Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:41:07 AM

As long as they don't get suspended on Russia haha  Grin. On a more serious note tho, it may actually have the opposite effect (Streisand Effect) and result in ICOs being more profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:00:25 AM

I think regulating initial coin offering  has its benefits and also if initial coin offering were regulated most likely there will be a fewer scammers.  We all know that some of the coins are just a scheme but we can always avoid it if there is some kind of board or group of people who can check if it is a legit coin.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:28:15 AM

These hard working developers are unstoppable, Chinese need to think of some other way to make it effective, who cares if American, Chinese and all the world bans ICOs if they are not asking you where you live before taking your coins and give you some other coin? there are some ICOs even talking about accepting any body from any country no matter what, I would never ask you for identification if you want to volunteer to participate in my activity ICO. half dead lol. I have big plans for the banned people because I know the feeling. full stop lol, if some body like me is able to depose the most powerful countries in the world by ignoring their rules and regulatory borderlines then a spammer from east Asia could run several projects simultaneously and act as if nothing is wrong.

🖤😏
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:35:13 AM

Regulation is good. An all-out ban is not apparently. Well, if they have something in mind that would replace ICO as an instrument to gather resources and sell tokens as an introduction to the market, then perhaps we will have to take a look first. For now, ICO is still widely used and new projects are taking note of it with future ICO plans. Just kicking out scams is enough.
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:43:11 AM

This will be good so that we can weed out the scam ICOs from the legit ones. Given that there would be less of them, at least we are going to get quality ICOs. Hopefully anyway.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:43:32 AM

If we are to be truthful to ourselves ico project need to be regulated in others to build confidence in the mind of the investors. We are having many scamming project pumping up daily and the issue is that nor of them could do what they have promised in they projects, when the project get listed before you know they are dump.

It's not about us actually. It doesn't matter how truthful you stay in the ICO but it's all about those idiots who have made the spam ICO in first place. What we do? We just invest our money in the hope that when the ICO hits the exchanger we will receive the reward for our investments. They get huge money from the ICO and they have to circulate just some portion of the ICO fund raiser still they will scam us. That's really unfair.

If they are doing it then obviously it is money that's get carried away and the government will react on that due to all the complaints about these companies. To be honest government also can not do anything in that as these projects are unregulated with license and stuff. That's why I believe the country's taking decision to ban them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:21:21 AM

Well, if they have something in mind that would replace ICO as an instrument to gather resources and sell tokens as an introduction to the market, then perhaps we will have to take a look first.

I have explained the alternatives to ICOs for fundraising. Even explained further the novel fundraising plan for my altcoin project.
Budening

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:39:36 AM

Information is very important, I think ICO will not be finished until here. Market Value in japan is good, hopefully other countries can follow it. Maybe yesterday china is making a regulation about ICO so bitcoin price goes down, but now it has gone up again and back to normal.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:45:54 PM

I think regulating ICO’s is a good way to avoid scam. And it will not be the end of ICO’s as long as there are investors, ICO’s don’t need Chinese investors anyway.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

Just read a news on yahoo that South Korea has also banned ICOs. Hope this is temporary move and they will put strict regulations so that scams are not able to raise money through ICO. Only then investors will be protected.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/first-china-now-south-korea-054738392.html
VFabio

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:49:05 PM

It was just the beginning!

Rulers (or governments) are trying to keep disruptive technologies under control and basically just try to utilise it for their own interests by exploiting the weaker as much as they can until the basis for realising their plans is set.

So when the infrastructure for high finance of cryptos is set, I believe they'll open up the ecosystem for the mainstream.

Warren Buffert

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:08:39 PM

As long as they don't get suspended on Russia haha  Grin. On a more serious note tho, it may actually have the opposite effect (Streisand Effect) and result in ICOs being more profitable

Maybe for the ones that do go through with it, but I think as more regulations pop up there will be less and less ico's being launched.
Zerosk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:21:02 PM

This is just the beginning!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cryptonodes

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:30:24 PM

We are just at the beginning of ICOs and tokenization.

Millions of assets could be tokenized in the future.

Tokenization is an optimal allocation of resources, instantly tradable.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:41:48 PM

Maybe this will be good for old coins, and coins already in the big market, this is good for old crypto users, especially now too much ICO, maybe this is the right step, we will invest in an existing project since a long time ago

I think it's not the end of the ICO in the present day. It maybe China ban the ICOs in their country, It doesn't means that all of the countries will do what China does. Because there are other countries still open to the ICO's. There are still ICO's sensible, though most are not legit.
Skylake

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:43:26 PM

not yet, i see some ico still running and getting investor from other country, not only from china, korea.
we have great uero market too

suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:47:46 PM

It's not the end of ICO's, it's just an end of ICO's that will make you quick x10.

The competition is getting better and better, and it's going to be hard to attract investors to your particular ICO.
yogesh01

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:55:39 PM

No surprise this is happening the ICO's were getting out of hand becoming harder and harder to pick the legit projects.
The strongest ICOs will still find a way to succeed, with or without government regulation.
aroweyen

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

I don't think it's the end of ICO's I think its only the beginning. There's so much more in Digital World and I believe its the demand that will determine the success/failure not China or US.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:01:01 PM

It was just the beginning!

Rulers (or governments) are trying to keep disruptive technologies under control and basically just try to utilise it for their own interests by exploiting the weaker as much as they can until the basis for realising their plans is set.

So when the infrastructure for high finance of cryptos is set, I believe they'll open up the ecosystem for the mainstream.

I think its okay if they stop those ICO's but its good that it will be regulated, screened and studied before it will be open to public. Or, it is better to fund some startup in kick starter projects as we will see the development and how the projects goes on. There are already many kickstarter startup that succeed, where its good to invest.

Open for Campaigns
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: