new forum.  Why make an app for this old outdated software?

Agree, but an app is of course another platform so basically it is not that the app is intended for this old platform since both are independent programs. Tho I have seen the new forum that you were talking and it is mobile responsive so making an app is not necessary.
Yeah and it is really hard to browse different topics on the forum, you have to go back to the main page to do so and switching to different tabs in the mobile is kinda annoying to me in a way.

I really dont think it that way because its your own responsibility to keep your own things into safety, and if you're just some lazy careless dude and that will be your own problem not for the other members here in the community.
You are right. But I guess you know yourself how this section is full of threads "help, my account is hacked/stolen". I just supposed that with that app the number of such threads will only increase.
Possibly but if the app will function the same as like you are also browsing on your computer, then I guess it would not create such topics.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:07:01 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 09:25:14 AM by rhamzter

I prefer to used browser instead of applications, because apps was eat too much space in my phone but the browser is not. Aside on that their functionality was almost the same so I think they were not need bitcointalk apps.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:23:20 AM

I prefer to used browser instead of applications, because apps was eat too much space in my phone but the browser are not

Exactly, one point shoot. everytime you download apps on playstore, it needs additional storage to be used, you can install the app, either on Sd card storage or internal storage but both need to be cleared data everytime it gets overloaded. application and web based site same needs internet connection or data connection, so why not use browser instead application suggesting only, it depends on your choice but there's an app that still needs to be fixed.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:06:48 AM

Guys - relax.

There will be no mobile app until we move to the new forum.  Why make an app for this old outdated software?

Valid reason, makes sense. Any idea when the new forum/website would be released?
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Guys - relax.

Valid reason, makes sense. Any idea when the new forum/website would be released?

We really cannot tell when would the management do it. If I am not mistaken late 2016 they have been doing beta testing for the new forum. People were giving feedbacks and keep on asking the mods when would theymos release it. Most of the establish member were also saying that it might be released on the mid or late quarter of 2017 but it doesn't happen. In the end it still boils down to the management decisions.
All we can do right now is to wait for the further notice and be patience
member1

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:59:16 AM

That old school forum thing actually feels nice in 2018, but I really have some problems with captcha even in Google Chrome mobile sometimes. Nice app would be nice though..
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:27:00 AM

I think that's a good idea. I will download this app if ever there will be one.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
EVOS

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

I do not think there's any application yet ..
I am also waiting, I think this forum would be better if it had its own application, there are notifications etc so it makes it easier to monitor post made, if for now, when we make a post and there is a comment we can not know if not make post the. unfortunately Sad
without_my_moufles

Activity: 192
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:36:18 AM

So the application is an official one or not?

Anyway a mobile version would be enough, not necessary need a specific app.
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:40:31 AM

I was just thinking since most of the people nowadays are using smartphones in all sorts of activities and all sorts of apps are now being used in our daily routine such as for emails, social media and etc. Can we also develop a mobile app for bitcointalk in both platforms iOS and Android?  for a much better way of accessing this forum.

Please advise if there is already an app or a topic that has already been posted regarding this. I am new to bitcoin by the way.

I think that is a one good idea. If there's an apps of bitcoin in adroid or smartphones we are easy to post in their and do more activities.
We can read more news faster than now. I hope someday we got an apps in bitcoin.
Adio

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

That's gonna be awesome, I guess they are working on that, easy navigation and more features on ap
mahimonliner

Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:20:09 PM

I think there is no apps for bitcointalk forum and we dont need anything like this, this forum is not for everyone.
This forum is unique,  and this forum has different use for different types of users. I dont think so an app will handle all this smoothly as it smooth as web version.

sort_cirkit

Activity: 368
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

Your offer is not bad. But this forum is easily used in any browser. Where apps are subject to loading time.Social media loads many images, As a result, mobile loading takes time.
Quoting a reply I made 2 days ago about this.

No. The only one that somehow "worked" was this one for Android[1]. But it was hella buggy and I couldn't even read posts with multiple pages. Now, it seems that it stopped working because of the new BitcoinTalk login captcha addition.

If I was you, I would wait for the new Beta forum software to get released.

[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.elbandi.forum.bitcointalk

Pay attention at the part where I say that it stopped working because of the new Bitcointalk login captcha. Result: There is no mobile apps atm.
I do not think it's necessary.
mahimonliner

Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:30:54 PM

I think that is a one good idea. If there's an apps of bitcoin in adroid or smartphones we are easy to post in their and do more activities.
We can read more news faster than now. I hope someday we got an apps in bitcoin.
For bitcoin news you will find a lot of apps in playstore or apps store. This forum is not only for bitcoin news or posting your update like facebook, it is something else which is only accessible for real crypto currency lovers, who care about crypto-currency and its present and future. So it better to be on a web version.  

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:54:05 PM

For bitcoin news you will find a lot of apps in playstore or apps store. This forum is not only for bitcoin news or posting your update like facebook, it is something else which is only accessible for real crypto currency lovers, who care about crypto-currency and its present and future. So it better to be on a web version.  

I don't know why you both made post at there. Here you know you can find the simple website which is not yet updated better. This answer you can find out through out this 6 pages. Why do you guys bumping this thread unwantedly.
There would not be any such kind of apps for bitcoin on playstore. You may see one application which is name with bitcointalk on playstore but that is not a forum's one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: