Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:22:20 AM

If we are to be truthful to ourselves ico project need to be regulated in others to build confidence in the mind of the investors. We are having many scamming project pumping up daily and the issue is that nor of them could do what they have promised in they projects, when the project get listed before you know they are dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptotal

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

cryptotal

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

I think not. Regulation should be done. A more strict rule on creating an ICO. I agree that old coins will benefit from this. 
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 08:59:12 PM

I can not imagine a country break a whole idea. What I am sure is that the countries must controll what happens with the money, many users have of course very quickly made money here.
After the government gets controll into it  icos will be as good as they was.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

alien-fx2

Activity: 61

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:46:16 AM

People will always find a way to invest in these things. There are already projects in which not only investors, but also developers are anonymous.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:02:36 AM

The regularization of ICOS would be an incredible channel and the level of being a misrepresentation would be much lower. Control is unavoidable. The most grounded ICOs will at present figure out how to succeed. Regardless I think there are a great deal of good up and coming ICOs that have turned out to be genuine. Despite the fact that administration bodies are as of now attempting to manage things with respect to ICO, I trust individuals will in any case discover approaches to open an ICO which is consistent to the principles forced upon it. We should observe that they not by any stretch of the imagination forbidding ICO yet they are simply managing it as the greater part of the ICOs that we had are vaporware that simply trick individuals and the advancement group strolling with speculators cash.
zahed

Activity: 344
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:20:56 AM

I heard ICO just ban for China or U.K i think.China already declared ICO is ban for this country.I think its regulation fact by their government.Many ICO is scam this is big main reason.

Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:43:46 AM

I dont think so the ICO's will end soon but in the future it can really happen.
The ICO ban by the Chinese government is just to protect their citizens for obvious reasons.
I think without the USA and China, there is still the rest of the world so definitely its not the end of ICO's
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:08:44 PM

The ICO ban by the Chinese government is just to protect their citizens for obvious reasons.
I think without the USA and China, there is still the rest of the world so definitely its not the end of ICO's
Although the ICO market will be not end by the Chinese government.
But I think them had affected to this market and made the mentality of investors doubt in this field.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
gyu22

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:07:16 PM

Although the ICO market will be not end by the Chinese government.
But I think them had affected to this market and made the mentality of investors doubt in this field.

I agree that investors will be more cautious due to the Chineese ban, but I don't think banning is the solution for scams. I think is better a regulation of the information, ICOs should informe about the pros and cons, and in my view the community can set the rules. If a government regulates something, this means they would tax it somehowe.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:34:12 PM

It won't be good because when regulation will come in effect the new comer will have to go for obtaining the licenses and the procedure will take long time to get in. This way ICO will start forming very slowly and there won't be any good coin coming as early as it comes right now. We will have to wait long to get a good ICO and our investments clubbed together.

It might be good for us in legality perspective. Because having legalised things means decreasing the scam promotion in first place. Hope it brings good to us and they dint ban the thing completely.

You will only be subject to those regulations if you are from a country with those regulations, in this case the US and China, if you are from any other country then you will be able to invest as usual, besides I think many icos instead of complying are just going to deny people from those countries to buy into their ico, only a world wide regulation on icos could change the existing behavior.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:37:40 PM

People will always find a way to invest in these things. There are already projects in which not only investors, but also developers are anonymous.

Very good way to invest - decentralized ICO places. This is new trand. But soon it will be everywhere!
CryptoLex

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

I reckon with such a high demand on ICO's and room for alot of new ideas  it wont change anywhere soon, but that being said their will need to be some sort of regulation on them
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

I don't really think we are anywhere close to an end of ICOs. In fact, there are new ICOs every day and demand is always high. I don't think there is a way to stop this. And I even don't think that they should. Most of ICOs are actually very interesting projects.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:21:26 AM

Even with China Usa banning ICO, they cant stop people to invest into them, bitcoin does allows them to keep investing no matter if their country does allow or not. Ico will still being promoted and be made untill the day the market is full and all potencial projects get live, there is no way to stop them, as some of them does bring interest and value to crypto.
bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:38:37 AM

Even with China Usa banning ICO, they cant stop people to invest into them, bitcoin does allows them to keep investing no matter if their country does allow or not. Ico will still being promoted and be made untill the day the market is full and all potencial projects get live, there is no way to stop them, as some of them does bring interest and value to crypto.

In theory, they can't totally ban ico concept. We use digital and virtual coins where we can do our wishes. They can't control our virtual coins from their central governments. So I'll keep participating in different icos.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:45:56 AM

In theory, they can't totally ban ico concept. We use digital and virtual coins where we can do our wishes. They can't control our virtual coins from their central governments. So I'll keep participating in different icos.

Incorrect.
acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:54:35 AM

ICO's wont end, it will only be regulated, and that is not a bad thing for cryptocurrencies, regulation will help prevent scam ico's take the investors money, since ico is necessary for a projects success regulation will also be a factor for its good development especially in legal terms.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:59:06 AM

ICO's wont end, it will only be regulated, and that is not a bad thing for cryptocurrencies, regulation will help prevent scam ico's take the investors money, since ico is necessary for a projects success regulation will also be a factor for its good development especially in legal terms.

There is a huge downside coming though:

The downside of regulation of token sales as securities, is they can’t actually become freely tradeable everywhere tokens legally, unless they are locked untradeable on the blockchain for 3 years.

No more get-rich-quick gains and scammy pumpy dumpy.
imabauss

Activity: 104

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:01:30 AM

ya but if ICO is illegal in they country. They maybe get jailed if they invest on ICO. it's still bad for some trader

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:15:20 AM

We still have japan and some other countries, and now japan became the biggest bitcoin market market after chinese traders started to move to japan exchanges

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████