Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:43:07 PM

If forget about the falling prices, there is a good thing, when ICO will be regulative. Most scam ICO's will gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
befrank

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:49:02 PM

I agree, regulation is a good thing.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:59:16 PM

those dummy project will be regulated now and we  will be able to choose between those quality project that will still proceed I think china's moves after
US is just a way for their people to avoid scam projects and I guess it wont stop anything inside crypto just look at it in a positive ways.
MBworld

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:07:26 PM

End of ICO is like End of Bitcoin , like End of Coin A, CoinB .. but that never ends .. ICO are here to stay and they are making tides higher day by day .. just Ambrosus, a blockchain Internet of Things (IoT) platform dedicated to bringing transparency to the food and pharmaceutical supply chains, announced it has raised more than $30 million in its token presale. Following the public crowdsale in September, the project hopes to raise $100 million.
aretebit

Activity: 84

All that glitters is not bitcoin

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:11:45 PM

USA and now China, the other countries will follow. So for all people doing ICO's just for scam (90%+): the party is over.

Dirty evil government thieves: Return me my money!
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:14:26 PM

I don't think this series of events signals the end of ICOs. Regulation is inevitable. The strongest ICOs will still find a way to succeed, with or without government regulation.

I agree, It's well known that any new concept eventually gets regulated. This could be a good thing as it will raise the bar of ICO's. Also I know that China and the US are huge markets, but there is still a huge market for it in countries where it isn't regulated (just yet)
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:16:06 PM

In my opinion the icos killed themselves. Everyday since 1 year you see new Icos.A lot of time they are collecting big money for simple things. I invested 2 times in Icos and burned my Fingers. Now I am only investing in Communities and coins which never were dropped by Icos.

That's a reason why I will go ALL IN   Deeponion .
Maybe this will be the future Alt had by had with Bitcoin.
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:18:32 PM

China decided last weekend to ban all initial ICOs to study regulation:

Regulators in China have banned all initial public coin offerings pending a review and the possible introduction of regulations to control the booming market.

News that China was considering banning ICOs emerged last week when it was reported that China’s Securities and Futures Commission, the China Banking Regulatory Commission and other regulators had met and were considering a ban on all ICOs until concerns about risks were addressed.

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2017/09/03/china-bans-initial-coin-offerings-pending-review/
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:31:16 PM

Maybe these regulations made are for the better and may limit the numerous ICOs that are sprouting about because these days there are so many ICOs it makes it hard for people who want to invest and some are scams. The governments made these regulations perhaps because a number of people were victims lf scams and they want avoid similar cases in the future.

omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:41:44 PM

If forget about the falling prices, there is a good thing, when ICO will be regulative. Most scam ICO's will gone.
That means to give the more filter to get the competitive team to run ico, but it will not work as a lot of the people's prediction regarding the latest news about the ico has banned in the chinese, i think we are in the first waves of the drop.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:43:52 PM

It should've been a financial concern for all countries that more and more ICOs were coming into the scene and this was bound to happen sooner or later. A country's money going into the pockets of 'altcoin' developers when some of them remain to stay anonymous (*cough* DeepOnion *cough*) becomes an issue for any country. To have a check on this, rules and regulations are being set to make sure things don't go out of hand, not to mention the multiple scam ICOs which ran away with tons of money.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:49:46 PM

I don't think this would be the end for ICO. Even though government bodies are already trying to regulate things regarding ICO, I believe people will still find ways to open an ICO which is compliant to the rules imposed upon it. We should take note that they not really banning ICO but they are just regulating it as most of the ICOs that we had are vaporware that just scam people and the dev team walking with investors money.

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:59:15 PM

USA citizens already banned from most ICOs, now Chinese unable to ICO, and probably this kind of restriction will become more common, people been laughing at VCc, saying they're obsolete, let's see who has the last laugh...
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 02:00:07 PM

Well, I hope not. Maybe it was the reason why most of the coins are down. I think it's fine to regulate it to lessen fraud but that's just my opinion. Hope everything will get resolved soon.

TheFriends

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:00:39 PM

This is not the end of the ICOS. This market must remain unregulated, I think they are afraid of losing all that investment in the traditional markets in which they have a part of the fraud.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:02:12 PM

Regulation for ICOs is necessary - too many scams these days. People losing out big time on things like Coindash. The numbers are increasing all the time - so many of these ICOs, and so many worthless or poorly thought out projects - it's like the equivalent of pre-ordering a video game...they're rushed to market and need to be patched up afterwards....or just die.

NavySeals

Activity: 371

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:05:13 PM

China's regulation step will cause a crysis in crypto currency markets now. All of the prices saw their lowest rates and it's hard to recover loss now.

Hope, bitcoin fork won't have worse negative effect on the market on october and november.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:15:45 PM

ico will not end, but i am afraid thar it may be having no matter with the normal investor, it will be monopolized by the institution like IPO, and normal people can only buy coins at high price on the exchange

konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:18:25 PM

surely it all depends on the producers all because they are giving cost injections for many participants, if there should be rules will make the more effective performance of some ico reason will be increasingly tightened performances observations at any time so that the need for wider insight.

ctyong

Activity: 145
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

ICO not gonna ends. Yeah, there are few scam/shit coin out there and it does needs regulation so we can trust the reliability and to make sure the developer to perform. If there isn't any solution yet, then we need every one of us around the globe to against the idea of ICO to make all of this to end. Just my 2 cents.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: