Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryonics Frosbit claiming 1000Gh/s - $15K??  (Read 16464 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:15:53 PM

ohh another great looking site, without working prototype and with possibility to pre-order for thousand of dollars.)

order ASIC chips from group-buy and wait for klondike/burnin board is much better way..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:29:54 PM

Liquid nitrogen cooling sounds great, but I'm more interested in the patent pending light strips discussed on their tech page. Seriously though, this is an obvious scam. I notified the techcrunch writer and he promptly took the article down.

No he hasn't!

The comments are amusing though.

Cannot believe Tech Crunch penned that article, they're meant to be...well...'techie'.

Now Tech Crunch has blown their own ruse and have proven to be nothing but amateur journalists with no investigative capacity, or for that matter common sense, yet possess a surprising sphere of influence, I won't be reading their site again!!

Atrocious! The journalist doesn't once ask, 'how' regarding any of the bs tech which claims to be a first in many capacities. I mean even for a point of reference, or be it creating aspects of an article 'of interest' to the reader one would just delve deeper, unless he's receiving a kick back for the whole charade. How irresponsible can you get?! They are meant to be a respected publication!!

He has taken it down. Perhaps you have it cached? It looks like you can still access the article through the mobile site as well.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
howdoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:37:23 PM

I had an email exchange with the editor from Techcrunch and pointed at the obvious errors and high likeness of the company being a scam last night - he replied that they would check into it, guess they decided that it was better to remove the article rather than add a correction... Still feel like they should have left the article up with an additional notice on recent state of Bitcoin miner markets and scams, I feel that it would serve the public better to be aware of the elaborate scams going around rather than just ignore the subject.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:13:56 PM

He has taken it down. Perhaps you have it cached? It looks like you can still access the article through the mobile site as well.

No he hasn't. The link works fine from this thread, non-cached from multiple devices.

It just goes to how you the lengths these journalists are prepared to goto to research and how clueless and devoid of any common sense they are. That's an accurate statement as this is a screamingly obvious scam.

Tech Crunch employs lazy incapable journalists with no real tech savvy interest, or due diligence.

Tech Crunch is meant to raise the bar and inform and has just proven it's unaware of where or what the bar actually is. They are about as well informed of tech as Men's Fitness are of fitness...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:49:38 PM

No he hasn't. The link works fine from this thread, non-cached from multiple devices.

It just goes to how you the lengths these journalists are prepared to goto to research and how clueless and devoid of any common sense they are. That's an accurate statement as this is a screamingly obvious scam.

Tech Crunch employs lazy incapable journalists with no real tech savvy interest, or due diligence.

Tech Crunch is meant to raise the bar and inform and has just proven it's unaware of where or what the bar actually is. They are about as well informed of tech as Men's Fitness are of fitness...

Devices is the key, you can still access the article via direct link through the mobile site. The artictle on the main site is absolutely no longer available, and hasn't been since last night. This is not to say they weren't lazy or stupid for putting it up in the first place, but they have indeed removed the article.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Exocyst

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Science!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:57:23 PM

There appears to be a coffee mug inside the device--I can only assume that excess heat is converted into coffee using their patent-pending GeoMatTM matter rearrangement device. Don't have the time to wait two days? No problem, we will beam the device directly into your garage for only $750.

Honestly, people: if anyone could build a device that exceeded 1% of the entire network hash-rate for less than 15,000 bucks, then why would they sell it?

Full credit on their web-design: I definitely think Avalon could learn a thing or two from their presentation.

johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:04:17 PM

Well, SFGate bought it, perhaps due to techcrunch? (or the fact cryonik paid for a PR)

see: http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Cryonic-FrostBit-Bitcoin-Miner-Unveiled-to-4543167.php

I'm hoping they (Cryonic ^TM) add a Grateful Dead option, and have an N2O generator.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:07:21 PM

A reddit thread suggested these guys were behind the Web Design;

http://www.bitwize.com.lb/#!/home/

Note: They are based in Lebanon. Where did Cedartec claim to hail from. Lebanon.

P.s. To be fair I doubt Cedartec had anything ever to do with Lebanon tbh, the guy had a German accent. Though if the above Web Design agency are really behind the Cryonic site, then I will reconsider that statemnent.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:10:31 PM

https://cryoniks.com/#!/app/frostbit/

What is this about?  Anyone know?

SCAM
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:12:26 PM

Well, SFGate bought it, perhaps due to techcrunch? (or the fact cryonik paid for a PR)

see: http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Cryonic-FrostBit-Bitcoin-Miner-Unveiled-to-4543167.php

I'm hoping they (Cryonic ^TM) add a Grateful Dead option, and have an N2O generator.

See THIS is exactly what is so embarrassing about social media and 'journalism' these days and their respective 'editors' who do f-all. They just share stories without checking any sources. Just regurgitate words as fact, but enough so as they are not caught plagiarising and can link build, but no, absolutely no research and nothing investigative. Disgraceful!

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:23:07 PM

See THIS is exactly what is so embarrassing about social media and 'journalism' these days and their respective 'editors' who do f-all. They just share stories without checking any sources. Just regurgitate words as fact, but enough so as they are not caught plagiarising and can link build, but no, absolutely no research and nothing investigative. Disgraceful!

This^
When people moan and cry about the internet killing "journalism" I ask myself what I can do to make it die faster.  Angry

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
johnny5

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:49:26 PM

Hey Cryonik, here, FTFY:

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

Hey Cryonik, here, FTFY:

Pfffs, yeah but that pulls 1.21 Gigawatts, who'd have that kinda electricity?!

You'd need a bolt of lightening to power that!... Grin

http://youtu.be/mjCRUvX2D0E

cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:35:43 PM

Their next model will include a small black hole that just sucks all the heat away, no cooling needed.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:16:15 PM

Screw the black hole, I want to turn it into a free energy generating machine with perpetual motion.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:21:14 PM

Screw the black hole, I want to turn it into a free energy generating machine with perpetual motion.

Yes, just imagine...the first bright spark that manages to harness the heat wastage and turn it into something of use!

irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:32:39 PM

need more yiggawatts!
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:43:55 PM

need more yiggawatts!

Isnt that rasict Huh ....lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Magnate

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:56:11 AM

I've emailed the assistants to SFgate's VPs and senior editors
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:30:40 PM

Hey Cryonik, here, FTFY:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy That's pretty damn funny

I've been trying to find any direct linkage to Ed Trice and the Cryoniks CEO Fahad Koumaiha who appears to be a real person, but havn't found much yet.

It seems agreed around the boards this press release and even the wording seems very much like Ed Trice's previous techno-bullshit scams

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: