Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moneyless Society  (Read 1225 times)
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

This post has to be a joke. 100 mansions? LMAO

Do you know how hard and long it takes and the work required to build them? Do you think those workers *want* to do that? I don't think so. hahaha
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:52:11 PM

Don't want to make assumptions but am certain you mean cashless and not Moneyless which i believe is the way to go as bitcoin through the blockchain technology has paved way for this tech to be adopted but with so many uncertain regulations in so many countries we still have a long way to go.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:02:02 PM

If we give everyone what they want, then what's the meaning of life by that point? Let's assume, people can have what they wanted easily wherein there's no work required for them, the level of cooperation we have today will significantly reduce. People will never work unless it is on their best interest (non-monetary based interest) and consider the number of people doing their life choices based on money.

And thinking crimes will be reduced when you let people have what they want is short-term planning and it's kind of infant-minded. Humans will always find ways to harm each other one way or another, because on any society whether it is old or new there's always disagreements. And we did our best to settle this disagreements through the systems we have created. In my opinion, all we need is balance.
Meaning of life would be to live your life. Spend time with friends and family. Travel and see the world (for free of course). Meet new people. I think the lazyness nature of humans might be a problem yes. And, yes, there will always be crime, but if you could get everything you wanted, certain crimes would most likely disappear.
Can you wake up now and face reality? This is planet earth, where human wants are unlimited amist limited means for satisfying them so you will never be able to give everyone what they want no matter how hard anyone tries to. If as you fantasized all monies are destroyed, how would you fuel your cars, book your travel tickets or replenish your food stock when  you run out of supply?
It's a thought experiment where the idea is that you think about it from different perspectives. I'm either for or against this. It's about having a discussion about it.
Then let's discuss it dude. It is a hell of an interesting topic. I really wanna debate on it (I won't cross my limits). I think, it is practically impossible and just a sweet dream. Greed runs in human blood and money satisfies that greed. People might deny this fact but you cannot judge a person unless he is in some sort of authority.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:32:39 PM

Hi,

I wanted to run this by you and see what you say.

What if we scrapped money altogether and just gave everybody what they wanted?

I know it sounds ridiculous, and everybody would just go for 100 cars and 100 fancy houses, but if you think about it, if you could get everything you wanted, all those things wouldn't be as valuable anymore, and it would lose it's "richness" appeal and people would be bored by it after a while and just settle with what they actually needed. Don't we have all the technology and resources to make this happen? It could also mean less crimes would happen then too.

Sidenote: I love the idea of bitcoin so I don't really want to ruin bitcoin, but hey, maybe we could go there with bitcoin somehow... Smiley

You have a wrong point of view. If everyone can get what he/she wants then there will be chaos. People will be subjected to greed and will want to get everything he/she wanted. Though no one will be treated as rich in the aspect of money and asset, but the new rich people there are those who will have the most power. This will be a chaotic world without order at all. However you are right about having less crime, this is because no law will exist due to the absence of order and everyone gets what he wants.

Chillance (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:52:23 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 12:13:22 AM by Chillance

It sounds to me like this is quite the mindset change that might be difficult to grasp at first. Again, I'm either for nor against this. And I don't have all the answers. I just find it a fascinating thing to think about and discuss. There is no right or wrong point of view to this. It's a discussion.

If everybody got what they wanted, would it really be valuable to be greedy? Again, money would have no value. What would greed mean then? If you could get 100 cars, what would be the point if you couldn't drive them all? To show off? Again, mindset issue. Nobody to show them off to as everybody could do the same, and having many cars would have no real purpose as you can't drive them all at once anyway. The reason people fancy expensive cars is because of the value of them. Not so much the practicality always. Possibly the design.

So, I don't have all the answers either, and I do not know what would have happened. This is why it's up for discussion here. Smiley
Chillance (OP)

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:56:09 PM

If we give everyone what they want, then what's the meaning of life by that point? Let's assume, people can have what they wanted easily wherein there's no work required for them, the level of cooperation we have today will significantly reduce. People will never work unless it is on their best interest (non-monetary based interest) and consider the number of people doing their life choices based on money.

And thinking crimes will be reduced when you let people have what they want is short-term planning and it's kind of infant-minded. Humans will always find ways to harm each other one way or another, because on any society whether it is old or new there's always disagreements. And we did our best to settle this disagreements through the systems we have created. In my opinion, all we need is balance.
Meaning of life would be to live your life. Spend time with friends and family. Travel and see the world (for free of course). Meet new people. I think the lazyness nature of humans might be a problem yes. And, yes, there will always be crime, but if you could get everything you wanted, certain crimes would most likely disappear.
Can you wake up now and face reality? This is planet earth, where human wants are unlimited amist limited means for satisfying them so you will never be able to give everyone what they want no matter how hard anyone tries to. If as you fantasized all monies are destroyed, how would you fuel your cars, book your travel tickets or replenish your food stock when  you run out of supply?
It's a thought experiment where the idea is that you think about it from different perspectives. I'm either for or against this. It's about having a discussion about it.
Then let's discuss it dude. It is a hell of an interesting topic. I really wanna debate on it (I won't cross my limits). I think, it is practically impossible and just a sweet dream. Greed runs in human blood and money satisfies that greed. People might deny this fact but you cannot judge a person unless he is in some sort of authority.
It sure is a very interesting topic. Especially if you come into the right mindset about it. An open mindset. Practically impossible? Maybe. The greed angle is interesting, but if you could get all you wanted, I wonder what would happen then. After a while you might get tired of wanting it all as there is no challenge to it, and you might want to value living a purpose-filled life instead... who knows... Smiley
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:12:08 PM

There were barter system in the past wherein people used to exchange one commodity for another one. After many centuries we have developed the money system for the better transaction (trading) and easy financial activities. There is a value of each and every thing, then its impossible to offer it for free; i don't agree with you.
And i dont agree with you too, indeed for now there is a value for each thing or anything but you can still find or did barter with someone for certain items. most of it is done by antique collectors, because like he said "they are rich people who no not care about the value of the money." what they look is pride.

In Barter system there was no money involved. It was just things were traded with things. When you trade things with things, one may get benefit of high value thing traded with low value thing ,but then money came and solved this probelm. So how and why we are discussing to move towards moneyless society.
money is the need of the day. Bitcoin is getting famous and it is increasing in the price as well. The increasing price of the bitcoin makes it more trust worthy than the money people are using bitcoin more than money because bitcoin is providing a lot of features that money has so bitcoin made the world cashless soon everyone will use bitcoin to buy things instead of fiat money.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:19:05 AM

moneyless society, I think you meant paperless, since bitcoin is also considered as a currency therefore it is money. this time we are on the beginning of having this paperless society, in order to achieve it everyone mus accept the fact that there is digital currency already and that we all need to take part on this, since it has not yet arrived on its peak. there is no doubt that time will come fiat money will become obsolete and will be replaced by digital currency, and as we all know technological advancements can be done easily with digital currency, we may no longer need to carry around our wallets, credit cards or atms just for to buy things or do transactions, it may be just in a form of scanner, like we need to scan our fingerprints or eyes just to make a transaction possible. For sure there will be new ways for us to make use of digital currency, it is also much safer, since it will lower down the crime rate, in my country, those who are addicted to drugs, tend to rob or hold up innocent people just to have their money, more so, if they see you with a fat wallet, but if you told them, you're not carrying any money, what can they do, they cannot get you hard earned money for your family, it just means that your money is safe, and this is just one of the thing I see that we can all benefit from a paperless society. but if what you are saying is to go back to barter trade, you could do that, however, there are a lot of counterfeits today, unlike before, and I doubt that people would participate in this, since we now have technology and just check your smart phone, in my country if you own the latest iphone, you are considered rich, but that very small gadget you have, are you willing to trade for some apples or oranges, once you got hungry? I think there is a reason why barter exchange became obsolete, we are just becoming more and more sophisticated and becoming wiser from time.
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:29:41 AM

Last year (in 2016) I read somewhere on the internet that cash money have disappeared in Sweeden. That is, in Sweeden all transactions are made with credit cards and electronic money. No other country in Europe has achieved this, but there are other Western European countries that are close to this (the Nordic Countries and Germany).  Everyone knows that the Nordic countries of Europe are very progresist and in my opinion there will be necessary other 10-20 years for the other European Countries to follow the example of Sweeden. However "classic" money have not disappeared from Sweeden. The transactions are made using local currency and I do not know when and if this will happen and bitcoin transactions will replace the "classic" currency in Sweeden.
Erowind

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:27:56 AM

As an anarcho-transhumanist which is a variant of anarchism that adheres to syndicalism which is closely related to communism--no not the totalitarian Soviet variant. I'm fairly certain to say that I don't see a mainstream communistic society functioning within the next fifty years due to the social climate. For communism to work, people first have to learn about direct democracy and internalize it. People have to learn about self governance and their responsibility to other people as well as to themselves. Power structures and hierarchy in general have to be delegitimized and replaced with bottom-up forms of organization in order to make our representatives accountable. In a nutshell, there is a lot of cultural work to be done first. A society that does not value, science, art, self determination, liberty, substantive rights, direct democracy, decentralization and a good balance of individualism and pluralism will not be able to function in a communistic manner. Now, if we could remove the human element and automate the economy with robotics and AI evoking a post-scarcity society. It may be possible to establish a communistic economy within a capitalistic market without having all of the aforementioned social change. Also, for anyone wondering, the reason all these glamorous social revolutions lead to despotic red colored fascism instead of communistic utopias like the revolutionaries dream for. Is because the revolutionaries themselves have not prepared for a world without rulers, they often only get to the point where they know the current system doesn't work for everyone, but not how to build a new one in its stead.

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
albert11

Activity: 679

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:36:19 AM

If you mean eliminating the fiat moneys in the marketplace and making things a major source of income is difficult. We have developed and High Tech are the tools now. Even in bitcoins even if you buy it in fiat moneys as the main currency in the world is also difficult because everyone needs to accept it as I live in the mountains of poor and beggars. How they can get it here if they are in the same situation. So we really need to understand the story before accepting an event

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Daisuke

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:39:08 AM

Man can do everything he needs for life. A barter relationship is very uncomfortable. The idea of money creation was good, but bankers and politicians have turned the money in the garbage. We rejoice in what was invented bitcoin. This Tenga like they should be.
Money can be manipulated by the government and bankers thats why they inovate it to some technology where infact cant be manipulated by anyone.
desert.r0se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:40:33 AM

Money makes the world goes round they say, a moneyless society at this day and age may cause chaos  IF the resources are not enough to provide what they want (yes, want and not needs as people will not be getting things they need only)

People today are different from people before (long time back when barter exists.)

Greed is the main enemy of a moneyless society nowadays.

Reality bites but others envy others even in small things they have, how much more if we can get all things for free.

People will not stop acquiring cars, houses etc. as people are drawn to material things already, and if that happens, there will scarcity of resources.

People will then fight over things that are in few numbers and so on and so forth...

Well, I may be thinking worst, but this is what reality is :-(

Katashi

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:59:53 AM

i find this post "MARXIST" at it's best, but you know there's nothing wrong with it, i know you just wanted a gentle world for everybody. but for the situation right now, this will remain as the John Lennon Song said "IMAGINE". I know nothing's impossible but i am only talking bout the reality.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
DpremiumTrades

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:45:41 PM

if this will ever happen, you will see how greedy people can get.
JessicaJHall

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:01:41 AM

There is a value of each and everything, then it can not give it for free; I do not agree with you. Yes I know. Back in the days there were business things.
Money is just a convention used to regulate commercial transactions. In ancient times, it was useless because people living in small villages, trade did not develop so they traded between them. If everyone has what they want, there can be no problem if the whole society helps. Since everyone gets what they want, there may not be many problems. Unless most become lazy ... What if you wanted to buy a car, but it would cost 10,000 pieces of bread? That would be very difficult to implement. thank you  Huh Huh Huh Grin
yogesh01

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:13:05 AM

Money is just a convention used to regulate commercial transactions. In the ancient times it was useless because people lived in small villages, commerce was not developed so they used barter to exchange stuff between them.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:48:12 AM

Hi,

I wanted to run this by you and see what you say.

What if we scrapped money altogether and just gave everybody what they wanted?

I know it sounds ridiculous, and everybody would just go for 100 cars and 100 fancy houses, but if you think about it, if you could get everything you wanted, all those things wouldn't be as valuable anymore, and it would lose it's "richness" appeal and people would be bored by it after a while and just settle with what they actually needed. Don't we have all the technology and resources to make this happen? It could also mean less crimes would happen then too.

Sidenote: I love the idea of bitcoin so I don't really want to ruin bitcoin, but hey, maybe we could go there with bitcoin somehow... Smiley

Scrapping money all together will not stop the social imbalance in the system because even before the establishment of money in the world, the time of trade by barter has been fraught with several problems and with this your proposal, it means going back to the stone age where you or I don't want to be for any reason.

To me, the social system is not perfect but its still OK compared to when money is eradicated it then create a system of questions that perfect answers cannot be sought among which will be:

What will be the basis to share?

Who are those that will be saddled with the responsibility to share and their qualifications?

What will be my one condition to meet to be part of the lot? Do I get automatic slot for being a member of the community or by working among several issues.
zueflapcere

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

Very amusing. I shall inquire more.
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:56:37 PM

Universal basic income is a bit like this I guess, but things are a scarce resource and always will/have been. You cant give everyone anything they want simply because the amount doesnt exist.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: