Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:23:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
David_5M

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Making Blockchain Safer for Everyday Use

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 03:57:53 PM

With clear regulations from the government, it will allow ICOs to be conducted in a manner which both issuers and investors can be protected. So this is just the beginning of ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:33:21 PM

I think not. Regulation should be done. A more strict rule on creating an ICO. I agree that old coins will benefit from this. 
I disagree with your point of regulation should be done, I know there are a lot of scams going on but people fall on those scams because they want to become rich quick, we will not need government regulation if people took the time to look at the projects and read the bad review leave there by the members that actually go and make a research in the project, but no, people keep throwing their money at useless projects and losing money and now are crying for governments to save them. Go figure.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

As long as they don't get suspended on Russia haha  Grin. On a more serious note tho, it may actually have the opposite effect (Streisand Effect) and result in ICOs being more profitable

Maybe for the ones that do go through with it, but I think as more regulations pop up there will be less and less ico's being launched.
But this ICOs will be well-thinking, legitimate and clear for all. And wild west of ICOs ended. With all + and - .
this can help we avoid scam ICO and trash ICO. why many people think this news is bad. :/
Because for many people if they made money with a coin then that coin is great but if they lose money with the coin then that coins is bad, so for those people if they lose with a coin even if it was because of their own  mistakes then that is a coin that will always be bad for them but if they earn money with a coin that is obviously a terrible coins they do not care, they like the profits, it does not make sense but many people think like that.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 05:58:38 PM

Yes i agree with some users in here, but nothing has happened to bitcoins, i think that all notices that we had in the past were failed fuds, because the only country that made some regulations for ico's were china and south korea, but it is not confirmed at all.
And a lot of people were saying that bitcoin/icos were going to be banend in francia, india, russia, and the whole asia.
What a nice try people.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
viber1234

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:06:46 PM

if a project is solid and the owners really want to implement it with the money gathered from an ICO, i am not seeing any reason why this will stop.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:11:05 PM

Yes i agree with some users in here, but nothing has happened to bitcoins, i think that all notices that we had in the past were failed fuds, because the only country that made some regulations for ico's were china and south korea, but it is not confirmed at all.
And a lot of people were saying that bitcoin/icos were going to be banend in francia, india, russia, and the whole asia.
What a nice try people.

I am very familiar with ico made in china, russia, ukraine, and america, if these four countries finally banned all investments in ICO then it will be bad for the future of altcoin new circulation, i think china and russia people have to think again with potential profit they will can from ICO, they can apply strong KYC rules to every investor, if they form a special escrow it will be very effective.
John Langut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:16:49 PM

Regulation will not stop bitcoin. It's new to conservative governments and they just want some control. Some regulation is not so bad, with so many cowboys trying to get rich in a short period of time. There are too many scams and that has to stop.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:21:44 PM

Ico projects has not come to an end and what the government: both the United States of America and Chinese government are trying to do is to regulate them in away that ico will not affect their monetary policy. Scamming activities has also find it way into ico projects and if government did not put them under check their will create havoc.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

there is more and more ico's every day!

and now more and more sketchy coins with airdrops for every one!

brace winter is coming Smiley
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:47:43 PM

As long as they don't get suspended on Russia haha  Grin. On a more serious note tho, it may actually have the opposite effect (Streisand Effect) and result in ICOs being more profitable

Maybe for the ones that do go through with it, but I think as more regulations pop up there will be less and less ico's being launched.
But this ICOs will be well-thinking, legitimate and clear for all. And wild west of ICOs ended. With all + and - .
this can help we avoid scam ICO and trash ICO. why many people think this news is bad. :/
Because for many people if they made money with a coin then that coin is great but if they lose money with the coin then that coins is bad, so for those people if they lose with a coin even if it was because of their own  mistakes then that is a coin that will always be bad for them but if they earn money with a coin that is obviously a terrible coins they do not care, they like the profits, it does not make sense but many people think like that.
This thing is normal, because a token can not gives us a good profit like our hope when we invested into this token will be bad token in our thought. If you are also an investor have this trouble, what is your think in that time? Do you also have a thought like my said?

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Nothingbuttmoney

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:25:10 PM

hell no, the end
i just started bithezzzz
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

I think a Countries can take regulations, But they will never control or regulate at any ICO structure.
But bitcointalk can regulate it and protect out scam ico's.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:34:10 PM

Dont think ICOs will end completely but this ICO bubble that we are in certainly cannot go on forever. Perhaps will more money always incoming into the industry ICO caps can be higher but one thing is certain there needs

to be more regulation in this aspect of cryptocurrencies.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:46:31 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 10:58:39 PM by error08

No, it's not the end of ICOs, but a better step to get legit projects due to government regulations.
More countries ban ICOs such as in China and South Korea, on the other hand Russia have warned their citizens to be aware of the high risk (https://www.coindesk.com/russias-central-bank-issues-warning-cryptocurrencies-icos/),  but most coutries doesn't have regulation about it and first world countries planned to regulate it (https://cointelegraph.com/news/in-wake-of-china-ico-ban-japan-singapore-us-give-crypto-second-look)
- Japan’s Financial Services Agency (FSA) is looking at how to handle ICO’s to reduce money laundering and fraud. This includes establishing specific accounting rules on how to treat cryptocurrency transactions.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore, said in a memo in August that it intends to regulate the sale of cryptocurrencies if it relates to products under their securities regulation. Their main concern is the potential for money laundering and terrorist financing through the ICO process.
- US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) website urge buyers of digital tokens to be vigilant and provide them with ways of identifying investment schemes that could be used for nefarious purposes.
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

Most ICOs should come to an end because most are scams.

Many are rehashed or copies of other ICOs.

There is no way to tell if they can develop anything.

hallo1488

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

Hi, guys, there will be no future without ICO. I know a lot of amazing projects which raised money during ICO. Governments of all the countries need to assist to ICO, but not ban it. A good example - Confideal ICO. It is supported by the Blockchain Association of Ireland, and this product allows you to carry out quick, cheap and safe transactions without the participation of third parties. The platform is based on Ethereum Smart Contracts that are optimized for use by non-programmers.  Check it - these guys made smth very special!

What makes this Confideal different from other blockchain projects?
Densite

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

ICO will become a de facto method of raising funds in the future. The main thing is that there were more ICO with a real product and a strong team, such as Confideal, Global tex or Atlant
Anna69

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:31:37 PM

Hi, guys, there will be no future without ICO. I know a lot of amazing projects which raised money during ICO. Governments of all the countries need to assist to ICO, but not ban it. A good example - Confideal ICO. It is supported by the Blockchain Association of Ireland, and this product allows you to carry out quick, cheap and safe transactions without the participation of third parties. The platform is based on Ethereum Smart Contracts that are optimized for use by non-programmers.  Check it - these guys made smth very special!

What makes this Confideal different from other blockchain projects?

It is possible to use the Ethereum blockchain to create smart-contracts manually, however this requires coding skills. Confideal is a unique platform, which offers a full stack of tools necessary to create, maintain and fulfill contracts using any ERC-20 tokens. Try to search more on telegram or their website at least
alpsea
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 555

https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:40:59 PM

ICO is too much for now, maybe it could be good. It will be very effective.

AndrazLesi

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

why?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: