Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:23:37 AM

it seems it is a rumor. until now so many ico are popping up with all kinds that they offer to us. the positive side is always there. and vice versa. maybe there should be a legal body that cope when some ico becomes a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logosobscura

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:30:13 AM

The only change has taken direct action specifically against ICOs. All the others- US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Korea, and I'm sure Japan will- have restated the same guidance: if your ICO looks like a security, functions like a security, and has worse risk than security, then it is a regulated instrument and you have to go through all of the legal requirements that an IPO does. That's not the end of ICOs- it's the end of the ICO Pyramid Schemes in the same way that regulation ended the Penny Stock Pyramids that existed in the 19th Century.

We should all welcome that- it means ICOs have to well designed, deliver exactly what they promise to their investors, and are held to higher standards. There is a really simple way of avoiding it: ICO tokens with an actual legitimate utility, not speculative instruments.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:11:55 AM

This is not the end, this is the beginning. It is clear that the government should somehow begin to regulate these ICO, but the question is How? By what criteria to determine the quality? even if experts sometimes make mistakes...
anyway, I consider like a positive trend attention to this method of collecting investments from the governments
The main secret to the success of any cryptocurrency is the team behind it, their marketing skills and how relevant the project is. The thing is that no one is ready to support a scammy project and lose their funds these days and no one is ready to support a project that apparently won't be much relevant for anything in the future. With good marketing of a good project which springs support, there is always success at the end.

Hence we can see more ICOs will come into play. People will learn new techniques and will follow them to make their ICOs successful. Probably we can never find any end for ICOs.
bhobafett

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Icos will not be erase that easily in crypto world. As long as new icos keep on coming in, that's the sign that ico will stay for a few years maybe.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:01:28 AM

it is not the end, I am sure. Regulation is good enough if ppl know what to do and they are professionals in the area of regulation. But it's not always so.
I hope projects like confideal will exist after regulation
Yes, regulation will really give birth to a more sane ICO environment unlike what we have always had. However, we need to understand that China is not the only country where ICOs evolve, as we have some other projects too from various countries and it is left for each of the government in these places to do the needful.

Nevertheless, I feel investors themselves are too lazy to do research on any project they are investing in which has really cause this huge regulation thing.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:37:47 AM

I'm not so pessimistic.
I think ICOs will change and ICO investors / contributors will be more demanding.
And there will space for two types of ICOs:
  • Breakthrough (much related with infrastructure): like Bancor, Tezos, Aragon, Raiden, OmiseGo that can be the next "Cisco"
  • Impact (much related with utility): kin (https://kin.kik.com) and appcoins (https://appcoins.io) that are using the blockchain to leverage existent user bases of many million users

The interesting question if there is space for something like filecoin (https://filecoin.io). I think so but I think that represents more risk to the investors that Kin or AppCoins as they don't have user base and a proven model and a track record.

jagster

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:59:09 AM

Let's not forget there are crypto-friendly jurisdictions out there that will be models of what's to come. ICO's must evolve with the landscape and so should regulation. Initial regulation is reactionary since politicians are playing catch up, so it takes good ICO players to pave the road forward. Look at the US and how they've handled cannabis legalization. It's taken a few states breaking ground to show the rest how it's done.

ICO's aren't impacting the world of politics very much yet. It's only catching their attention because of the vasts amount of capital invested in the ICO ecosystem, just like early Bitcoin only caught their attention because of it's ties to the black market. Once projects start putting more real things on the ground, we'll start to see some real change in regulation. Right now it's largely just websites, games, and computer stuff to politicians.
BenchCoinToken (OP)

Activity: 110

BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 09:20:58 AM

Nevertheless, I feel investors themselves are too lazy to do research on any project they are investing in which has really cause this huge regulation thing.

I think this is one of the most true statements about the entire ICO process.  1 minute videos and selfies are considered "due diligence" while business plans are considered "too long to read".  Culture of Social Media  Shocked Roll Eyes

Franko30

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

it is not the end, I am sure. Regulation is good enough if ppl know what to do and they are professionals in the area of regulation. But it's not always so.
I hope projects like confideal will exist after regulation
Yes, regulation will really give birth to a more sane ICO environment unlike what we have always had. However, we need to understand that China is not the only country where ICOs evolve, as we have some other projects too from various countries and it is left for each of the government in these places to do the needful.

Maybe u have a right abt laziness. But i believe that smart projects and good investor will find each other  after regulation even easier that now
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

If we want to see more ICOs... regulation is the way to go because it will be one of the few ways to sieve out any scam projects that just want to take advantage of the available financial resources, besides ICOs  are just getting started, not ending as people are now taking this technology seriously.
HappyPirate

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:03:39 PM

hell no!
friends, just pay attention that our ICO has been estimated to 5.0. It puts us to TOP-8 projects listed there. Don't you think is fantastic extimate?
https://icobench.com/icos?s=confideal
Sahabat_

Activity: 322

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:23:37 PM

now ICO is something of an innovation to be conveyed by someone or a group of people who want to participate in the life of the world and if ICO stops will certainly affect everything that exists now, for example there is no addition of coin or difficulty of trading land that became the income of many people

artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

This is only the beginning and the authorities are trying to understand how to regulate ICO. Because of this, now there are problems with China, America and other countries.

But a couple of years it seems to me such a thing as an IPO simply would not exist. As soon as you do the normal adjustable rules for cryptocurrency in the world and ICO, all will go up

High risk high payoff
Fox-111

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:32:55 PM

There are some great ICO's out there and coming on line. Provided you look into them a little and read up on their white paper you can nut out which are a scam.
I doubt they are going away any time soon as its a very easy way to get behind some of the great projects out there being developed!
mrbr0wn007

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:35:19 PM

No end in sight IMO...
Lindazz

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:19:43 PM

ICO market is currently there are many big problems, the need for new provisions to restrain the ICO market

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jenna_G

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:16:45 PM

I hope it isn't the end, because I want to make money on a new phone. If seriously  i'm sure we need to regulate ICO, and after it only good projects will live, my lovely confideal for example
BenchCoinToken (OP)

Activity: 110

BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:52:44 PM

Here is some proof ICO's are not slowing down.  $2B in 2 months with September being the biggest month to date!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/initial-coin-offerings-rake-in-another-billion-in-under-2-months

Michae1k

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

And i think regulations will give second life to ICOs, so we just need to wait a little
now I plan to invest in one good project - Confideal, ofc in my opinion
greatk

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:39:56 PM

There would be more crackdown on ICOs in 2018, but that will not slow down the raising of funds by both genuine and scamy projects

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: