Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get merchants on board with Bitcoin? (I've got time & money)  (Read 2418 times)
OpenYourEyes (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:22:05 PM

Maybe a submission rate limit would be helpful
Yeah, going to implement that, thanks.

Just ordered some business card/stickers which might accidentally get dropped in some banks and by ATMs Wink

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OpenYourEyes (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:17:09 PM

Sweet! The BitcoinFoundation tweeted the site. Smiley
https://twitter.com/BTCFoundation/status/339424170481954816

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
neurobox

Activity: 220

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:08:44 PM

Nice! Just curious if you've indefinitely dropped the reward system, if so I'll adjust my sig to suit..
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:41:04 PM

It is a nice initiative nonetheless

OpenYourEyes (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:01:16 PM

Nice! Just curious if you've indefinitely dropped the reward system, if so I'll adjust my sig to suit..
Didn't see that link in your sig, thanks for doing so. It will be back up, perhaps tomorrow or day after as I've got a few other things to do.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:26:07 AM

https://www.uber.com/ http://www.lyft.me/ should be approached.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
OpenYourEyes (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Someone emailed them through the site on the 25th May, had no response from them yet.
You could always sent them a custom email from your own mail account; the more interest they see off more people may make them change their minds.

halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:08:52 AM

Well, I'm seriously thinking of starting an entire business geared around bitcoins, selling eBooks.  The only thing I'm concerned about is that it's pretty similar to what CoinDL already does, but my business would be different enough that I think there's room for two of these types of businesses.  Or at least, so I hope?

Does anyone here actually run a bitcoin-based business?  My only reluctance is that I don't want to go to the trouble of setting up a business only to have no one buying, so I'm curious what the sales are like in businesses geared towards bitcoins.  Are you making enough sales to make it worth your while if you're running a bitcoin business?  It'd probably be better for me to start a new thread on this topic. 

As far as the original topic, if you're wanting to go to specific businesses instead of just put out AdSense ads, the natural target (in my opinion) is website hosts since they're already pretty tech savvy and using something that's techy, so it would seem like a good place to start.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
OpenYourEyes (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:25:32 AM

Well, I'm seriously thinking of starting an entire business geared around bitcoins, selling eBooks.  The only thing I'm concerned about is that it's pretty similar to what CoinDL already does, but my business would be different enough that I think there's room for two of these types of businesses.  Or at least, so I hope?

Does anyone here actually run a bitcoin-based business?  My only reluctance is that I don't want to go to the trouble of setting up a business only to have no one buying, so I'm curious what the sales are like in businesses geared towards bitcoins.  Are you making enough sales to make it worth your while if you're running a bitcoin business?  It'd probably be better for me to start a new thread on this topic. 

As far as the original topic, if you're wanting to go to specific businesses instead of just put out AdSense ads, the natural target (in my opinion) is website hosts since they're already pretty tech savvy and using something that's techy, so it would seem like a good place to start.

What sort of eBooks are you talking about?
Ones you've written yourself, allowing users to upload them to sell off?

halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:41:39 AM

What sort of eBooks are you talking about?
Ones you've written yourself, allowing users to upload them to sell off?

Both.  I'm working on a novel now, so I'd use it to sell my own when it's ready, but other people's books as well.  If it were just to sell my own eBooks, I wouldn't need to build an entire site dedicated to it - I'm going to build an author website for myself and I'd just use that instead.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
cyberkiller

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:41:12 PM

I just started accepting bitcoin on one of my sites.
TheOrri

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:46:04 PM

I have business building webshops. There are a lot of ecommerce packets that still need a good bitcoin merchant module.
neurobox

Activity: 220

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:13:33 PM

I have business building webshops. There are a lot of ecommerce packets that still need a good bitcoin merchant module.

Since you're in that field, can you recommend a few popular ones to start with? Perhaps someone could post a bounty or two.
MADinMelbourne

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:07:15 AM

KUDOS to you! I'm approaching Melbourne businesses and will be adding to the takemybitcoin list.. my focus is on brickandmortar more-so than online businesses, we've got some high traffic tourist areas which could do with some bitcoinacceptedhere stickers. From the research I've done I'm recommending CoinJar to the traders I approach, they're based here and offer very similar services to BitPay, with a faster turnaround for bank transfers. Can you add them to the payment processors list for Aus merchants?

Great stuff, very smart investment of time and money.

fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:16:15 PM

See sig for examples of how to do multiple coins in a shop.  BTC has miles to go before it an compete with fiat in regular ecommerce sites.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: