Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:32:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Satoshi Nakamoto be Mike Hearn?  (Read 2907 times)
SkyscraperFarms (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:10:17 PM

Nice finds.

Man, if Google could lay claim to bitcoin and the blockchain, that would be very interesting to watch. We'd find out how decentralized bitcoin could really be!

There is evidence that about 65% of all mining capacities are concentrated in large carpages. This data is not difficult to find online.

What does carpage mean?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SkyscraperFarms (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:16:59 PM

David Kleiman, who unfortunately passed away in 2013, could be our best candidate for Satoshi Nakamoto's true identity. Here's an article on Kleiman's background and story. None of those claiming to be Satoshi have ever moved the genesis blocks Satoshi is known to own the private keys to. With Satoshi holding 1 million plus btc, which are now worth more than $4 billion, the best explanation is Satoshi must have passed away.   Sad

No.

Even Mike clues everyone in as to what happened to all the early coins that are still unspent.
I no longer have the keys that were referenced in my initial emails with Satoshi. That's why the remaining coins are unspent. At the time bitcoins had no value at all and nobody else was using the system, so I didn't bother backing up the wallet and eventually lost it. Back then there were no forums, no markets, no exchanges, no usage at all as far as I could see and Satoshi did not seem to have any interesting in marketing either.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6t2ci2/never_before_seen_mike_hearn_satoshi_nakamoto/dliizv6/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

Nice finds.

Man, if Google could lay claim to bitcoin and the blockchain, that would be very interesting to watch. We'd find out how decentralized bitcoin could really be!

There is evidence that about 65% of all mining capacities are concentrated in large carpages. This data is not difficult to find online.

What does carpage mean?

"Seriously, you never heard of CarPages?"
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:44:11 PM

David Kleiman, who unfortunately passed away in 2013, could be our best candidate for Satoshi Nakamoto's true identity. Here's an article on Kleiman's background and story. None of those claiming to be Satoshi have ever moved the genesis blocks Satoshi is known to own the private keys to. With Satoshi holding 1 million plus btc, which are now worth more than $4 billion, the best explanation is Satoshi must have passed away.   Sad

No.

Even Mike clues everyone in as to what happened to all the early coins that are still unspent.
I no longer have the keys that were referenced in my initial emails with Satoshi. That's why the remaining coins are unspent. At the time bitcoins had no value at all and nobody else was using the system, so I didn't bother backing up the wallet and eventually lost it. Back then there were no forums, no markets, no exchanges, no usage at all as far as I could see and Satoshi did not seem to have any interesting in marketing either.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6t2ci2/never_before_seen_mike_hearn_satoshi_nakamoto/dliizv6/

https://web.archive.org/web/20091215005450/http://www.bitcoin.org:80/smf/

"You mistaken a 2009 Bitcoin forum for a Bitcoin forum in 2009."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2700

<link> On 17 Mar 2010, the now-defunct BitcoinMarket.com exchange is the first one that starts operating.

Does anybody know what Mike Hearn has been smoking?

Aside: Re the last link above, I smell an update for the below in the making ...

Oh, and speaking of "no market", let's revisit Mike's first post, eh?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2270.msg30122#msg30122

SkyscraperFarms (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:45:55 PM

Nice finds.

What does carpage mean?

Nope. Am I missing out on something?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:55:35 PM

Nice finds.

What does carpage mean?

Nope. Am I missing out on something?

Humor, bud. See the car is saying ... And in case you're not versed, cars can't talk.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

TBC, I, too, don't have a clue as to what carpages is/are.
SkyscraperFarms (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:20:31 PM

David Kleiman, who unfortunately passed away in 2013, could be our best candidate for Satoshi Nakamoto's true identity. Here's an article on Kleiman's background and story. None of those claiming to be Satoshi have ever moved the genesis blocks Satoshi is known to own the private keys to. With Satoshi holding 1 million plus btc, which are now worth more than $4 billion, the best explanation is Satoshi must have passed away.   Sad

No.

https[Suspicious link removed]TwrC8/hqdefault.jpg[/img]
"You mistaken a 2009 Bitcoin forum for a Bitcoin forum in 2009."[/center]

<link> On 17 Mar 2010, the now-defunct BitcoinMarket.com exchange is the first one that starts operating.

Aside: Re the last link above, I smell an update for the below in the making ...

You do realize that Bitcoin started 11 months before what ever it is you are trying to reference here and everything I am talking about happened during that first year. For example, the bulk of Satoshi's coins are from 2009, and Mike is confirmed to have been involved in October of 2009 for sure and through his emails as early as April 2009. Also there was no value in bitcoin during this time as you submitted a link to that proof yourself. I think you are confusing December 2009 with December 2008 or something. Even up until Satoshi went silent here, bitcoin had very little value and didn't find dollar parity until after he walked away from the forum. I am not sure what you think you are proving here but you are wrong in whatever you are attempting.

Mike is Satoshi.

Mike doesn't have the keys to the coins he mined in 2009 which means Satoshi does not have the keys to the coins mined in 2009 because they had no value.

For fun, let's assume Satoshi did mine 1 million coins throughout 2009 and 2010. Up until August of 2010 bitcoin had zero value. That is $0. So for 1 year and 8 months (or 20 months) Satoshi was holding onto a wallet or private keys for 20,000 blocks mined (1,000,000 divide by 50) worth of coins that had zero value. Why? Why would he preserve something so worthless at the time when he said multiple times it was an experiment and beta?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:17:51 PM

No.

You do realize that Bitcoin started 11 months before what ever it is you are trying to reference here and everything I am talking about happened during that first year. For example, the bulk of Satoshi's coins are from 2009, and Mike is confirmed to have been involved in October of 2009 for sure and through his emails as early as April 2009. Also there was no value in bitcoin during this time as you submitted a link to that proof yourself. I think you are confusing December 2009 with December 2008 or something. Even up until Satoshi went silent here, bitcoin had very little value and didn't find dollar parity until after he walked away from the forum. I am not sure what you think you are proving here but you are wrong in whatever you are attempting.

Mike is Satoshi.

Mike doesn't have the keys to the coins he mined in 2009 which means Satoshi does not have the keys to the coins mined in 2009 because they had no value.

For fun, let's assume Satoshi did mine 1 million coins throughout 2009 and 2010. Up until August of 2010 bitcoin had zero value. That is $0. So for 1 year and 8 months (or 20 months) Satoshi was holding onto a wallet or private keys for 20,000 blocks mined (1,000,000 divide by 50) worth of coins that had zero value. Why? Why would he preserve something so worthless at the time when he said multiple times it was an experiment and beta?

I stand corrected. Thanks, bud.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:21:07 PM

I dont know, but you should know that this sounds crazy mate, but it would be amazing to know how is Satoshi, it looks like a Tabu in all bitcoin forums, because nobody knows who was the real person behind bitcoin technology, and it would be a great experience to know who is the father of this incredible coin.
This is a nice conspiracy, a little bit crazy, but it makes sense at all, but i dont think that he is the real Satoshi.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

SAmsung, TOSHIba, NAKAmichi, and MOTOrola

There ya go.

It's just your speculation, there is no evidence. But you thought it well.
And what is NAKAmichi? - I hear it for the first time
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:41:57 PM

SAmsung, TOSHIba, NAKAmichi, and MOTOrola

There ya go.

It's just your speculation, there is no evidence. But you thought it well.
And what is NAKAmichi? - I hear it for the first time

Not his speculation, but others:

https://www.wired.com/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/

Someone else wondered whether the name might be a sly portmanteau of four tech companies: SAmsung, TOSHIba, NAKAmichi, and MOTOrola. It seemed doubtful that Nakamoto was even Japanese. His English had the flawless, idiomatic ring of a native speaker.
moinul018

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:42:57 PM

You research looks interesting. I thought they already found the guy, it is an Australian engineer. However, does it really matter who Satoshi Nakamoto is !?
SkyscraperFarms (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

You research looks interesting. I thought they already found the guy, it is an Australian engineer. However, does it really matter who Satoshi Nakamoto is !?

Does it matter? No. But it is satisfying curiosity.

Does it matter what the motive was behind the Las Vegas shooters rampage? No. But everyone is very interested in that which will have no bearing on what already occurred.

People want to know. That is part of life. Without curiosity, we probably wouldn't have made far from the cave.

Wouldn't it be cool to talk to the person behind bitcoin? How did they piece it all together? What motivated him in the beginning? What does he think about the state of the crypto currency realm today? Does he really have all those Keys or are those bitcoins lost forever lowering the overall bitcoin total distribution?

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:25:04 AM

Truly interesting topic, I did not know that Satoshi had an account on bitcointalk and even more than he was the creator ... Are we really sure it is indeed him? Forum administrators may have access to payments since the summer posted messages in their statistics? This would break many rumors!

LOL@U for having a legendary rank.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:31:41 AM

According to the Banking on Bitcoin film which it diffused on netflix, Satoshi nakamoto is a anonymous person  or maybe group of people, He talked with Gavin Andresen which it's a member here on bitcointalk, but after a period of time satoshi disappear, and he never reply to Gavin anymore.

So i think it's too bit hard to search who is satoshis nakamto and where he live, and why he don't like to show himself to the world?

Damn. I regret I used the show/hide feature.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:35:47 AM

Who is Satoshi will remain one of the greatest mysteries. Though there is no need for us to know who Satoshi is I do hope one day we find out who he is. I am glad he created the first truly decentralised digit currency and protocol. The community will forever be grateful to him.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:40:53 AM

Apologies for quoting the [long] OP since nobody else had to date. Nice write-up, bud. Almost puts my James Simons theory to rest, but I can still see him backing Bitcoin's creation, using Mike and perhaps Hal and Nick Szabo as the voice of SN, the latter, NS, being the main voice.

Why apologize for quoting? Why would you feel the need to quote it too? I don't care that you did, just curious why.

Link to your theory? I am always interested in other peoples ideas of who Satoshi could be. I don't know who James Simons is. I have never come across his name. I definitely think Hal could be involved with Mike. Nick Szabo definitely has the same missing online presence as Mike Hearn during Satoshi's online life. However, I am not convinced Nick Szabo was involved. If Szabo created bit gold before, why would he originally call bitcoin electronic-cash then change it to Bitcoin? I believe Nick probably would have called it that from the beginning or not called it that at all since it does sort of link the 2 projects together in name.

Also, I think it was Wei Dai or Adam Back that said Satoshi had no idea about Nick Szabo's bit gold. This definitely makes sense that Satoshi would change the name to Bitcoin after he discovered Bit Gold just months before Bitcoin was released.

I apologized because it's a long OP. I quoted it mostly for my records, having nothing to do with any other reason.

I still think that James Simons put the team together with Nick being the public-facing voice of SN. The team was, and is well paid for their NDA. At the same time, Steve Bannon was working with Brock Pierce where they just got U$65M from Goldman Sachs. Speaking of, how many Sachs dudes make up Trump's cabinet? Don't forget, Robert Mercer was instrumental in getting Trump elected. Simons and Mercer are no friends with the Federal Reserve. Breitbart News publishes Bitcoin/crypto related articles on a regular basis, with all articles first approved by Rebekah Mercer.

The above is just a teaser for my book that'll come out in 2028.  Tongue

That Brock Pierce, who is known to like pool partys with underage boys? I'd buy that book. Keep writing, Bruno.
But I will wear a tutu if Mike Hearn is Satoshi Nakamoto...

toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:43:01 AM

I'll wait for the documentary in 10 years which gives us all the facts and secrets. Hopefully there is a stash of notes and ideas which he releases once he feels comfortable.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:43:13 AM

No.

Mike is Satoshi.

If I'm getting all these right, you're telling me that Satoshi, the founder of Bitcoin and the genesis block miner, had 1,000,000 BTC from the 20,000 blocks he solved. AND because he lost faith in this project becoming reality, he didn't care about them enough and lost the goddamn keys to this 1mil btc?

Damn son! I'd be hiding from my stupidity as well...
SkyscraperFarms (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:45:58 AM

If I'm getting all these right, you're telling me that Satoshi, the founder of Bitcoin and the genesis block miner, had 1,000,000 BTC from the 20,000 blocks he solved. AND because he lost faith in this project becoming reality, he didn't care about them enough and lost the goddamn keys to this 1mil btc?

Damn son! I'd be hiding from my stupidity as well...

No, I am saying that Bitcoin wasn't worth anything for the first 18 months and therefore people including Satoshi didn't care much about preserving the private keys. Remember the 10,000 BTC pizza transaction? That transaction took place at the end of May 2010 which kind of established any worth for BTC for the first time. Think of it like something that was like a penny but wasn't even close to worth a penny. If you dropped one of those pennies, I bet you wouldn't care much.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: